JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A friend had said they were offered a smoothbore .22LR, but turned it down believing that it was illegal; Now tonight I did some searching and see that Remington offers the 572 BDL Smoothbore, so I am more confused. I am just wondering, I like my bolt guns RIFLED, but curiosity is a habit I have :) Anyone encountered this situation before?

I have never heard of a .22 rimfire smoothbore firearm being illegal to own or shoot.

Many .22 Smoothbore "Rifles" are , marketed as pest / garden guns to be used with .22 shot shells...they theory being that the .22 shot will be less dangerous in a urban setting / damaging of barn walls , etc...
They used to be far more common in the 1930's - 1980's.
Andy
Edit to add :
Note to all internet "Lawyers" and other nitpickers...
No matter what firearm you have and shoot , be it a NERF gun , or a "real gun" always be aware of having a safe "backstop" for the projectile , when shooting a firearm.

Last Edited:
I think the issue relates to barrel length. If the barrel is pistol length, then it is a short barreled shotgun and you need a tax stamp. If it is 16" or longer, it's just another shotgun but with a tiny bore.

I'm not 100% positive on this so don't take it as gospel.

I think the issue relates to barrel length. If the barrel is pistol length, then it is a short barreled shotgun and you need a tax stamp. If it is 16" or longer, it's just another shotgun but with a tiny bore.

I'm not 100% positive on this so don't take it as gospel.

18" on a shotgun

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top