JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah I feel real late to the game but I think it was too popular for me to like at the time. Even now I've only built one rifle because I found the barrel cheap on consignment and I didn't have a 10.5" yet. Now it's rattled canned with a knock off LAW tactical stock folder. But it's mine and I'll feed it...

Barf right?

Yeah I feel real late to the game but I think it was too popular for me to like at the time. Even now I've only built one rifle because I found the barrel cheap on consignment and I didn't have a 10.5" yet. Now it's rattled canned with a knock off LAW tactical stock folder. But it's mine and I'll feed it...

Barf right?
Did Frankenstein not love his monster?

The only problem I have experienced with converting to 300BLK was withFC brass. They would not pass the chamber test and they were on the list of not acceptable. Follow that list linked earlier and get a wall thickness gauge to be sure and not waste time converting useless brass. There were a few more that I didn't like but I can't remember of the top of my head just now.
See pics for clarification.

F2A73A10-32B4-4D73-ADE4-5AB538CDBA26.jpeg

The only problem I have experienced with converting to 300BLK was withFC brass. They would not pass the chamber test and they were on the list of not acceptable. Follow that list linked earlier and get a wall thickness gauge to be sure and not waste time converting useless brass. There were a few more that I didn't like but I can't remember of the top of my head just now.
See pics for clarification.

View attachment 836103
I'll have to... check.... measure
What's the chamber test.... dummy round and chamber?
Mine look little different.

E6C25055-485A-4E2E-A883-4DBD06223340.jpeg

Sportsmans federal way has 250 and 500ct bass in stock rn. 49.95/250 no price on 500ct. ALSO sportco has quite a bit of cfeBLK in stock rn
Did you call them or go in there recently? The store website says out of stock.....maybe it's not updated online or I'm looking in the site.

1614983314028.png
One of these is factory .300BLK, two are created.

The shoulder on the created cases is more rounded and not as sharp, that is why they won't pass a plunk test. I usually ram them home and fireform, after that they work. Had to dig up this photo. You'd have a hard time finding the made cases, the difference is subtle. It's the left ones.

This pokes the up a few thousandths from your case gauge. Maybe .005 or so.

The shoulder on the created cases is more rounded and not as sharp, that is why they won't pass a plunk test. I usually ram them home and fireform, after that they work. Had to dig up this photo. You'd have a hard time finding the made cases, the difference is subtle. It's the left ones.

This pokes the up a few thousandths from your case gauge. Maybe .005 or so.

Why not lower your resizing die when you form the converts and bring the shoulder down? I lowered my die until the finished converts fit my case check... and they all pass the plunk test.

Why not lower your resizing die when you form the converts and bring the shoulder down? I lowered my die until the finished converts fit my case check... and they all pass the plunk test.
I could do that. I haven't played with it much since changing presses and heads. I'll tinker with it when I run some next time. Still doesn't change the angle of the dangle though. The shoulder is still more rounded.

Those FC cases are fine, it's the ones with 4 sets of markings in my pic. Read all the footnotes on the 300blackout link provided above for the useable head stamps.

I don't generally quote myself but when I do it's usually to add pictures, so here you go...:D

These FC cases are a NO GO, listed in a note from the conversion list mentioned above.

56C61FC7-BCA6-4859-8884-16E94AA64BE6.jpeg

C14BF965-8F10-4F07-AE46-5E5933AF1AF8.jpeg

I could do that. I haven't played with it much since changing presses and heads. I'll tinker with it when I run some next time. Still doesn't change the angle of the dangle though. The shoulder is still more rounded.

I've converted over a thousand 223/556 cases to 300 black and all but a handful, nine or 10 I can't remember exact number did not pass the plunk test. I also test them in the case gauge before and after loading.
And of those that did not pass the plunk test, :confused:they were the NOGO FC head stamp that snuck their way into the containers... :D

6D665797-26D6-4E0D-A420-CAF476DE29C0.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads