Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I got a warning????

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by cbzdel, Jan 31, 2012.

1. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

I am trying to figure out why I got a warning.. I responded to the mod that send it to me but I never got a response.

I had a for sale ad for a Glock and a Walther, the Glock sold almost instantly. There were many posting calling dibs on my add saying take it the person above backs out, so my post was the 2nd or 3rd on from the top on the for sale list. I got payment on the Glock so I posted up; Glock Sold, I will get pics up of the Walther later on.

Later on in the day, I got a warning for bumping my post. How am I bumping if its already at the top, and how is it a bump if I am saying that an item is sold??

I would just like to know what I did wrong in this case, and what I should do next time??

lowly monk and (deleted member) like this.
  2. doubletap007

doubletap007 Beaverton Active Member

next time edit the add to remove the glock or mark sold in the same ad.
    this is to keep people from posting inside their own ad to keep it above others.

3. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

You should have just gone in and edited the ad. It would not have bumped it up, but would have gotten the message across that you'd sold the Glock. You can change the title and content of the ad without bumping it. I'm pretty sure you can change the title without causing it to be bumped.

4. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

Gotcha, I understand bumping but this was not the intent.. The rules have changed quite a bit since I sold last on here. Actually on most forums I am on they do not allow people to modify sale ads, it keeps a paper trail, and allows people to be able to research pricing..

5. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

If it was not your intent then why did you do it, by responding to note your item sold your basically bumping a dead post wasting space and time from those who open your post to just to read its sold when had you just closed it, it would have never got any attention. Its the polite thing to do as well.

all you got is a warning, not a big deal but now you know.

+ you can only reply to your own post after 72hrs or in direct reply to a specific question

if everyone bumped their adds to tell everyone who is not really interested that they have sold their thingy then all the available stuff would be bumped to the back pages

6. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

Bumping to say 'sold' is an inexcusable infraction, especially for a veteran member IMHO.
    Yet people do it every day here.
    Kudos to the Mods for only giving a warning.

7. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

It wasn't a "dead post". He is still selling the Walther. Kind of stupid to get an infraction for letting people know the Walther was still for sale. Did it really do any harm? Or are people simply nit-picking? Next time he'll know not to do it.

Good luck with your sale

flybynyt and (deleted member) like this.
  8. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Well..... Editing the OP is the correct option and it was done for you if you haven't noticed so as not to waste members time wanting the Glock. You aggreed to the rules when you first posted, so I am wondering what the issue is with recieving the "warning". I would hope that you would go back and review the forum rules as suggested in the warning as this thread is a violation of one of them. Here, I will help you with that as well......

Rule 15. Do not discuss infractions or problems with moderators in the open forum.

All staff members are accountable to the site owner, Joey Link. Joey Link is accountable to you, the members of this site. If you have a problem with an infraction or a moderator, please send him a private message and he'll review the situation.

Thread closed.

Trlsmn, lowly monk, numbnutz and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.