JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's interesting, a large portion of today's problems were caused by the treaties after the first and second world war. WWI placed Germany in dire straights, and was the cause of the European conflict.

After WWII, Russia was given a large swath of land, and Israel was created. Communism was later determined to be a problem for the free world, and the conflicts since WWII had been over communism or countries that were directly assisted by communist Russia; China, North Korea, Cuba, Vietnam, Iran, Afghanistan.
1_DDZrRQyuYiABl_aurcFTMA.png

After WWII, Russia was given a large swath of land
That was a major source of discontent for Patton. He didn't want the dirty commies getting their claws into all of eastern Europe... he opined that it would end up with us at war again and wanted to fight em RIGHT NOW.

The division of Europe was discussed at the Tehran conference where Churchill was undeniably snubbed by FDR and Stalin. Britain had been fighting and losing territory for years before the Americans joined in and here were FDR and Stalin dividing up world dominance without consideration for Britain's sacrifices. The days of the sun never setting on the British empire were over.

Stalin wasn't bully on fighting Japan, but still marched troops across Siberia to take Manchuria back from the Japanese. He was successful in that and turning parts of China communist. That iron fist in a velvet glove treatment resulted in the Chinese building their strength back to the point that they didn't need the Russians anymore and gradually expelled them in a "mostly peaceful" manner.

I know little-to-nothing about the formation of Isreal, except for the basic timeline, but it seems like a subject that needs some exploration. I can't remember the last time l saw a history book that devoted even a chapter to it, much less a comprehensive history. I wonder why that is... ?

Last Edited:
That was a major source of discontent for Patton. He didn't want the dirty commies getting their claws into all of eastern Europe... he opined that it would end up with us at war again and wanted to fight em RIGHT NOW.

The division of Europe was discussed at the Tehran conference where Churchill was undeniably snubbed by FDR and Stalin. Britain had been fighting and losing territory for years before the Americans joined in and here were FDR and Stalin dividing up world dominance without consideration for Britain's sacrifices. The days of the sun never setting on the British empire were over.

Stalin wasn't bully on fighting Japan, but still marched troops across Siberia to take Manchuria back from the Japanese. He was successful in that and turning parts of China communist. That iron fist in a velvet glove treatment resulted in the Chinese building their strength back to the point that they didn't need the Russians anymore and gradually expelled them in a "mostly peaceful" manner.

I know little-to-nothing about the formation of Isreal, except for the basic timeline, but it seems like a chapter that needs some exploration. I can't remember the last time l saw a history book the devoted even a chapter to it, much less a comprehensive history. I wonder why that is... ?
FYI there are a lot of great documentaries out there about the formation of israel. There is one particularly good one about the israili "air force" how they got planes, how they bluffed others into thinking they had lots of planes, etc. Really cool stories, that Ben gurion guy (among others) was really a go getter. I think there was a movie with Kirk Douglas on it also. He was an American colonel or something on loan to Israel or somehting like that.

Edit: kirk douglas movie was called "cast a giant shadow". I'll see if I can find air force documentary movie name... I think it was "above and beyond" made in 2014 -not to be confused with other movies by that name, but not sure if that was the one or not.

Last Edited:
Wait a minute... WHY did we have to go in the chamber in BOOT!
Because your enemy doesn't always follow the law?

That's all true from the military point of view, but l don't think it was a major consideration at the Geneva Convention when NATO adopted the FMJ as the only acceptable type of ammo to be used by civilized dudes shooting at each other.
Hague, not Geneva.

My understanding is that using non-hp ammo is actually not merely compassionate in that it causes fewer deaths. It is also strategically advantageous in war because there are more injuries instead of those deaths. The victim who is injured rather than dead is out of the war just as much as if he died for the next several months and maybe forever. Meanwhile, it takes more people and resources to get the victim off the battlefield and tend him in hospitals and rehab. At least that's what my dad told me.
All well and good until you meet a foe who practices Bayonet The Wounded...

Truthfully im very dissapointed in my performance and i am/will take steps to improve. But in the moment so much is happening im fending off two opponents while my brain is running scenarios and listing possible consequences for each and in this backward run cespool if id knocked all her teeth out there is a chance id either be put in handcuffs or later sued. Running the scene over in my head i do think it escalated in large part due to me just pusyfooting around and only fending off with 30% or so if i had gone full force and just blown her off her feet with the first shove and shown some power it might have stoped the attack right there.
I think you did great.

You protected your pup, and you avoided further issues.

What if you hit her, cut your hand on her tooth, and got some horrible disease?

What if you shoved her and she hit her head and died?

My only suggestion would be adding a good LEO sized 20 foot peooer spray can to your "walk carry" loadout.

I thought that sounded familiar...
Plus add drugs to the crazy and you get drugged out crazies. There was an article not long ago about how many shootings were due to gangs vs homeless and I think it was 50% gangs, 25% homeless, and I can't remember what the other 25% were.

Last Edited:
I missed this thread on its initial, but on the reboot I'm seeing some good comments as well as some flat out weird gaslighting flex - specifically, that the party in power is trying to mitigate the kind of engagement you had to have.

Not just the left spinning up distrust in law enforcement, but the false compassion narrative about caring for the mentally ill on the streets. This goes back to the 1960's when the party in power during that time started the de-institutionalization of the mentally ill. Instead of fixing the rampant problems in the institutions (of where there were many) they decided to rid the country of them. That pushed those mentally ill into the streets or back into "normal life" without a chance. And the absence of those institutions today is what we're also paying for writ large.

It's not compassionate to let mentally ill mix with drug addicts and those genuinely down on their luck. You get what we have today. Refuse everywhere, violence within those camps and bleeding out into the parks and neighborhoods because it's easier to claim "compassion" by not putting people into focused treatment than to actually do something compassionate.

OP, you did what you could do in the situation you had and you're able to share it and reflect. You didn't die, and your pup didn't die, and you didn't go to jail. The best possible outcome giving the circumstance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top