JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A friend had said they were offered a smoothbore .22LR, but turned it down believing that it was illegal; Now tonight I did some searching and see that Remington offers the 572 BDL Smoothbore, so I am more confused. I am just wondering, I like my bolt guns RIFLED, but curiosity is a habit I have :) Anyone encountered this situation before?

I have never heard of a .22 rimfire smoothbore firearm being illegal to own or shoot.

Many .22 Smoothbore "Rifles" are , marketed as pest / garden guns to be used with .22 shot shells...they theory being that the .22 shot will be less dangerous in a urban setting / damaging of barn walls , etc...
They used to be far more common in the 1930's - 1980's.
Andy
Edit to add :
Note to all internet "Lawyers" and other nitpickers...
No matter what firearm you have and shoot , be it a NERF gun , or a "real gun" always be aware of having a safe "backstop" for the projectile , when shooting a firearm.

Last Edited:
I think the issue relates to barrel length. If the barrel is pistol length, then it is a short barreled shotgun and you need a tax stamp. If it is 16" or longer, it's just another shotgun but with a tiny bore.

I'm not 100% positive on this so don't take it as gospel.

I think the issue relates to barrel length. If the barrel is pistol length, then it is a short barreled shotgun and you need a tax stamp. If it is 16" or longer, it's just another shotgun but with a tiny bore.

I'm not 100% positive on this so don't take it as gospel.

18" on a shotgun

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top