JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can remember driving that road after a big Fall version of a Pineapple Express hit back in the 90s. The road in was horrible - 4WD all the way in and the bottom of the gravel bar had a three foot creek to cross to access it. I crossed the creek the first time no problem (was driving a Jimmy S15 Jimmy with some aggressive meats on the rims). The way back I ran into a little problem when my aggressive meats lost contact with the gravel and I started drifting into that big hole at the bottom of the bar!!!

Somehow before I managed to not drown the tires caught gravel again and I started moving forward, all the while I was looking for a stick to scrape the bubblegum out of my shorts!!

Never again. Never going down that road again, I will cast from the hatchery side

I can relate to your adventure in the exact same place & time!!!
We used to use my buddies truck, and F150 with big tires. We were heading back one afternoon near Satsop when the passenger front wheel bearing said Adios. His bearings were easy to replace but my 98 Ranger I had to replace the whole hub, $$$$$!!!!
Good fishing back in the day though...

Ray, I have to apologize to you for fishing in the wrong place Thursday.
I was shown where all the fish are & how to effectively fish it today.....
It is the old boy system there meaning you gotta be an old boy to play there..... and they are checking at the ramp.... lol

20161003_114444.jpg 20161003_114434.jpg

Ray, I have to apologize to you for fishing in the wrong place Thursday.
I was shown where all the fish are & how to effectively fish it today.....
It is the old boy system there meaning you gotta be an old boy to play there..... and they are checking at the ramp.... lol

View attachment 315393 View attachment 315394

I see how it is, you're dumping me for an old boy:p. Got it.

It was still a good day; I caught fish, (too bad there were no keepers).

Ray

Went to the Hump today - Stevens Creek
The river was very high but still fishable. I didn't bother to fish though, got a look at the mouth of the Stevens Creek, and the bar was gone and guys were wading and casting where the bar used to be. The rest were plunking and pulling plugs. Total circus. Went to the East Hoquiam and plunked for a couple of hours instead - no fish, saw a few rocket up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top