JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Today I walked around my woods with a logger and my neighbor - maybe a quarter of a mile.

It was the inclines (in and out of a gully) that hurt my lower back. It stiffened up and ached.

Going out now to test fire my P227 to verify that the new springs work in the mags, see if I can get my back to loosen up.

Every morning as I relax in the hot tub before I have to drive to MEPS I see the turkey buzzards circling over head. Every day I raise my fist and shake it at them....shouting:

I am not dead yet you feathered, foul bastidges!

My wife thinks I am crazy but I am telling you....for me, it is working so far.:D

Brutus Out
HILARIOUS

Today I walked around my woods with a logger and my neighbor - maybe a quarter of a mile.

It was the inclines (in and out of a gully) that hurt my lower back. It stiffened up and ached.

Going out now to test fire my P227 to verify that the new springs work in the mags, see if I can get my back to loosen up.

Off Road Walker.jpg
Get one of these....:p

I went to the doctor at the VA Clinic yesterday and he said that I was just fine. (All I needed is a slight adjustment of my prescriptions). I don't need to whine about every ache and pain. I figure that this is just a part of living.

p.s. My doctor will be retiring my May. (I'm going to miss that guy)!
which clinic? Hillsboro? Pinn?

I was feeling stiff and sore this morning. Didn't trust my back/leg to walk without a cane.

Chiro is in the same building I work in and I had an appt. so afterwards it took a few hours but I feel better again. Still some pain, but low enough that I don't mind it when doing other things that require my attention to take my mind off the slight pain.

I was feeling stiff and sore this morning. Didn't trust my back/leg to walk without a cane.

Chiro is in the same building I work in and I had an appt. so afterwards it took a few hours but I feel better again. Still some pain, but low enough that I don't mind it when doing other things that require my attention to take my mind off the slight pain.

Got out of my car at the gas station last Saturday. My back & legs crackled. I groaned a little louder that I thought. The gas station attendant asked me where I was coming from. I asked her "What do you mean?" She said that I looked like I just drove a long distance. I said "No, just the half mile from my house." We laughed. Some mornings I feel older than others.

Got out of my car at the gas station last Saturday. My back & legs crackled. I groaned a little louder that I thought. The gas station attendant asked me where I was coming from. I asked her "What do you mean?" She said that I looked like I just drove a long distance. I said "No, just the half mile from my house." We laughed. Some mornings I feel older than others.

Getting in and out of my car is sometimes very painful as it twists my back just right to tweak that nerve. It doesn't help that I am 6'6" tall and have to twist and bend and contort myself to get in and out of most cars.

Getting in and out of my car is sometimes very painful as it twists my back just right to tweak that nerve. It doesn't help that I am 6'6" tall and have to twist and bend and contort myself to get in and out of most cars.
I had a mini van about 7 years ago. It really easy to get in and out of. No climbing up or down into. Room to carry stuff out of the rain, semi-secure. I think my next car will be another mini van.

If your 6'6", ditch that Volkswagen and get something bigger...:p

I had a mini van about 7 years ago. It really easy to get in and out of. No climbing up or down into. Room to carry stuff out of the rain, semi-secure. I think my next car will be another mini van.
My son is 6'4" and he has been using a older dinged up Chrysler Minivan (I guess it could be a Dodge or even a Plymouth) for work and he loves it as it has room and is pretty anonymous for going where he needs to go. Now he wants to buy one (but new) for his own.

I felt kind of stupid today - the logger was 70 years old and he was getting around better than I was with my cane.
I knew Clyde Rice when he was around 83.. he had the physique of a 16 yr old gymnast and could probably walk 40 miles a day with a pack on his back and I'm sure he was getting it on with his lovely wife on a regular basis.

He started writing his books at 81.

6722799.jpg

I knew Clyde Rice when he was around 83.. he had the physique of a 16 yr old gymnast and could probably walk 40 miles a day with a pack on his back and I'm sure he was getting it on with his lovely wife on a regular basis.

He started writing his books at 81.

View attachment 431917

Yup - just makes me all the more frustrated.

Friday I went down to the bottom of my property. Along the way I was counting up all the cedars (more than 30) and looking at the trees I did not want cut. Took most of yesterday to recover from that little hike (a little over 1300' down and back) - sure it was across a gully and going over logs and stuff, but still there was a day when that would not even make me breathe hard much less take a day to recover from it. :(

If I have to ever hike cross country for any distance, hunters or hikers will find my skeleton laying out in the woods years later.

My son is 6'4" and he has been using a older dinged up Chrysler Minivan (I guess it could be a Dodge or even a Plymouth) for work and he loves it as it has room and is pretty anonymous for going where he needs to go. Now he wants to buy one (but new) for his own.

My trucks are okay for getting in and out of, although sometimes I just cannot bend my frame enough to get in and out of the Toyota.

All of my rigs are roomy enough once I am in, it is just the doors are sometimes too small for my 6'6" frame that sometimes does not want to bend at the places where it is supposed to bend.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top