JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
base model 1966 Ford Fairlane four door sedan (ex-city gas dept. vehicle).
I drove Ford Falcons before they were Ford Mustangs. :D 1960,61,62 and they were very good comfortable transportation. I had a 1965 Mercury Monarch 4 door ex salesman car that was awesome. Ah the good memories.

Most of the time, I'm driving an old Mercury Grand Marquis or Ford Crown Victoria. Both well-known geezer cars. Very low profile.

... I'd say something like, "John, what's the matter with these people?" He'd say, "They don't like to drive behind Geezer cars." And it's the truth, there is profiling of drivers by other drivers. They will risk getting in an accident to get ahead of you. It's not necessarily a matter of how far ahead, just anywhere ahead. They also may not care how fast they are going, so long as it's fast-ER. Even if it's from one red light to the next.

I used to have a old Crown Vic that was my downtown car. I forget the year but it still had the chrome bumpers. The paint was badly oxidized but the body was straight and the car was mechanically solid. On first glance it looked like crap but it drove and rode great. People would not cut me off in that car and it was never broken into. Now that you mention it I don't think I ever got pulled over in that car either.

I used to have a old Crown Vic that was my downtown car. I forget the year but it still had the chrome bumpers. The paint was badly oxidized but the body was straight and the car was mechanically solid. On first glance it looked like crap but it drove and rode great. People would not cut me off in that car and it was never broken into. Now that you mention it I don't think I ever got pulled over in that car either.
I had a Dodge Polara with all the cop stuff back in the day. And and and. Miss those big ol boats.

Last Edited:
The Polaras and Furys were beasts.
I'm not a Chrysler guy, especially not the contemporary stuff. But one Mopar I've sometimes admired is the 1968 Dodge Coronet. Doesn't have to be a hot rod, the 4 door sedan would be fine. With the 318 engine and Torque Flite trans.

I made a mistake, It appears that I have to pay $75. For the uturn180 class lol. I knew something didn't sound right..... Take a free class? Then it's all done? Nah lol it's all good, I'll pay the 75 doll hairs and be done with it.... I may learn something new in the class anyway lol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top