JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sooooo I was swing dancing at a bar. I had a good time with one girl in particular. We ended up exchanging numbers. Well yesterday she calls me up and says "Hey! Im going to a coffee tasting tonight. Would you like to go with me?". Im a pretty handsome fellow but girls I just met don't usually call me up and ask me to do something. I got excited and agreed to go. She gave me the details and I showed on up. There are about 40 to 50 people when I arrive. They called their location "The compound". I get a bad feeling the minute I step in the door. I am immediately greeted. Everyone is exceptionally friendly. I get the salesman vibe instantly. The person that greeted me asks "who invited you?". I give them the name of the girl and they of course know exactly who I am talking about.

Everyone sits down in chairs and some loser gives a presentation. They hand out different flavors of coffee throughout the presentation. Not impressed by the coffee.

Well for a $1000 I can join the team! Then I can get two people under me and they will each get two people under them! Soon Ill be making money while I sleep!!!!

After the presentation is over the lady that invited me comes up and says "So! Are you going to join X1 or X2?". I told her thank you for inviting me but I needed to go. I wanted out of there asap. She walks me to the elevator and I am just pushing the button repeatedly. Doors open and I smile and say bye. I hop on and another guy comes running up and hops on with me . . . I look at this guy and ask "Soooo you going to join?". He laughs and says "No F*#$in way!". We bust up laughing and I tell him how I just got suckered by a pretty face.

We get to the bottom and the doors to the outside are locked! I'm still laughing at this whole crazy scenario so while Im trying to figure out how to open these doors Im joking that they have locked us in and are going to force us to join "X2".

There was a button next to the door you have to push to unlock the doors. ?Fire hazard?

I get out of there, went swing dancing and had an awesome evening.

Galant

Had the same thing happen in Hawaii while I was in the Navy. Pretty girl, invite to a party, plush executive suite, 20 or so people, selling land in Florida. Could have had 20 Acres in Kissimmee for $250/month and no down payment.

Who knew Disney was going to build the worlds largest theme park just a few miles North!!

Sooooo I was swing dancing at a bar. I had a good time with one girl in particular. We ended up exchanging numbers. Well yesterday she calls me up and says "Hey! Im going to a coffee tasting tonight. Would you like to go with me?". Im a pretty handsome fellow but girls I just met don't usually call me up and ask me to do something. I got excited and agreed to go. She gave me the details and I showed on up. There are about 40 to 50 people when I arrive. They called their location "The compound". I get a bad feeling the minute I step in the door. I am immediately greeted. Everyone is exceptionally friendly. I get the salesman vibe instantly. The person that greeted me asks "who invited you?". I give them the name of the girl and they of course know exactly who I am talking about.

Everyone sits down in chairs and some loser gives a presentation. They hand out different flavors of coffee throughout the presentation. Not impressed by the coffee.

Well for a $1000 I can join the team! Then I can get two people under me and they will each get two people under them! Soon Ill be making money while I sleep!!!!

After the presentation is over the lady that invited me comes up and says "So! Are you going to join X1 or X2?". I told her thank you for inviting me but I needed to go. I wanted out of there asap. She walks me to the elevator and I am just pushing the button repeatedly. Doors open and I smile and say bye. I hop on and another guy comes running up and hops on with me . . . I look at this guy and ask "Soooo you going to join?". He laughs and says "No F*#$in way!". We bust up laughing and I tell him how I just got suckered by a pretty face.

We get to the bottom and the doors to the outside are locked! I'm still laughing at this whole crazy scenario so while Im trying to figure out how to open these doors Im joking that they have locked us in and are going to force us to join "X2".

There was a button next to the door you have to push to unlock the doors. ?Fire hazard?

I get out of there, went swing dancing and had an awesome evening.

Galant

You should've open carried...:s0112:

Don't feel bad. Years ago the very same thing happened to my now exwife. (Her taking a liking to "strangers" is why she's now my EX. But that is a different story for another time. (Burt, you are a wise man!! :s0114:)) Even though she convinced me to go, I told her even before we left for this "function" it was a scam. Turned out I was right.

I think they get paid for every mark they get to show up at one of these events. Even more if they sign up.

It's my firm conviction that any girl seeking me out has to be crazy or scamming.
But this guy was SWING DANCING for God's sake! That's a sure fire way to get legitimate women without an agenda to want to go out with you I thought. The wife every once in a while suggests we take a dance class. I'll do the once every couple of years shuffle around at a wedding after a few drinks but that's about it!

I don't see this as you being 'suckered' - maybe a little naive but you took a girl up on what sounded like a legitimate offer and it turned out to be a multi-level presentation and you did not buy in. Hey a LOT of guys out there have taken up 'offers' from good looking women and wound up with a sore head in a hotel room and their wallet and car gone..........

A friend was telling me about this hot chick he met on line - they had been talking on the phone for a few weeks and finally were supposed to meet up at a bar - he goes to meet up with her and it was a "match making company". They had rented the bar for a Tuesday night and he along with about 50 other guys showed up to meet the gal they had met on line. He said they wanted something like $175 / month to join and were "guaranteed" to meet a gal as nice as the one they had been talking to... He stood up and said that he'd rather spend $175 at a bar of his choosing per month and take his chances than pay someone for scamming him. Guess he tried to call the number he had for the gal the next day to "thank" her for hoodwinking him and it had already been disconnected.

Same thing happened to me years ago. She was Hawaiian and smoking hot. Body was a solid 10. Afterward we were sitting in my car at Lloyd Center and she was asking me what I thought about the multi-level marketing presentation since I was a business owner.

"We could work really closely on this together, it will be such fun" - in other words, most likely naked.

One of the sexiest women I've ever even been closed to - and I blew it.

I told her the truth and that it was a scam. Damn idiot. I could have had a lot of fun with her and then broke the news to her after the fact. But no, stupid is as stupid does. I had a heart and a conscience; that saying Nice Guys Finish Last in a tissue was spot on. Bleech!!!!!

I despise Multi-Level Marketing scams and zero-down Real Estate scams ... all that kind of stuff ... because they are the lowest of the low. They victimize people that are already down on their luck, can't find a job - parasite off of them just when they need a break in life. They give people false hope and then crap on them. Kind of like the forum tabu subject, lots of parallels between the two actually.

Same thing happened to me years ago. She was Hawaiian and smoking hot. Body was a solid 10. Afterward we were sitting in my car at Lloyd Center and she was asking me what I thought about the multi-level marketing presentation since I was a business owner.

"We could work really closely on this together, it will be such fun" - in other words, most likely naked.

One of the sexiest women I've ever even been closed to - and I blew it.

I told her the truth and that it was a scam. Damn idiot. I could have had a lot of fun with her and then broke the news to her after the fact. But no, stupid is as stupid does. I had a heart and a conscience; that saying Nice Guys Finish Last in a tissue was spot on. Bleech!!!!!

I despise Multi-Level Marketing scams and zero-down Real Estate scams ... all that kind of stuff ... because they are the lowest of the low. They victimize people that are already down on their luck, can't find a job - parasite off of them just when they need a break in life. They give people false hope and then crap on them. Kind of like the forum tabu subject, lots of parallels between the two actually.

There's a point we agree on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top