JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In my garage.

In early 2016 my wife and I separated for about 4 months. She proceeded to hide all my ammo and guns that I didn't get out initially.

Today while getting a bike trailer out of the garage and ready to sell, I found 6 boxes of .45 acp that I thought was gone forever. Woot!!!

We reconciled, and now my lovely wife has 2 revolvers of her own. A Ruger .22lr, and a Lady Smith in .38 special +p.

Now my search for .45 acp ammo is done for now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Way to support a guy who reconciled, guys!

A very good friend of mine went through the same thing, probably around the same time. He cried on my shoulder a lot; she left him and took the kids. In his case it was really more his fault than hers, and I've known her since she was little. (He's a good friend but I think very highly of her too). He moved heaven and earth to get his family back; they got counseling, worked some things out, and are doing very well. So yeah, it can be done, and I think it's worth it, but then I have a different perspective on life than a lot of guys.

Congrats on finding some ammo, and even more than that- congrats on reconciling with your wife! I hope you were able to work out whatever the big issues were, and enjoy many happy decades together! :)

Sorry, but I have been down this road.

I did not reconcile, but I tried a few times. Let's just say it didn't go well and leave it at that.

I have trust issues with women because of all the bovine fecal matter my ex put me thru after we split up. So yeah, once someone backstabs me, I am done. I won't trust them anymore - and I had it done to me over and over again. I understand that they were hurt, but doing things out of spite to get back at someone, that steps over the line and to me shows an underlying character flaw. :(

I love it when I run across ammo I forgot about, like the several hundred rounds of XM-193 from when I went camping a few years ago when I was cleaning the garage.

We reconciled, and now my lovely wife has 2 revolvers of her own. A Ruger .22lr, and a Lady Smith in .38 special +p.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The immortal words of James Hetfield:

Sleep with one eye open! Gripping your pillow tight!

Why are divorces so expensive????

Because they are worth it, at least that's what I hear. I'm too stubborn and faithful to my kids to go through with one, lol.

Things have worked out great. We are now planning our escape from Oregon in a few years to retire to the wonderful State of Idaho, Northern Idaho that is.

Never have I wanted to move so badly, but alas, I must be patient.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Speaking of which, I just found 460 rounds of .45 ACP Black Talon (in an ammo can marked "22 LR" :rolleyes:).

The original Black Talon, not SXT/Ranger/etc.

So now I just have to find the missing case of rifle ammo.
I have a box of that in .45 ACP. Box of 20 with one round missing for some reason...:eek: If I had all twenty rounds, I would sell it as I hear it's a bit of a collectible item these days.

I have a box of that in .45 ACP. Box of 20 with one round missing for some reason...:eek: If I had all twenty rounds, I would sell it as I hear it's a bit of a collectible item these days.

Yeah, it seems to be selling for about $2-3 per round on GB?

Right after I heard about this:

I went out and bought a case of 500 because I thought they would ban it. I had already tried it in my primary defense pistol and it was the one JHP ammo that worked the best at the time in that pistol.

Maybe I should sell it?

I found a box of .45acp and ended up buying a Kimber Ultra Carry II to go with it. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this sort of thing...

Years ago I was cleaning out the garage, and had just tossed a box of junk into the trash bin. On top was an old worn-out wallet I had quit using long ago. An idea popped into my mind when I saw it, so on a whim I dug it out of the trash and opened it up to check inside a hidden inner pocket. Yep, sure enough, the $20 bill I used to keep in there for emergencies was still there! :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top