JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well that sucks, OP. Don't shop there and never will so I have no idea of the hysteria or lack there of. To me, Trader Joes is fancy enough. I'm usually as frugal as possible when it comes to groceries. Tomatoe Tomato. :cool:

Seriously. This store makes Whole Foods look like a thrift store.

Can someone explain to me how in the blue hell are these people even in business???? Whole Foods is cheaper, but New Seasons is opening more stores??? Did they somehow use mind control technology to trick the masses into shopping at their store?

I feel like Im living in the Twilight Zone.

I hate Fred Meyer, and Safeway, and Albertsons, and Haggens. You guys say I should also hate Whole Foods and New Seasons, and Trader Joes, although I'd never step in such metro-places anyway.

I'm glad I don't hate Canned Food Outlet, the Goodwill of Grocery, or I would starve.

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
back on topic I actually find Trader Joes way more expensive. If I go there and buy all the ingredients for a dinner its way more than New Seasons. TJ's excels in two places... novelty items you cant find anywhere else and cheap wine thats still palatable enough to enjoy as a daily glass with dinner.

The few times I went to Whole Foods convinced me they are the most expensive grocery store ever and never went back. Even their generic label was outrageous.
Are you pretty sure you were in the right store??? No way in hell trader joes is more expensive than new seasons or whole foods.

Which products were expensive?? I literally know the price of every item in that store.

god I hope all oatmeal is vegan. Am I missing something here?
All oatmeal is vegan and gluten free. I buy organic because i dont want pesticides in my food.

Would you eat something that has been sprayed with pesticides and other crap?

And no, im not vegan. lol

I just like oatmeal.

Are you pretty sure you were in the right store??? No way in hell trader joes is more expensive than new seasons or whole foods.

Which products were expensive?? I literally know the price of every item in that store.
just my experience, try buying a steak at Trader Joes...

Want to bet places like the one you are using will claim it's going the other way after Trump has been in office a short time?
that would actually be a very interesting observation to make. I know that Wikipedia is open source, that anyone can edit. I know that... similar to forums (like this one) if you post something wrong, or especially a lie, you will get called out. Now if Trumps war on "fake news" pans out for him, it will reflect in the article in Wikipedia, since many of the contributors there cite mainstream media sources.

We can do what you want done now, leave them with the doper parents until they grow up to be drug addicts and criminals. Great idea, that will save us lots of money.
I never said thats what I wanted done. You still haven't answered my questions...

Some of you will pay for premium beer while others are happy with the cheapest stuff you can find.

New Seasons is like micro brewed beer or coffee - you either appreciate and are willing to pay for it or your not.

No reason to slam the place:s0092:

Getting a bit off-topic, but what the hell. :D

Back to the millennials/et. al.

I see a lot of teens and young adults running around in cars that I would have very much liked to have had when I was their age, but I made do with $200 junkers because paying the rent and having food for my family was more important. And yes, some young adults right out of school expecting to make $50+K starting out, and more than minimum wage for pushing a broom.

A LOT of this came to a head with the student loan thing. Last time I went back to school in 2000 it was at a College. I took out a loan to get us by. As I was sailing through classes making honor roll (my past school teachers must have been rolling in graves) I watched MANY who would show up just enough to not get booted. Keep a 2.0 average to keep money coming. That and take courses that Ray Charles could see would do nothing. When they got each lump of cash though they were off to the races buying up crap. Now a lot of them are working min wage and screaming about paying back those loans. It was easy money and they thought of it as a "gift" even though they were made to prove several times they understood the terms. Many of us used that money wisely. Now the hand out crowd want us to pay for their loans they had so much fun blowing.

Some of you will pay for premium beer while others are happy with the cheapest stuff you can find.

New Seasons is like micro brewed beer or coffee - you either appreciate and are willing to pay for it or your not.

No reason to slam the place:s0092:
Name brand "stuff" is what I am talking about. I like Sams mostly. Jamison or Makers for hard. If one store is selling Sams for $6 and another is selling it for $9, its the same beer. Only difference is the mark up. Same with the bottle of whiskey. Now if some store who serves the people who want to pay $9 can get away with it that's fine with me. If I owned a store I would love to do that. Things that don't have any name on them where they come from can be of course harder. Meat is a good one. Unless they are going to tell you were they are buying it how will you know till you try? There is a HUGE difference but you can't easily tell without finding out where it came from or trying some. With name brand stuff I am willing to pay more for the price is the price. If it's higher at one store it just means I'm paying more for the same thing.

I don't know how my father lived to be 90! Born in 1920, WWII '45-'47 . He ate food, all foods. Fatty pork chops cooked well due to trichinosis, smoked for 25 years, ate gluten! Non organic! All sorts of chemicals and pesticides that weren't banned yet! Liked scotch! Spent tons of time in the sun! In the end, blood clots from the legs due to inactivity from a back issue took him! Yeah I know, if it wasn't for all that stuff he would have lived to 120!

I think there's a lot of hype involved with all the organic/natural thing. Lots of money being made buy some people on it though. I'd rather croak quickly tomorrow than live to 90 spending the last 1 year in a bed anyway!

for me the organic issue is more about freshness and quality of the item and the fact that its prices have come down as its popularity increases has made it a practical option in many cases. When I guy "organic free range" chicken at New Seasons, its bigger/"plumper" and tastes better than its non-organic Foster Farms counterpart sold elsewher.. and the key here is its the same price.

The jury is out on any health advantage of organic foods, there is no evidence I've found that says if you ate all organic you might add 10 years or whatever to your life, or not get cancer, or whatever other ailment. And what little I've read about longevity has more to do with low stress than anything, some study participants that lived past 100 were smokers... So not all things are equal in this issue....

So that also doesn't mean that organic food is not more healthy either. It doesn't make sense that chemically raised food (pesticide and herbicide, hormones etc.) is actually good for you, its just that the FDA (our govt) says that we can handle certain amounts of toxins and be ok... which I think is mostly true (how much do you trust our govt?). Consider though that those studies were done on healthy adult individuals, not growing developing individuals.

my opinion is that we should support natural foods as much as possible.... But unless there is some radical political shift in the food industry, organics will never come down in price enough to feed the nation.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads