JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now there is a term I have not heard in a very long time. Soylent Green. 2001. Wild in The Streets, Planet Of The Apes and The Omega Man made a great impression on me in the late 60's and early 70's. To me a lot more realistic than the post apoplectic movies and series of today.

There's a Planet of the Apes marathon on AMC (771) tonight. Just finished watching Beneath the POTA.

Damned filthy apes.

Winco for me. Best prices by far and I'm king of the world when I shop there.
I like WinCo for some of my frozen items, and juices, they have a lot of good deals. Fred Meyers for dairy sales and fresh produce. Safeway for their meat and bakery. BiMart for sporting goods and pantry items, or dry food. Don't shop at the other places because most of what I buy is made locally anyway, so it's not like I have to worry about it not being organic. Can't grow that stuff here, as far as I am aware anyway... not that I care about eating organic. If I cared that much I would have a much bigger garden and go out hunting and fishing a lot more with those persuits in mind. Pretty sure I should get started on that soon tho.

SHOP AROUND!

Seriously. This store makes Whole Foods look like a thrift store.

Almost every single one of their damn items are INSANELY overpriced.

Here are some examples:

organic flour New Seasons - $6-10

Same item at whole foods - $5-7

Organic peanut butter $6-$10

Whole Foods - $4-7

The same goes for every single one of their products.. Whole foods is AT-LEAST $2-4 cheaper than new seasons.

Can someone explain to me how in the blue hell are these people even in business???? Whole Foods is cheaper, but New Seasons is opening more stores??? Did they somehow use mind control technology to trick the masses into shopping at their store?

I feel like Im living in the Twilight Zone.
Why go then?

I sometimes go to the food bar at (azz)Whole Foods. The coffee isn't bad sometimes. Although Usually I just get McDonald's coffee at the drive thru. One buck, same great taste at any McD's from coast to coast.

Last Edited:
The only way their coffee could be better is if they served it in a canteen cup. I'm not much on the rest of their products but their coffee can't be beat.

The only way their coffee could be better is if they served it in a canteen cup. I'm not much on the rest of their products but their coffee can't be beat.

Stumptown makes their coffee for them. Coffee is pretty much coffee. Find a bean and roast profile you like and they'll all be the same. Worked in the industry for way too tong.

Stumptown makes their coffee for them. Coffee is pretty much coffee. Find a bean and roast profile you like and they'll all be the same. Worked in the industry for way too tong.
I thought they used Seattle's Beast. Tastes the same here as it does at McD's in Japan.

I thought they used Seattle's Beast. Tastes the same here as it does at McD's in Japan.

Seattles Best is Starbucks. I used to be their packaging engineer until SBC was bought out by the evil empire ( Starbucks ) and they shut the roasting plant out on Vashon down and kept the brands. All the SBC brands are made in the Starbucks Kent Roasting facility except the flavored coffees which are made by Cascade Coffee in Everett because no one wants that stuff in their facility. McDonalds sources a variety of vendors including another company in Renton I used to work for. Depends on if its a company owned store or a franchise as to where they source coffee.

Last Edited:
Seattles Best is Starbucks. I used to be their packaging engineer until SBC was bought out by the evil empire ( Starbucks ) and they shut the roasting plant out on Vashon down and kept the brands. All the SBC brands are made in the Starbucks Kent Roasting facility except the flavored coffees which are made by Cascade Coffee in Everett because no one wants that stuff in their facility. McDonalds sources a variety of vendors including another company in Renton I used to work for. Depends on if its a company owned store or a franchise as to where they source coffee.
Yes, that's old news. They cant go advertising that they are selling S-bucks now , can they?
Bottom line is that their coffee is a buck and its pretty decent and consistent in all of their locations. Don't care how they do it.
I'm also a big fan of instant coffee, thanks to my days spent being nourished by C-rations and MRE's. If you need a really cheap cup of good instant though, Walmart sells a six pack of Tasters Choice tubes (similar to Via) for a buck. Its not bad. There's worse things that you could spend a buck on.
The more you know...,.

"Organic" is mostly a marketing scheme to charge you more for an (often) inferior product.... much like "sustainable" and "green".

Haha really? :) Care to support that assertion in some fashion?

This thread againo_O

Oh why not? :rolleyes:

Here's what it's like for the certified organic farmer. I'm dreading my annual inspection. I got the same inspector coming this year as two years ago. I used an "organic" bug spray containing Spinosad which is a product made from a naturally occurring bacteria. Sprayed it on 6 cherry trees in an orchard with over 100 trees. Because while the product was labeled as "Certified under the USDA National Organic Program for Organic Gardening" as in here but was not on the OMRI list of allowed substances, he took away the certification for my whole orchard. The manufacturer refused to respond with what the contents were of the .05% of "other ingredients" were. I was having problems with Shot Hole Borers which had killed a tree. I stopped using the product but it's still another year before I can get my certification back on that land and I've since lost 4 more trees to that bug.

I have to do reams of paperwork showing that the food I sell was transported in a truck that was cleaned, I have to produce receipts and bag labels for every seed and other inputs, and keep track of exactly what was harvested, how much of it, and where it was sold. What a pain. BUT, what this does is keep unscrupulous operators from getting an organic certification for say 10 tons of pinto beans and then buying 100 tons of pintos that have been sprayed with roundup before harvest and selling them as certified organic.

The inspectors are very thorough ;) and do a good job of protecting the consumers that don't want to eat food sprayed with carcinogens before harvest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top