JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a couple of handguns last Tuesday and got a delay on my background check. It's strange, but I'm thinking it may be because I'm a new Oregon resident. I have a new OR drivers license and we just moved into our house the day before Thanksgiving.

I called the OSP number and gave my info and told them that I had a California concealed permit, a Utah non resident permit and my C&R 03FFL. Hopefully that will make a difference.

We had a ten day waiting period to pick up a gun in Kalifornistan and I was looking forward to paying and walking out with my purchases. No joy there. :s0054:

BTW, I bought a used Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag for my woods gun and a used as new stainless CZ83 to carry. It's had maybe a box of ammo through it if that. I sold my Kimber Pro Carry II to finance the deal and barely had to come out of pocket. I used to carry the Kimber but decided I wanted to go smaller, so it worked out well.

When I first moved here the same thing happened to me with my first OR gun purchase. Delayed. The dealer called me to pick it up a day or two later. No delays since then.

I'm getting delayed each time so far, we (me, FFL) think it's because of not being a citizen. Final approval gets faster and faster, quickest one was 20 minutes. I was just out of the store. :)

I also know that they are a bit buried with requests right now. I was in Big 5 on Friday night and the guy behind the counter said he was #260 on wait for a background check. Not sure how he knew that, but if its true- damn, thats a lot of guns being purchased in our state at that moment. It wouldn't suprise me if they are way backed up on the "clearing issues" side too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top