JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That sucks. I do the same thing as you do and accept the risk of one being stolen. Have not had any stolen in OR yet, but I know WHEN it does happen, it will be one of the longest drives home with a possible world record of swear words and personal insults aimed at the unknown thief. Would be pretty funny though if somehow the onstar button was pressed in and some dude had to sit through 3 hours of f-bombs and mother ucking of some d-bag

My Dad's had one or two stolen off of our private property. Granted, it's not hard to access the whole place, but it still stinks. Last year I wasn't able to take our enclosed tree stand frames down before we left for elk hunting in eastern OR. When I did get to it, one of them had been taken. Really pissed the wife off. She bought it!
Today she bought me a trail cam for my birthday. I'm very hesitant to put it anywhere until I buy a "box" for it. I don't know what the box is called, but a friend of ours keeps all of his cams in them. They are a steel, lockable box that your lag bolt to the tree and lock the camera inside. I'll be buying one very soon.

I was lucky these guys didn't see my cam strapped to a rock. They were already trespassing. I'm still trying to figure out who goes bowhunting on the last day of the season at 8 am with a dog and two buddies.:huh:

Bowhunter1sm.jpg
Bowhunter2sm.jpg
Bowhunter3sm.jpg

Just curious...how do you guys setup your trail cams? Are they chained to a tree? Inside a protective, locked metal box? Strapped to a tree? All of the above?

I own just one (Bushnell) and have left it in the woods the last two years for more than a couple of weeks at a time. So far, so good. I know there are other hunters around because I've taken their pictures. I guess these are some of the honest one out there. BTW, I purchased a custom safety box (metal) that locks it in pretty securely.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top