JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shot the SP 01 yesterday for the first time. I put tru dot sights, a comp spring kit and firing pin. I did some work on the trigger hooks and took the creep out. The gun is very accurate albeit a bit snappy. I shot 14 rounds into 3" at 17 yards .

Most folks will tell you to not touch the hooks on a CZ hammer for safety reasons. Folks in the know warn people to not treat a CZ like a 1911.

The easiest path to an awesome trigger on a CZ is by lighter springs, replacing the hammer with a CZ Custom or CGW comp hammer (these are really nice parts with appropriate hooks and hardening), an adjustable CGW sear (not imperative but a worthy upgrade and it makes fitting a safety child's play), a short reset disconnector from CZC or CGW (a well fit one will dramatically shorten trigger reset even with a fire pin block in place. The Shadows don't have FPBs and I have taken them out of my 97 and my compact) , and some polishing of the trigger bar and a couple other parts. You can find tutorials on the CZ site or Brian Enos. I've done a bunch of different CZs and have been able to obtain an exceptional trigger.

Thanks for the information. This trigger is safe and I don't want it too light for carry. These hooks felt like they were cut with coarse file. The pull was not only long, it was rough. I don't know if it had been buggered with before I got it or not.

The grips are aluminum and after shooting the gun, I think the grip size is fine for me. The weight of this gun makes it real easy and fun to shoot.

Nice report and sweet gun. I have wanted one. I am glad to hear recoil is nice and it fits. I have big hands so hopefully it will fit me well also.

Got my CZ 75 B today what a sweet pistol

CZ.jpg

man I caught the cz bug earlier this month and bought a p-07. i love it. only complaint is it has a tight chamber and wont chamber my 9mm lead round nose reloads unless i take down my COL .050" i have 3000 9mm bullets i cant shoot thru this gun but can all my other 9mm. guess i'll have to load some plated bullets :)

I shot my fully tuned SP 01 and my BE yesterday. My girlfriend shot her CZC custom stainless. they were all fantastic but I particularly loved my CGW 97 BE, which I hadn't shot for a while. It is incredibly accurate and mild recoiling. I'm going to consider shooting it in CDP during the next IDPA match I shoot.

All these CZ threads and clone threads, and some YouTube vids have me getting a CZ itch again. I think my next gun purchase is going to be a P-07 - it's about the same size as the 75 Compact - but I like the ambi decocker and if I decide to carry it the lighter frame would be nice. I really really miss the 75 Compact I used to own - I gave it to a family member as a christmas present years ago, and said family member and I had a falling out before they died. The gun went to the pot head boyfriend of one of my cousins, from what I was told. I hope that info is wrong - I don't really want a visit from the ATF asking "so where's the CZ 75 you bought back in 2004, because we've linked it to a (insert crime here)"...

I wouldn't be opposed to a P-01 either, but I like the decocker on the P-07 more.

All these CZ threads and clone threads, and some YouTube vids have me getting a CZ itch again. I think my next gun purchase is going to be a P-07 - it's about the same size as the 75 Compact - but I like the ambi decocker and if I decide to carry it the lighter frame would be nice. I really really miss the 75 Compact I used to own - I gave it to a family member as a christmas present years ago, and said family member and I had a falling out before they died. The gun went to the pot head boyfriend of one of my cousins, from what I was told. I hope that info is wrong - I don't really want a visit from the ATF asking "so where's the CZ 75 you bought back in 2004, because we've linked it to a (insert crime here)"...

I wouldn't be opposed to a P-01 either, but I like the decocker on the P-07 more.
i have a p-07. infact they come with a decoker and and optional safety if u choose to swap it out with the decocker. i carried my p-07 all day today for the first time. feels the same as my glock 23 that i normally carry.

the 97 and the eaa witness are about the same size, never had a problem with the size of the gun. But I have large mitts.

That's why I bought one(witness) I wear XXL or xxxl gloves depending on brand. Between the size and ergonomic shape. It's the most comfortable pistol I've shot. Not to mention the low bore height, interchangeable calibers, etc.

I see the CZ itus is just as bad in handguns as it is in CZ bolt action or semi! Already have the CZ itus due to their bolt action products ! ;)
Trying to decide between the CZ P07 and the CZ P01 or some other CZ....looking for 9mm, compact, decocker feature,14-16 rd mags...I'm trying to get away from Polymer...is that a bad thing?

Or is the polymer version ok? thinking steel or alloy frame....except that the steel and alloy frames are a fair amount more $. Looking for input or where I can put my hands on one to test the mythilogical ergonomics I keep hearing and reading about! Nobody carrys this line in PDX metro area...that I know of....help!

I'm trying to upgrade from a Taurus 809c. Yawn, yes I know. But it was my entry back into handguns. What can I expect? difference wise? Should I try the Beretta PX4 (9mm) storm compact? or is that a waste of time?

Last Edited:
You gotta go p01.....have done research on them ? ....hard to find a bad word, impossible even.....

this is a very truthful article on the P01 http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/06/gl-kohler/gun-review-cz-75-p-01/
, however it applies equally well to every CZ 75 and variant I have handled and I loved every one....machine marks and all, they shoot so good you over look a lot. Put some love into them and they quickly surpass most pistols that cost double

Or is the polymer version ok? tinking steel or alloy frame....except that the steel and alloy frames are a fair amount more $. Looking for input or where I can put my hands on one to test the mythilogical ergos I keep hearing and reading about! Nobdy carrys this line in PDX metro area...that I know of....help!

I'm trying to upgrade from a Taurus 809c. Yawn, yes I know. But it was my entry back into handguns. What can I expect? difference wise? Should I try the Beretta PX4 (9mm) storm compact? or is that a waste of time?

Kieth's will most likely carry a model or three, at good prices too.

Why do you want a decocker? In CZs, I'm way more partial to the safetied versions, but being left handed may have something to do with that. The safetied versions are very safe carried hammer down but they also carry fine in condition 1. In addition, manually decocking them is child's play, expecially if you have any time on lever action rifles.

With that said, I do have a tuned P 07, which carries and shoots fine, but I don't like the decocker action on it much.

Whether you go steel, aluminum or polymer frame depends it seems to me on what you intend to do with it. Heavier shoots better and lighter carries better.

CZs rock.

Those who've purchased and used CZ autoloaders tend to be very loyal to them, for the best of reasons. I gave my first to my son when he completed a 5-year enlistment in the U.S. Navy, but I bought another CZ75 to replace it, and it continues to serve me reliably, as did its predecessor. A friend bought a SIG P226, a fine piece of equipment, and it cost him just over $1,000. He and I go to the range together, just to keep in practice, and he asked what my CZ75 cost. I told him, "$514, and he shook his head in dismay. He has a fine autoloader and pride-of-ownership. Both our 9mm sidearms work reliably. Choose your priorities, but I'm pleased with my CZ75.

The bug in me got too strong - I picked up a P 01 on Thursday. After waffling between the P07 & 01 - I went with the grip and gun I knew best - the P 01 being an updated Compact and not an entirely different gun.

I am not going to touch the interals as its goibg to be a carry gun - but one of these days I might change out the sights. Maybe not though. The old Compact I had was an early gun - it had a ramped blade front sight and black rear - no dots. In fact I think the front sight was integral to the slide? I don't think it was even a "B" version with the firing pin block.

I may remove or bend the mag brake - even a loaded mag has issues dropping free depending on the guns angle.

Love the factory grips too - the rubber is perfectly grippy, better than the plastic grips on my lasy cz- and more comfy than the flat checkered wood on my first compact.

Now I want a full size 75 again to keep the 01 company. Maybe an sp 01 tactical since its a decocker also. I am not as fond of the manual safety as others on here - I didnt carry my preveous czs cocked and locked - prefering to carry hammer down. Decocker makes it safer to lower the hammer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top