JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If does suck so much is made there now but its too the point were its hard to find a lot of stuff not made there. They can and do make some VERY nice stuff too. Of course then the problem becomes when people in the same country make copies of the nice stuff that are crap. 🤬

I like that they're making them gun-specific. The Glock MOS cut was always a bit too shallow for me and this addresses it. I agree that it's too bad that a Chinese company is the one making all the headway.

I do like to support American companies but the truth is sometimes quality products aren't dictated by what country they are from. I can think of some pretty terrible American brands and some pretty amazing ones outside the US. Fenix flashlights are great, regardless of where they are made. They just happen to be from China. Around the world there are people who are skilled at their craft and take pride in their work. Sure, Holosun may be Chinese, but are their products good enough that it doesn't matter where they are from? Innovation and excellence can come from anywhere.

Truth be told, I'd rather try and support a local business by buying from them than necessarily what the country of origin is on the products they sell. That will have a bigger impact on my community, neighbors, friends, and family.

Still can't justify buying a Noveske though, even if they are right down the street.

Chinese manufacture doesnt necesarily mean junk, what I understand is it depends on where the product is in its lifecycle. If its still young and shipped to China there are workers there who are relatively living large making bank for an extra dollar a day and their craftmanships excels to keep that job. Its when the product gets sucessfull enough that clones start rolling out its time to find another product.

Most of the components (resistors, capacitors, diodes, etc) are now made in China. It makes more sense to assemble the unit in China and send it back to America to save on export fees.

The problem still is that you buy a US or European brand and spend the extra $$$ for a non Chinese product. The harsh reality is that many of these are still made there or if "made" outside of China are assembled from Chinese parts.

If you want to avoid Chinese optics then is there a list of 100% non Chinese scopes? I mean no parts, no glass, etc from the CCP.

The problem still is that you buy a US or European brand and spend the extra $$$ for a non Chinese product. The harsh reality is that many of these are still made there or if "made" outside of China are assembled from Chinese parts.

If you want to avoid Chinese optics then is there a list of 100% non Chinese scopes? I mean no parts, no glass, etc from the CCP.
Trijicon and Leupold both source all their parts in the USA, but those are the only two I know of.

Even the glass? Most glass comes from Asia, some from Europe, and less from the US. Leupold Mark latest perhaps US?
It's been a few years since I read this information (and I can't find the source now) but I'm certain I read that everything was sourced in-country. Of course, that could have changed since then, and maybe now they import various components / parts.

EDIT: From Leupold's website:

1646887905395.png

So it looks like Leupold does get some of its glass from Asia (in part), as you said.

Last Edited:
It's been a few years since I read this information (and I can't find the source now) but I'm certain I read that everything was sourced in-country. Of course, that could have changed since then, and maybe now they import various components / parts.

EDIT: From Leupold's website:

View attachment 1150400

So it looks like Leupold does get some of its glass from Asia (in part), as you said.
It's a global economy and Chinese products are inexpensive. As spendy as scopes are you are likely sending much more money than you realize to China, it's just in smaller amounts so you don't see it. Not saying that I want my money to go there, it's just the practicality of it. I do seek to buy American first followed by Canada and Mexico then Europe and I will pay more for it if I can find it and the price isn't obscene.

All I need it to do is hold zero. Fancy options need not apply.
By options I mean their SCS, a sight meant for Glock MOS that is tiny. There is nothing else like that. Also, their new tiny closed emitter (EPS carry). Holosun is progressing forward while Aimpoint and Trijicon are still stuck with their same old stuff. It just pisses me off that the commies straight up stole the tech and are now leading the pack while the "good guys" stay dormant when they should be stepping up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top