JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the military and police guys on here I am sure you have seen worse, maybe you have a way to deal with all this. I know I sure don't.
Last Saturday my best friend got rear ended, no big deal really, just kinda felt like that sucks for her, I have been there before and know its no fun.
Then wednesday night rolls around, nothing out of the ordinary, i go to sleep and my G/F spends the night, I wake up to my roomate yelling for me to get up he needs help, I look outside see red light in the fog, thinking its something attacking or a fire I run to grab my .45 he opens my door and says its Cody. I put some clothes on and run into my roomate Cody's room and he isn't breathing and has no pulse. The time is 1:12 we are on the phone with 911 and as they are arriving I call Cody's dad and tell him that his son isn't breathing, the paramedics arrive, i go outside and wait for his dad. When i walk back in with the cop that just showed up the paramedics are moving slow... too slow and I get the news. Cody was dead when we found him, there was no way to recisitate him. He was 23 years old and a great fun loving guy.
It gets worse, his parents arrive and we tell his parents that their only son is dead, his dad gets hysterical his mom breaks down. More cops and paramedics arrive. At this point we have 3 police cars, 1 firetruck 2 ambulances a chaplin and a county medical examiners truck at our house. People wise we have 5 EMT's 5 firefighters, 3 cops, 1 chaplin, one medical examiner myself, my gf, my other roomate, his g/f and 2 greiving parents. We were there til 4:00 AM when they finally took his body out and I left to go to my parents so i could get some sleep. It was a horrible night.
I had business in seattle the next day and i figured it would be good to get my mind off it, I am depressed and saddened but trying to get past it. Thursday night at 11:00PM, not even 24 hours after we found Cody dead I get a call from my best friend saying her dad is in the hospital with congestive heart failure and he has to go on these horrible blood thiners. I won't even go into that.
I wake up this morning get out of the shower and my g/f is sad, she today finds out that her grandpa broke his neck and when doing tests on him they find spots on his lungs which could be cancer.

Is life ever going to get any better? I just can't imagine more going wrong at this point in life. i don't know what else to do.

I'm sorry to hear all that man. But when you are at the bottom, you have no where else to go but up.

I wish I could fee like that. I thought I had nowhere to go but up this morning and then I found out about my G/Fs grandpa. I am just hoping that the rule of three bad things is true, because if so roomated dying is one, friends dad in hospital two and G/F's grandpa is three right?

With the military and police guys on here I am sure you have seen worse, maybe you have a way to deal with all this. I know I sure don't.
Last Saturday my best friend got rear ended, no big deal really, just kinda felt like that sucks for her, I have been there before and know its no fun.
Then wednesday night rolls around, nothing out of the ordinary, i go to sleep and my G/F spends the night, I wake up to my roomate yelling for me to get up he needs help, I look outside see red light in the fog, thinking its something attacking or a fire I run to grab my .45 he opens my door and says its Cody. I put some clothes on and run into my roomate Cody's room and he isn't breathing and has no pulse. The time is 1:12 we are on the phone with 911 and as they are arriving I call Cody's dad and tell him that his son isn't breathing, the paramedics arrive, i go outside and wait for his dad. When i walk back in with the cop that just showed up the paramedics are moving slow... too slow and I get the news. Cody was dead when we found him, there was no way to recisitate him. He was 23 years old and a great fun loving guy.
It gets worse, his parents arrive and we tell his parents that their only son is dead, his dad gets hysterical his mom breaks down. More cops and paramedics arrive. At this point we have 3 police cars, 1 firetruck 2 ambulances a chaplin and a county medical examiners truck at our house. People wise we have 5 EMT's 5 firefighters, 3 cops, 1 chaplin, one medical examiner myself, my gf, my other roomate, his g/f and 2 greiving parents. We were there til 4:00 AM when they finally took his body out and I left to go to my parents so i could get some sleep. It was a horrible night.
I had business in seattle the next day and i figured it would be good to get my mind off it, I am depressed and saddened but trying to get past it. Thursday night at 11:00PM, not even 24 hours after we found Cody dead I get a call from my best friend saying her dad is in the hospital with congestive heart failure and he has to go on these horrible blood thiners. I won't even go into that.
I wake up this morning get out of the shower and my g/f is sad, she today finds out that her grandpa broke his neck and when doing tests on him they find spots on his lungs which could be cancer.

Is life ever going to get any better? I just can't imagine more going wrong at this point in life. i don't know what else to do.

The only suggestions I can make for you my friend, are to put down the .45 for a bit, and find some good friends to go out for some relaxing, yet personal activities to get talking with your friends and bond with them through positive conversation with a remorseful sidenote.

My best wishes to you my fellow board member, the members of YOUR community here on the board stand firmly behind your well being. I know I will, and from what I've seen from the rest of us, we all are completely willing to be here for you in bad times.

Are you in the Portland area? Feel free to PM me if you need to go grab a burger with me or something. I'm always willing to meet someone new for some quality conversation.

Yep, that sure sounds like the worst week anyone could expect. Sorry that it's happening to you. My prayers go out to you and all involved.

But, get up, brush off your knees and keep on a pluggin'.

Id be willing to tag along if you and CharlesA are going to get together. I too am in Portland.
Sorry to hear all of the events of the week.
My prayers and thoughts are with you.

As I always say, we get pushed down so others will know who's strong enough to endure. Although pain like losing someone never goes away. It will fade. And the stress and hurt with loved ones that are sick or in bad times will drag you down. Keep your head up and your mind positive. Your strength and positive attitude is what your g/f needs, and in turn will help you through rough times.
Hard times don't last, tough people do.

I'm sorry for your loss and the rest of what happened. Like the others my prayers are with you, your friends and family.

Well I hope that as of yesterday things will be getting better. I booked Valentines day for my G/F and myself on the Portland Spirit with a bottle of Champagne and chocolate cake for desert. Although after I booked I realized I made reservations for Friday The 13th LOL! Granted I did mean to make them for the day before because my roommates funeral is on the 15th so we decided to do Valentines day on the 13th. So I hope that is the first of good things to come.

He possibly died of a drug overdose. I am not sure yet, He was in rehab a while ago and my other roommate and I have been helping him get through everything. We were a drug free household and it was helping. We had no knowledge of him ever doing any drugs since he moved in a few months ago so it could be that his heart just gave up from the bad he caused it in his trouble days. We didn't find any drugs in his room so either he took them all or it was the previous damage that he did.

Yes it gets better, and it gets worse.

Live long enough, and all kinds of stuff will happen to you and to those you know. Part of the trick in this whole "Life" thing is how you handle the two imposters, Triumph and Disaster. You will meet both.

It's part of the graduate degree program they are running here on Earth. If you can keep your sense of humor through it, you'll do fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top