JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Niche market to blue demons from blue hell who are willing to pay stupid prices in the name of virtue signaling...... but that's just a wild yarse guess. ;)
Yep. Some places like restaurants and stores will charge insane prices for stuff. They develop a following who will pay. To each his own. Free market and all. Kind of like the Kardashions . How the one with the huge bubblegum became a multi millionaire is beyond me. I'm sure she's laughing all the way to the bank though. Hell if I could do that I would too. :cool:

Quality costs and people will pay for it including myself. I also like Trader Joe's. Yes you can get cheaper meat but the quality isn't there so we go to Gardners once a month
As far as dog treats if is not sourced and made on the USA my dogs don't get them. You are what you eat. With all the crap that is out there might be worth reading a few labels

Quality costs and people will pay for it including myself. I also like Trader Joe's. Yes you can get cheaper meat but the quality isn't there so we go to Gardners once a month
As far as dog treats if is not sourced and made on the USA my dogs don't get them. You are what you eat. With all the crap that is out there might be worth reading a few labels

Well now that is a slightly different animal. I too will pay for quality on some things. Meat is one. I long ago stopped buying hamburger in the store. We shop at a place that supplies restaurants. Buy IBP top sirloin and grind it. If we buy the entire butt it's about the same price as hamburger at the store. Same with dogs. Wife often laughs and says I ruined her. When we met she would buy the cheapest ones she could find. I would only buy the better ones and all beef. A few times and that was it for her. Cheap ones are un-edible to her now. Often though you can buy the same thing at one store where another store will sell it at 20-80% more. Some will go to the store that charges more because they "think" it's better there. Often they are just paying a lot more for the same thing. Nothing wrong with that if some store can get them to do it. Free market.

Guess what don't like the pay or the company maybe it's time to find something more to an individuals liking after all its a free country. I will buy what I want as long as it's to my liking and conforms to my standards and values.

So what you're telling me is Corporate serfdom is just fine and dandy.

From what I understand the people working at New Seasons get paid a living wage and healthcare. Can't say that about many low-skilled service industry jobs. Fact check what Costco and Walamrt pay theirs. Yes Cosco is better that Wallyworld but....\

There is more than one way do to look at "you are what you eat" :cool:
I prefer to buy a little less quanity, so I crap on the planet a little less. Winning is not about the mostest for the cheapest only, or fat guys would be the "Justin Bieber's"

Getting off the X-and ducking for cover now!
I'm very much libertarian on how people want to live. As long as they don't want me to pay for it. How they eat or what they eat don't care.
As for "living wage" this gets into people wanting me to pay. Want to make a living wage?
S C H O O L . I get real tired of hearing from people who don't want any education or training complaining that those who did make "too much" money. I was a screw up in school. They were wasting their time with me. I just wanted to work. I soon learned that was a mistake and then decided some learning was good. Many decades later have been back to school a couple more times. It was not easy or fun but was well worth it. Wal-Mart does't pay enough? Learn a trade or skill to get a better job. We have raised a couple generations now that think they are owed something for doing nothing.

I do most of my grocery shopping at Winco, a little bit at Costco.

Not much on atmosphere, and missing some selection, but most anything you want at the high end stores you can get at Winco - in larger portions for less.

Whole Foods, New Seasons, etc. - yuppie markets.

Safeway, etc., just a little nice atmosphere but much higher prices for the same exact foods.

Winco and Costco are employee owned too.

I do most of my grocery shopping at Winco, a little bit at Costco.

Not much on atmosphere, and missing some selection, but most anything you want at the high end stores you can get at Winco - in larger portions for less.

Whole Foods, New Seasons, etc. - yuppie markets.

Safeway, etc., just a little nice atmosphere but much higher prices for the same exact foods.

Winco and Costco are employee owned too.

I don't know if it's the same at all but the Safeway here is way higher on the same stuff. I tend to go to the store knowing what I want, get in, get out. I tend to not pay much attention to price as I know what I want on most stuff. There is a Fredmeyer and a Safeway close. I normally only go to the Safeway for one item I can't find at Fred's. So when there will often grab something else I need. I can spot the price difference easy at Safeway and I don't normally pay attention. When they opened a Win-Co here I went and they were better it was easy to see. If it was not so damn far away I would go there.

I'm very much libertarian on how people want to live. As long as they don't want me to pay for it. How they eat or what they eat don't care.
As for "living wage" this gets into people wanting me to pay. Want to make a living wage?
S C H O O L . I get real tired of hearing from people who don't want any education or training complaining that those who did make "too much" money. I was a screw up in school. They were wasting their time with me. I just wanted to work. I soon learned that was a mistake and then decided some learning was good. Many decades later have been back to school a couple more times. It was not easy or fun but was well worth it. Wal-Mart does't pay enough? Learn a trade or skill to get a better job. We have raised a couple generations now that think they are owed something for doing nothing.

Yup - it took me about 15 years and two degrees before I got my foot in the door and started making an income where I could consistently support my family and provide them with health insurance. To this day I am still helping out my child because I keep improving my skills, earning a decent income, saving over a third of my income and living more or less frugally.

Some people get "stuck" - I understand that, it took me quite a while to get unstuck and I was lucky in some of the decisions I made. The older I got the better I got at making wise decisions about jobs, my career and finances.

I know people who are working hard at two jobs and still not making ends meet because they have a child who is sick, and/or they have health problems themselves, and the expenses just get them down. I know one person who has a health condition where the medicine if $40K per year, another who has a child where the medicine is $1K per month, not including doctors visits, etc.

These people have tried to do better, but it is hard.

Working in a grocery store isn't going to cut it, but when you have a sick child, a car that is 20 years old and barely runs, all the other bills adults have to pay, and you have two jobs that barely pay above minimum wage - it is hard to go to school.

I was lucky in that I had the GI Bill and I still had to take out a loan.

Then there are those scamming schools who charge you twice what a community college does, and gives you a worthless certification (instead of a degree) and then cut you loose to find a job on your own.

Yup - it took me about 15 years and two degrees before I got my foot in the door and started making an income where I could consistently support my family and provide them with health insurance. To this day I am still helping out my child because I keep improving my skills, earning a decent income, saving over a third of my income and living more or less frugally.

Some people get "stuck" - I understand that, it took me quite a while to get unstuck and I was lucky in some of the decisions I made. The older I got the better I got at making wise decisions about jobs, my career and finances.

I know people who are working hard at two jobs and still not making ends meet because they have a child who is sick, and/or they have health problems themselves, and the expenses just get them down. I know one person who has a health condition where the medicine if $40K per year, another who has a child where the medicine is $1K per month, not including doctors visits, etc.

These people have tried to do better, but it is hard.

Working in a grocery store isn't going to cut it, but when you have a sick child, a car that is 20 years old and barely runs, all the other bills adults have to pay, and you have two jobs that barely pay above minimum wage - it is hard to go to school.

I was lucky in that I had the GI Bill and I still had to take out a loan.

Then there are those scamming schools who charge you twice what a community college does, and gives you a worthless certification (instead of a degree) and then cut you loose to find a job on your own.

I am ALL FOR helping out those who need and WANT help. When I talk about the generation with their hand out I'm not talking about people who are trying and life has beat them down. For every one of those there is a 1000 who just refuse to try. Guys who hop from one girl to the next leaving a trail of kids. Girls who drop a bunch of kids and don't even know who the fathers are. All waving Bernie signs and saying someone needs to "give them" more of what they have. Since others make "too much". I have ZERO problem with welfare done right. It's meant to be a way to help short term. Where I get mad is people who don't work, and see no reason they should. I have LONG said I am all for drug testing to collect. I have been taking drug tests to work and pay taxes since they started this in the 80's. Those who want some of my money should have to pee in a cup to get my money or make their own money.

If New Seasons wants to pay them a little more I think thats great, especially since at least in Oregon a "living wage" is not law yet. The problem with the idea of a "living wage" as opposed to a minimum wage, is that it still doesnt teach people how to live within their means, so it just temporarily gives most people 'some' financial relief but in the long run makes the situation worse by inflating the economy unnaturally. Im also not certain how $15/hr is really going to get people into a home...

I have LONG said I am all for drug testing to collect. I have been taking drug tests to work and pay taxes since they started this in the 80's. Those who want some of my money should have to pee in a cup to get my money or make their own money.
the thing Ive read about testing for welfare is that the vast majority of recipients will fail and instantly lose those benefits.... the problem is those people have kids in tow that now go hungry, starve, as well as virtually instantly become homeless. The net effect of this is a sharp increase in crime. While welfare is great service for many people who truly need it, the vast majority keep themselves there and pulling it from under them will reap other consequences.

You won't see a New Seasons Market in a low income part of town.
Trader Joe's will only locate stores in neighborhoods where there's a higher percentage of collage degrees.

Getting a bit off-topic, but what the hell. :D

Yes, there are a lot of people out there who want things handed to them with little or no effort on their part - I know, I married one. Although we later divorced, I also always supported my child, and even though she is an adult now I am still there for her in every way I can be.

OTOH - I know a mom who has a sick kid, who works two jobs and while I don't know all her financials, I get the feeling she is just sinking deeper and deeper into debt. The father of the child, from what I understand, is halfway across the country, remarried and ignores his kids unless they are under his roof. I've seen a number of fathers who are like this - not that all divorced dads are - but more than should be.

Back to the millennials/et. al.

I see a lot of teens and young adults running around in cars that I would have very much liked to have had when I was their age, but I made do with $200 junkers because paying the rent and having food for my family was more important. And yes, some young adults right out of school expecting to make $50+K starting out, and more than minimum wage for pushing a broom.

But for every one of those, there are probably ten who are working hard and not complaining.

As for welfare - no one has the right to take my hard earned pay and give it to some else, except for me. As it stands, the current system of taxation and welfare is theft from those who work to give it to those who may or may not need it. I help out people as I see fit, or where I have a responsibility (such as my child) - that is voluntary charity - anything else is theft, armed theft by the government and those who voted for it.

Seriously. This store makes Whole Foods look like a thrift store.

Almost every single one of their damn items are INSANELY overpriced.

Here are some examples:

organic flour New Seasons - $6-10

Same item at whole foods - $5-7

Organic peanut butter $6-$10

Whole Foods - $4-7

The same goes for every single one of their products.. Whole foods is AT-LEAST $2-4 cheaper than new seasons.

Can someone explain to me how in the blue hell are these people even in business???? Whole Foods is cheaper, but New Seasons is opening more stores??? Did they somehow use mind control technology to trick the masses into shopping at their store?

I feel like Im living in the Twilight Zone.
People into natural foods seem to think high prices equals quality.

You don't necessarily need to go to school to better yourself. One of my brothers (High school, three kids and a wife) simply kept looking for opportunities and when he didn't find any made them. He made sure he was rock solid dependable and always got the job done. He always went two or three steps beyond everybody else.

Another brother and I went the tech school route. Goal for both of us were jobs. Minimal time, minimal expense, classes designed for working people. Both of us had jobs in the industry of our choice before graduation.

IMO, for most, traditional colleges are an extension of high school with the time and dollars leading no where, just a great big snooze button before embracing the joy and terror of true adulthood.

If New Seasons wants to pay them a little more I think thats great, especially since at least in Oregon a "living wage" is not law yet. The problem with the idea of a "living wage" as opposed to a minimum wage, is that it still doesnt teach people how to live within their means, so it just temporarily gives most people 'some' financial relief but in the long run makes the situation worse by inflating the economy unnaturally. Im also not certain how $15/hr is really going to get people into a home...

the thing Ive read about testing for welfare is that the vast majority of recipients will fail and instantly lose those benefits.... the problem is those people have kids in tow that now go hungry, starve, as well as virtually instantly become homeless. The net effect of this is a sharp increase in crime. While welfare is great service for many people who truly need it, the vast majority keep themselves there and pulling it from under them will reap other consequences.

Then take the kids away. Leaving children with dopers and paying for their dope does not fix anything. All this does is create a whole bunch of new criminals. No matter how much the left loves to say this there is no one starving here. This is the same excuse the left has used for years. Coddle the criminals since you don't want to make them mad. Want a solution? Build camps for them. House them the same way our troops live and feed them like our troops. Some will learn and become productive. Those that don't can stay there instead of preying on those who work for the REST OF THEIR life. Making excuses for criminals fixes nothing.

You don't necessarily need to go to school to better yourself. One of my brothers (High school, three kids and a wife) simply kept looking for opportunities and when he didn't find any made them. He made sure he was rock solid dependable and always got the job done. He always went two or three steps beyond everybody else.

Another brother and I went the tech school route. Goal for both of us were jobs. Minimal time, minimal expense, classes designed for working people. Both of us had jobs in the industry of our choice before graduation.

IMO, for most, traditional colleges are an extension of high school with the time and dollars leading no where, just a great big snooze button before embracing the joy and terror of true adulthood.
By "school" I'm not talking college. I consider any training school. There are trades that are looking for people all the time. Good paying jobs. It takes training (school) to learn them though. Many don't want to put the effort in. Easier to say they want to flip burgers and make a "living wage".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top