JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been shooting family and friends' Glocks for about 20 yrs, but never really liked them. When I was younger I wanted a safety, then I hated the takedown lever, then I hated the trigger shoe.

Well, about 3 months ago I got a G21 Gen2 on a trade. I shot it a few times and liked it, but then I added a few aftermarket parts like an Apex shoe, 3.5lb connector, extended takedown lever, slide release and Taran +4 base pads and now it's my favorite pistol to shoot at the range. It's comfortable, I shoot it well and with 17 rounds in each mag I never even have to reload the mags while on a range trip. I have a different HD gun and a different carry gun, but I can now say that this is one of my favorite range toys. Now I'll be on the lookout for other Glocks.

My wife has a 17 and 42, I have a 20, 29, 33, and different 42. I have just bought three Springfield's though a3" and 4" XD40 Mod 2 and a 4" XD357. My G33 is mostly based on a 40 caliber Glock and while I love it, G-22's I have shot seem snappier than Springfield's 40's. That and Palmetto had them all on clearance at $330 each...mostly the price.

Has anyone tried putting the Taran base pads on the Glock 30 10rd mags using the OEM springs from the Glock 21 13rd mags?

I upgraded all my G21 mags with the +4 base pads that came with new springs. I read somewhere the +4 base pads won't work on the G30 mags, but I imagine it's due to the short spring since the dims of the mag base are the same between the G30 and G21. I have all the OEM G21 mag springs so I'm just wondering if anyone has tried that.

I just picked up a gen3 G21 and like it. It's a bit big for my hand. The 22/31 that I have fits better but they don't shoot .45. The 21 also 'seems' bigger than my 30S that I carry for some reason but I don't think it is. Just a mental thing I guess.

Bought my first glock last week and will be shooting it this weekend.

I really like the grip and night sights.

Probably everything I would do has been done already minus possibly a lighter trigger (it's 5.5lbs now).

Gen 3 G17

I probably won't geek out on glocks as there are a ton of other guns I want and my budget doesn't really support lots of purchases.

Who knows though.

Bought my first glock last week and will be shooting it this weekend.

I really like the grip and night sights.

Probably everything I would do has been done already minus possibly a lighter trigger (it's 5.5lbs now).

Gen 3 G17

I probably won't geek out on glocks as there are a ton of other guns I want and my budget doesn't really support lots of purchases.

Who knows though.
the trigger aint no thing man, its easy to get familiar with!! :D

I've got a glock 20-C for woods carry and a glock 31 for intown now I just put to gather a 17 for fun and night stand duty.
5m3L5Bt.jpg

I also recently stopped sipping the Kool-Aid, and chugged the whole pitcher. Gave up my S&W M&P9C (grip just too short for me, plus that trigger :confused:), and bought a Gen 4 G19. I installed a a Ghost 3.5# trigger bar and springs and polished everything up. Switched my duty gun from G21 to G17. The G21 always felt like a big ol brick in my hand. Qualifications yesterday showed some improvement and more comfortable with the G17. I shot better with the G19 than the S&W. I'm in the process of moving on to red dots for my getting older eyes!

I have had gen 2,3,4 Glock 19's & 23's. I have had Glock 30s, Gen 3 & 4 Glock 17 & 22. Have shot 42,43,29,21,20 & just shot a friends Glock 40 today. I can say this, they work! Is it the best looking pistol? Nope. Is it the best trigger? Nope. Has the best ergonomics? Nope.

So, you may ask yourself, why get one? Simple... they work, hold above average capacity, lightweight, easy to conceal, and have massive amounts of aftermarket parts! I have sold all of mine and I have recently decided to buy some of my personal favorites again. I am going to get a 19 and 26. Have even been thinking about getting Glock 40.

IMG_2534.JPG Mines a great shooter.

The lower was coted gun metal blue/grey by the original owner and never shot but the color difference adds a lot of visual appeal.

Few hundred rounds thru it today and not a single issue.

Ergonomics are great for my hands. It's a keeper for me.

5B22FAA0-10A5-46D8-B3C6-E76EAF6C9096.jpeg
Hanging in the Mygrain silo...
My favorite Glock advert... an ode to FMJ and sums up Glock ownership... it's our faithful companion, even though it's just an average plastic tool.

... I gotta admit, sometimes late at night when I'm in there working on a gun or reloading... It feels like Gunny is staring into my soul through the poster and it freaks me out a little:confused:
Look at his eyeso_O

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews