JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We met in '02, married in '02, and kids started coming along 2 years later. She was in more of a hurry for that than I was, but I don't regret it. My kids are my life.

If we had waited until all our ducks were in a row, it would never have happened. It's been a bit of a rough ride for the last 18 years: medical issues, never enough money, a bout with cancer, serious extended family issues, never enough money, unemployment, a very difficult move, more medical issues including 9 surgeries in the last 8 years, never enough money, etc..

We got through it together. It's never easy and we're not always happy with each other, but she puts up with my quirks and annoyances, and I put up with hers. Our problems have been external, not with each other. Apologies and understanding are important for harsh words, selfishness, and general grumpiness.

I've come to the conclusion that life sucks a lot of the time. That's just reality. I used to think that the good times, when everyone is happy and healthy, life is fun and there's money in the bank, that that's how life should be all the time, and the tough times are the aberration (Oh, woe is me!)

Through the years, I've come to the conclusion that the rough times are really more the norm, and you just have to set your mind to getting through the day and finding some joy and peace in life in spite of your troubles, instead of letting them consume you. The good times are the aberration in life, and you need to really appreciate, enjoy, and recharge during these wonderful fleeting moments in life.
You just about summed up my life for sure, only a couple slight twists in the storyline. You sound like a good man and a great father, good on you!

Years ago I was cleaning out the garage, and had just tossed a box of junk into the trash bin. On top was an old worn-out wallet I had quit using long ago. An idea popped into my mind when I saw it, so on a whim I dug it out of the trash and opened it up to check inside a hidden inner pocket. Yep, sure enough, the $20 bill I used to keep in there for emergencies was still there! :)
That beats finding a Condom you didn't get a chance to use!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top