JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 445773
sums up Glock ownership... it's our faithful companion, even though it's just an average plastic tool.
Well said. I have gotten rid of mine and thought that I would never buy them again. I "WAS" a huge anti-Glock person originally!

Bought my first Glock and went with the Glock 22 Gen 3. Then bought the 23 Gen 4. And sold/ traded them and have regretted getting rid of Most of them. Now the reason why I say regretted getting rid of most vs all is quite simple. I prefer the compact to subcompact size. So, the 19,23,26,27,29,30S,32,33,36&38. Why I didn't include 25,42,&43? Don't do single stack Glocks or 380acp. And because of the reasons why I and others have said why they have them is why I am getting a 19 & 26. I just don't want the Gen 5 or the 19x.

I just don't want the Gen 5 or the 19x.
You said you were a huge anti Glock person originally... what makes you think you won't warm up to the gen 5s too?;) I can understand if the smaller frame is your preference not wanting a 19x, it's obviously not meant for you, but the gen 5 grew on me after shooting one, and I ended up selling my gen3 G17 that I swore I'd never replace in favor of a 19x because I liked the fit, feel, balance, and the way it shoots way better after shooting them side by side. For a carry gun I prefer something very small in a pocket, or full size in a shoulder rig... I'm a big fella so IWB is not for me. The 19x is perfect because shoulder rigs can accommodate almost any size so why not go big..and I carry an LCP2 when traveling light. I don't like sub compact double stack at all... had a PX4 storm SC and hated it... don't like g26 either. It's the thickness that you feel, not the length(OOC?) If it's uncomfortable It gets left at home...so they make no sense to me.
To each his own, but never say never...gen 5 might grow on you.

You said you were a huge anti Glock person originally... what makes you think you won't warm up to the gen 5s too?;) To each his own, but never say never...gen 5 might grow on you.
I tried shooting it and didn't have an issue with that. I actually enjoyed shooting it but I enjoy shooting most firearms.

My dislike with it is the dual slide stop and the flared magwell. The slide stop caused me to have multiple failure to feed. And I know this because if I changed my hand position into a less than comfortable one it had zero issues. So in an shtf situation I can pick up one from someone else that carries one and use it if I had to.The magwell irritates my iwb carry area. Now I could go owb or shoulder carry but why? The Gen 2,3&4 all work and don't cause me that problem.

As far as the pocket carry firearms and single stack subs. I can shoot them but they are not comfortable. For me, I have tried quite a few and have decided to just go with either 26 and my p250. The 250 is a little too heavy compared with the 26 but it's not a deal breaker for me to carry. I am interested in trying out the 365 because of the weight, capacity, thickness and overall size. But, that's a subject for a different thread.;)

My thought is why buy something that I have to adjust a bunch of stuff to be able to carry it when they have ones that don't require me to change anything?:)

My gun was made in 2013.

Hit the factory night sights with a flashlight for 10 seconds.

I could see the sights glowing all night.

They're tritium bro, no need to hit them with a light. They aren't made with "glow in the dark" stuff.

I tried shooting it and didn't have an issue with that. I actually enjoyed shooting it but I enjoy shooting most firearms.

My dislike with it is the dual slide stop and the flared magwell. The slide stop caused me to have multiple failure to feed. And I know this because if I changed my hand position into a less than comfortable one it had zero issues. So in an shtf situation I can pick up one from someone else that carries one and use it if I had to.The magwell irritates my iwb carry area. Now I could go owb or shoulder carry but why? The Gen 2,3&4 all work and don't cause me that problem.

As far as the pocket carry firearms and single stack subs. I can shoot them but they are not comfortable. For me, I have tried quite a few and have decided to just go with either 26 and my p250. The 250 is a little too heavy compared with the 26 but it's not a deal breaker for me to carry. I am interested in trying out the 365 because of the weight, capacity, thickness and overall size. But, that's a subject for a different thread.;)

My thought is why buy something that I have to adjust a bunch of stuff to be able to carry it when they have ones that don't require me to change anything?:)
Glock makes many different models, and continues to put out gen 3s for good reason... it's definitly not 1 size fits all!
I don't like the ambi slide release either, I had to give up one of my holsters because of it... 19x doesn't have the mag well, and Im considering having the front lip oposite the lanyard loop cut off.
3FDEDFA4-2817-45AE-9DBE-E506EBAB29DD.jpeg

What sold me on gen 5 was the grip... my fat fingers and the grooves of gen3 and 4s don't mesh well. I was about to undercut my Gen3's trigger guard, and stipple the grip before handled a gen5.. and then a 19x.

The 365 is an intriguing piece... It's definitely got my inrest piqued!

My wife and I just returned from a course in Nevada, well actually yesterday, anyway she loves her Gen 4 17. I have modded it ever so slightly. 25 cent trigger polish, Lone Wolf Stainless Steel barrel and Talon grip tape. She did great. We quit early as I was not feeling well, but her and her Glock were hopping till then.

The other day, I introduced my wife to a new to her Glock 26 gen 3. My gen 3 glock 21sf was my first gun ever and the one I always keep with me and my wife likes to match me with everything so I got her a glock. She actually loves it and wants me to take her shooting. Happy wife = happy life.:cool:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top