JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FWIW, anything With Much Electrons Stored, can and will catch fire... that is simple Science....

The degree to how capable it can happen is the Only variable!

I have shorted Capacitors, and got "the Smell" IYKWIM...

philip .... causing Sparks with Electrons since 1957.... :rolleyes::confused: :D

I have had a few alkaline batteries internally short too - one was a 9V that suddenly got really hot, then just burst open minutes later. More fun with Lithium Ion batteries - when they short (which can happen internally):

DAMN.................................:oops::eek:

The batteries with hard covers, like drewp uses in his tools are safe (relatively).
Thimk about all the portable stuff all over the world powered by lithium batteries.
Exploders waiting for the china politboro to push a button, kaflooie!
This is why Taku must share all his toys with me!

China is a buzillion people. Every one of them wants what we want.
Better beer and a peaceful home to enjoy. (after world domination)
All of us are typing on keyboards connected to magic boxes connected to displays, the guts of which are made in China, Japan, s Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, USA, etc. The entire world is flooded with co-operating factory workers making stuff they see in films from America! The chinafolk I gossip with all have American nicknames, picked from films and movies from America. The time I wanted my chronograph upgraded, I spoke with a lady in Montreal Canada. She can't wait to save up enough to scoot south.

Remember,
It'll be better in the end.
If it isn't better, it isn't the end.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR