JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Found a bit more ammo.

Some more reloading stuff - my dad bought some Brigadier 3032 I guess. I know I never bought a powder like that.

A whole bunch of brass, mostly rifle.

Still looking for the rifle ammo and pistol bullets.

I sorted through all the storage boxes in the garage last week, but didn't find any .38 ammo. I'll look again next week.

PS: If any of you ever find a Ken Onion "Blackout" in cargo pants from a thrift store, I'd like it back, thanks.

I 'lost' some ammo once!

When out in the mountains a few years ago I stopped to pop a few .45 ACP rounds off and set a box of reloads on a big rock nearby.

Drove off and left the box on the rock. Heck it's probably still setting there!

I 'lost' some ammo once!

When out in the mountains a few years ago I stopped to pop a few .45 ACP rounds off and set a box of reloads on a big rock nearby.

Drove off and left the box on the rock. Heck it's probably still setting there!
At least you didn't leave the gun there. I know a guy that found a S&W SS 357 brand new in the box
in the middle of a dirt road in the woods. Probably left it on top of the car when he drove off.:(

We reconciled,

Good for you guys for working it out. Not all divorces are "necessary." Sometimes the couple just doesn't want to do the work it takes to fix it. Other divorces become very necessary for unions that are beyond saving. Some marriages should never have been entered into. So I'd say marriage partner selection in the first place is pretty important in avoiding the hassle of divorce.

Sometimes, I hear about couples who've been married 25, 30 years (or more) breaking up. Sheesh. If you haven't figured out how it works in that amount of time, you're a pretty poor student.

I know a guy that found a S&W SS 357 brand new in the box
Oh man ! I couldn't even imagine the poor guys reaction to discovering he lost this!

The last thing before leaving anywhere shooting is a gun 'inventory' in the vehicle!

I'll admit to leaving my target stand out a shooting location once but it was all of a ten minute drive back out to get it.

I once left a Mini-14 leaning against a tree, way out in the boonies on a gold claim something like 15 miles up Sixes River. I got all the way back home before realizing that it was gone. I turned around and drove well over an hour in the dark. There it was, still leaning against the tree.

The legal cost is small change to all the alimony and other stuff.

$60 for the paperwork fees to file the dissolution myself. Another $25 to buy a book on how to do it (today I would look it up on the internet). No alimony. Hundreds of thousands in child support, medical bills, college tuition, wedding (for my daughter), etc. and on and on - which never ends - but the bulk of that went to my daughter.

Much of the child support did not get spent on my daughter - I am fairly sure of that too - but could not prove it. Once my daughter was on her own and/or married, then any $ went straight to her and I know they were spent on her - which is fine with me.

In my garage.

In early 2016 my wife and I separated for about 4 months. She proceeded to hide all my ammo and guns that I didn't get out initially.

Today while getting a bike trailer out of the garage and ready to sell, I found 6 boxes of .45 acp that I thought was gone forever. Woot!!!

We reconciled, and now my lovely wife has 2 revolvers of her own. A Ruger .22lr, and a Lady Smith in .38 special +p.

Now my search for .45 acp ammo is done for now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing better than that is finding cash in the pocket of items purchased at a thrift store; it's happened to me twice now!

The Mrs. bought me a hiking pack at goodwill a few years ago. I went through every pocket and found a $200 gift card to Portland City Grill! Was she ever happy I checked!

That almost covered our dinner :s0112::s0005:

So I'd say marriage partner selection in the first place is pretty important in avoiding the hassle of divorce.
Very wise words- I agree wholeheartedly! This is one of the most important things I want to teach my kids as they grow into adulthood.

I married the first one I so much as held hands with. I waited a long time for her, and haven't regretted it for a nanosecond. I'd sooner loose my arms and legs than to even consider the "D-word". I've had friends who got married young or with little thought, and came to regret it. One young man married a gal who his own brothers warned him was nuts. Don't do it man; you'll regret it, everyone told him. But she was smoking hot and throwing herself at him. What's a guy to do? He went and married her. She was and he did.

That's the sort of thing I want to try to help my kids avoid in their lives. Yeah, I know there are some things that a person seems to have to learn on their own in life, but I want to do my best for them.

I married the first one I so much as held hands with. I waited a long time for her, and haven't regretted it for a nanosecond. I'd sooner loose my arms and legs than to even consider the "D-word". I've had friends who got married young or with little thought, and came to regret it. One young man married a gal who his own brothers warned him was nuts. Don't do it man; you'll regret it, everyone told him. But she was smoking hot and throwing herself at him. What's a guy to do? He went and married her. She was and he did.

That's the sort of thing I want to try to help my kids avoid in their lives. Yeah, I know there are some things that a person seems to have to learn on their own in life, but I want to do my best for them.

As well-seasoned adults, all we can do is advise. Because we have been around long enough to know. But when the endorphins are spinning their song, it's hard to stay grounded in matters of the heart.

Once united, it takes work to keep it going. Anybody who doesn't learn the art of compromise in marriage is doomed. To divorce or great unhappiness. Another sterling trait in marriage is forgiveness. Which of course must be applied in reasonable amounts, otherwise the marriage is also doomed. Many couples hit one bad patch and they decide to part ways. When getting through the bad patch to the other side would've been way more rewarding than starting over. Not all marriages are salvageable because not all people are reasonable.

When people are young, marriage is very often a crap-shoot. Because young people aren't fully developed yet and they change over time as they age into their 20's and 30's. Some never do grow up. But if you're lucky, that wonderful gal you met and married at ages 18 and 23 respectively will still be a keeper 46 years later. As is my own case.

I met my wife in '97 and we married in '03, waited for kids until '07. The wait for kids is what can be the trick for success. Wait until it's not a financial burden and life is a WHOLE lot easier. Now, 17 years in and four kids we are happier than the day we got hitched.

We met in '02, married in '02, and kids started coming along 2 years later. She was in more of a hurry for that than I was, but I don't regret it. My kids are my life.

If we had waited until all our ducks were in a row, it would never have happened. It's been a bit of a rough ride for the last 18 years: medical issues, never enough money, a bout with cancer, serious extended family issues, never enough money, unemployment, a very difficult move, more medical issues including 9 surgeries in the last 8 years, never enough money, etc..

We got through it together. It's never easy and we're not always happy with each other, but she puts up with my quirks and annoyances, and I put up with hers. Our problems have been external, not with each other. Apologies and understanding are important for harsh words, selfishness, and general grumpiness.

I've come to the conclusion that life sucks a lot of the time. That's just reality. I used to think that the good times, when everyone is happy and healthy, life is fun and there's money in the bank, that that's how life should be all the time, and the tough times are the aberration (Oh, woe is me!)

Through the years, I've come to the conclusion that the rough times are really more the norm, and you just have to set your mind to getting through the day and finding some joy and peace in life in spite of your troubles, instead of letting them consume you. The good times are the aberration in life, and you need to really appreciate, enjoy, and recharge during these wonderful fleeting moments in life.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top