Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I found and even more rare .22 sighting

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Nwcid, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

So I just very happily paid $330 for 1000 rds of .22 ammo :thumb up:

7-AMS22WA.jpg

.22 Winchester Auto http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Winchester_Automatic

The last time (only time) I got some ammo for this about a year ago a gentleman was nice enough to sell me 400 rds for $200 and that was a great deal at the time. I have not even shot up one box yet, not knowing when I could get more. Now it might be fun to actually shoot up a couple boxes and see what the old rifle will actually do.

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I'd buy ammo for that purty little thang too.

riflesquietandwinchester037.jpg

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

That is the same price I paid, 22 winchester auto ammo rimfire I got it from Ammo To Go. I have done business with JG before and went well. I could not tell if they have live inventory or not and saw several "they BO me" threads. ATG had it in stock with live inventory so I got it from them.

I guess I had not looked lately for ammo for this, was bored last night I guess. A year ago there was none. I was only going to order a few hundred rounds if this ammo was going to be in continuous production. It appears that Aguila only ran 3 million rounds. While that sound like a lot that is only 6000 people ordering 500 rds............ So I figured I better get a 1000.

Crap does that make me "hoarder" and all the other fun things people are calling others right now? Or does that make me wise for having the forethought to buy for the future?

5. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I don't know but I'd keep the brass.. given the will, those things can be reloaded.

6. Gunwheeler

Gunwheeler Somewhere in De Nile Active Member

Mine is a tack driver when I have the ammo for it.