JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those percentages seem off to me, and I'd bet that the gang shootings are closer to 70-80%. Just a hunch. I bet even PPB doesn't agree with that internally.
That very well could be right. I question how ppb reports shootings cuz first person reports are sometimes shown as "disturbances" and the # of shootings that police have reported to the press seem to be roughly 1/2 or less than the number of independent shootings reported on the police blotter. So it comes down to how they count shootings.

Also what do they attribute drive by shootings etc where no one is caught (which is almost all of them now). Can't tie any of those to a particular group.

That very well could be right. I question how ppb reports shootings cuz first person reports are sometimes shown as "disturbances" and the # of shootings that police have reported to the press seem to be roughly 1/2 or less than the number of independent shootings reported on the police blotter. So it comes down to how they count shootings.

Also what do they attribute drive by shootings etc where no one is caught (which is almost all of them now). Can't tie any of those to a particular group.
wouldnt pretty much maybe definitely 100% of drive by shootings be gang related?

Nothing to question. PPB as do all law enforcement agencies have to report crime under federal guidelines. You can read more about it in the Universal Crime Reporting (UCR).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top