Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I hate FedEx

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grunwald, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

I have a order of primers and powders coming and it was shipped FedEx. According to my tracking number, it was to be delivered today, signature required. No problem, I stayed home from work, patiently waiting for the package. 5pm rolls around and there is no sign of the FedEx guy nor my package. I checked the tacking web site and see that it say "Delivery exception".
    Delivery What??? I was here all day. I call the 800 number and the guy checks and tells me that they put it on the wrong truck and will be delivered tomorrow. I've already burned one day waiting for the delivery, and cannot be here again tomorrow. They will not deliver to an alternate location (say one of their Kinkos).
    I really hate this company.

What makes it worse is that while I was on hold waiting for the customer service rep, they played this stupid massage about their crappy services in a loop. No kidding. No music, not silence, just the same paragraph or 2 over and over and over and over again.
    Can you tell I'm pi$$ed??????

2. tlfreek

tlfreek Vancouver WA Active Member

why wouldn't you just drive down and pick it up at their service center instead of taking a day off work (assuming you didnt order 8000 tons of the stuff)?

nothing sucks more than waiting for a package that doesnt show - especially the one you need to have.

sorry.

3. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

Glad it's not just me today.....had a package coming UPS, due tomorrow. This morning it got changed to "early delivery for today", WOOT!, I think....get home, no package...check tracking #..." package transferred to local post office "....Ummm...the PO is less than a block from my house, really?:pound:

4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Since UPS went bad back in 2003-4 their service has become very erratic.. i've had lost packages, drivers showing up and not even ringing the doorbell and leaving notes while I was 25 feet inside the front door working, etc..

I knew it was over when they stopped taking cash for CODs

5. Blitzkrieg

UPS does not deliver the PO boxes! WTH?

6. Grunwald

Even though I live in Seattle, I hate driving in this traffic, and to get to their center means driving though downtown during rush hour.
    I'm actually glad that I did not drive down there, as the package is in Auburn - at least according to their tracking info.

I think that FedEx knows that they suck. I could not find a place to send them "feedback" anywhere on the web site. Looks like they have designed that thing to avoid hearing back from their customers.

To be fair, I don't have much tolerance for mistakes by FedEx. Some years ago I bought an outboard off of eBay and it got damaged in shipping. Took them a week to pick it up, then they just opened box and said there was nothing wrong with it and shipped it back to the seller.
    I told them you actually have to remove it from the box to see where the mount was broken. I spent close to 6 months dealing with them trying to get the damaged claim paid and could not get anywhere until I involved the Better Business Bureau. Then they resolved it really quick.

7. Unka-Boo

I'm at a loss...

per my tracking info:

8. Grunwald

Per Wikipedia (for what they are worth) UPS and USPS now have some sort of a partnership going and maybe it extends to delivery to PO boxes????

9. Unka-Boo

I shortened post office to PO....I have a "real street address"....that's funny about a partnership, if it was able to be shipped Priority USPS I prolly would have had it last week...:bluelaugh:

10. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

your shipper sent it via smartpost which is cheaper for them... basically FEDEX drops it to the nearest post office sort facility and the post office does the home delivery part...

11. Unka-Boo

Gotcha, thanks!

12. Blitzkrieg

UPS states on their website that they do not deliver to PO Boxes.. is your driver smoking crack, or just too much Wild Turkey in the flask?

13. Blitzkrieg

Thanks, never heard of it. It never made sense to me, kind of like a sibling rivalry

14. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Its called "UPS basic service", where the final delivery is sometimes delivered by UPS, or handed off to the post office for delivery.

15. Grunwald

I actually wish that powder and primers could be shipped via USPS. The local post office is a lot closer than UPS or FedEx main center.

16. TCOV

TCOV OLYMPIC PENINSULA Active Member

I'm waiting for an order from Wilson Combat. Two very small parts that could have gone USPS in an envelope or small flat rate box for less than $6 and 3 day delivery. Wilson will only ship UPS so it was $12 and a week to deliver. My UPS deliverys lately have gone to the post office after they arrive in Port Angeles. This adds a day to the delivery time as my mailman has already left for the day's delivery. Very irritating.

17. Grunwald

TCOV, send an email to them and complain about it. I've done that before with couple of vendors that had only UPS and next time I was placing an order there was additional choices for FedEx and USPS.

Let's face it, you have to love those fix rate USPS boxes.

18. Blitzkrieg

They were created for US US Military APO personnel, by popular demand,

19. Zombie Defense

Zombie Defense Ridgefield Member

I work from home and get daily packages from FedEx and UPS. If I know that I am not going to be home and a package is going to arrive I leave a note on my front door stating to the driver that it is OK to leave the package on my front porch. I write my name and sign it. The drivers with take my notes when they leave the package. This works for most all of my packages even international shipments. The only company I have found that have an issue with my note is DHL. Good luck on your package.

20. Grunwald

I have almost a $1,000 worth of goodies coming, so I do not feel comfortable having it left on my front porch. A year ago I would have actually not given a second though, but I live on a major busy street and a couple of months ago someone stole a package that was left at my front door after I signed their pink slip. Luckily for me it was worth only $100, and as angry as I was over that, it was not really a whole lot of money. This package is. I really wish I didn't live in the city.
    Thanks for the good thoughts thought.