Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I got...

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by fendermallot, Sep 20, 2011.

1. fendermallot

fendermallot Aloha, OR Member

$20 saved towards my first handgun! God, this is going to take forever... damn bills! :laugh:

Why is selling homebrew illegal? I bet I could make some decent money selling stuff a few times a month to friends/family!

2. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

Don't sell it. Let them give you expenses or donations.

3. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I feel your pain. 'Extra' money is hard to come by these days. Garage sale time?

4. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

for friends and family you could sell them the beer bottles for a reasonable fee and it would be up to them to figure out what to do with the contents :bluelaugh:

5. Woody

Woody western Wa. Member

have a beer tasting day and charge a door fee

6. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Or have them bring you a receipt from them donating to your lay away gun.

7. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Just charge them a bottle fee. ;)

What kind of handgun you have in your mind? :p

8. cotillion

cotillion medford Active Member

I've been battling this same issue! The piece I want is 415$ but I keep getting smacked with bills. Maybe I should just give up the dream of the Sr9c and get a pf-9 until I'm not so broke :(

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I personally would make having at least one handgun a priority.Then worry about the bills.

Remember,if you at least pay some of your bills,these days, you are a hero to your financial institution

10. cotillion

cotillion medford Active Member

This was my thoughts exactly! I felt kinda nutty thinking like that though haha! It's decided though I'm getting something Friday, if I can't afford the Sr9c right now maybe I can stick with the db9 until I can. Guns carry resale anyway

11. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. You'll see me picking up cans and bottles to get the extra cash for a gun. Been doing it for years now. A nickle at a time takes a long time to buy a gun. Good luck.
    Mike

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  12. fendermallot

wouldn't be such a big deal, but we're close to getting a new speech communication device for my 4 y/o with a severe speech problem. It's about 17,000 and will cost us after insurance like 3k. I'll get one eventually, just might be longer than I wanted. Family first you know. I'll just need to carry a big knife at least for awhile =P

13. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

My girlfriend just made $1,100.00 in the last 2 months selling chit on Ebay! There is Gunbroker.com also.

14. Douglas

Douglas Oregon Active Member

File your application with the TTB and OLCC, pay your tax on it and sell away. It's not as difficult as you may believe. There are a lot of small producers that are coming around right now because brewing is rather profitable. Let me know if you need any help with it.

15. fendermallot

I do it in my garage. I'd have to be health inspected to start a nano brewery. (cidery, I suppose). Since my garage is attached to the house they can just walk in and inspect the kitchen too and that won't pass any health inspection! This is what I've been told anyway.

16. fendermallot

Found on another site: