JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wednesday early evening our cousin (executor of Uncles Estate) showed up with his TC Black Diamond Inline .50cal

TCBD.jpg

Not a great Picture but best I could get in doors. It is not brand new but is in pristine condition. Now it begins my Muzzle Loading edumaction:D

Last Edited:
I'm sorry for your loss of a family member.

Probably the best lesson I've learned, and continue to learn, from mine is to slow down and aim precisely. Any time I backslide into rushing my shots, out comes one of the muzzle loaders to school me on patience.

Congrats on the new shooter. Unfortunate way to get it.

IF you didn't get all the various tools with the gun make sure you get them from uncles estate. There are bunch of little things that make life so much easier. Your uncle likely had most of them including the starter, cleaning attachments, power horn, powder measure, funnel, sabots or shot, powder, cleaning patches, cleaning solutions (Black powder solutions are VERY different from what you use for all other firearms!) Likely there is a tool box full of goodies. So make sure you get them otherwise plan to spend another $100 to get the stuff you will need.
There are likely some primer caps for however that inline was setup. Most are percussion or mucket or #11, if it's got a 209 breech that makes things even easier.
make sure you have the breech and nipple bar. Make sure you have the thread grease.
There are some good online source for whatever you are missing. Also, if you need some supplies to test out let me know. I bought up an estate worth of stuff and have more sabots, lead balls, primers and other stuff than I really need or will likely use. More than happy to share at a low cost (since I got a deal when I bought it as well). Shoot me a PM if interested.

Congrats on the new shooter. Unfortunate way to get it.

IF you didn't get all the various tools with the gun make sure you get them from uncles estate. There are bunch of little things that make life so much easier. Your uncle likely had most of them including the starter, cleaning attachments, power horn, powder measure, funnel, sabots or shot, powder, cleaning patches, cleaning solutions (Black powder solutions are VERY different from what you use for all other firearms!) Likely there is a tool box full of goodies. So make sure you get them otherwise plan to spend another $100 to get the stuff you will need.
There are likely some primer caps for however that inline was setup. Most are percussion or mucket or #11, if it's got a 209 breech that makes things even easier.
make sure you have the breech and nipple bar. Make sure you have the thread grease.
There are some good online source for whatever you are missing. Also, if you need some supplies to test out let me know. I bought up an estate worth of stuff and have more sabots, lead balls, primers and other stuff than I really need or will likely use. More than happy to share at a low cost (since I got a deal when I bought it as well). Shoot me a PM if interested.

Thanks for the offer., I have received the accessories that go with the rifle. Including the 209 primer adapter, the #11 Cap nipple, and the Musket cap nipple. Also included the nipple wrench and Breach Plug Wrench Powder Flasks and Measures, several hundred Percussion Caps/Musket Caps, Cleaning supplies Bullets/round balls, patches. Again Thank you

It's a super easy rifle to learn on, and the results will show instantly!
Few tricks to pass on! Start with a 80 gr powder charge, seat your projectile lightly, just a little pressure, and only prime when your ready to shoot!
I find the Musket caps seem to work better then the 209 primers, and are easier to seat on the breach plug adapter. Accuracy is actually quite impressive with conical bullets, but the twist is too fast for round ball! Polish your nipples inside face and breach plug, removing any tool marks, will not only make cleaning much easier, but you get a better ignition! Clean immediately after shooting and use bore butter or like to dress the barrel before storage. Good luck, and Congrats on your new rifle, it will serve you well! Sorry for your families loss!

It's a super easy rifle to learn on, and the results will show instantly!
Few tricks to pass on! Start with a 80 gr powder charge, seat your projectile lightly, just a little pressure, and only prime when your ready to shoot!
I find the Musket caps seem to work better then the 209 primers, and are easier to seat on the breach plug adapter. Accuracy is actually quite impressive with conical bullets, but the twist is too fast for round ball! Polish your nipples inside face and breach plug, removing any tool marks, will not only make cleaning much easier, but you get a better ignition! Clean immediately after shooting and use bore butter or like to dress the barrel before storage. Good luck, and Congrats on your new rifle, it will serve you well! Sorry for your families loss!

I have RCBS Molds for .50 cal 450gr Flat Nose Conicals and .490 175gr Round Ball. Been practicing molding. I also have 3 tubs of TC Bore Butter. Also got 2 pounds of Pyreodex RS FFG one pound of Triple 7 RS FFG. and 7 pounds of Goex FFG.

I got a bunch of TC Sabot (can't remember the bullet weight ATM.

Nice! Your set then! Go easy on the Pyrodex and clean often, use it up and don't get any more! Stick with both the 777 and the Goex and you will be quite happy, though your shoulder will not be happy with you! LOl

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top