JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The following is a PM I recieved on another internet forum:

Dear Member,

After an initial review of your account and account history, we have determined that you are offering nothing substantial to the Ifish community. You have only posted in the Life in General section three times in three years, all of your other postings, close to 200 of them, are related to the firearm classifieds.
We will be performing a thourough review of your account to determine whether to either disipline or suspend your account.

The Ifish team.

Immediately after getting this I wrote back and told them to close my account as I wanted nothing to do with a community that looked down on someone who is legally buying, selling and trading firearms.
Those of you who know me on here know I'm nothing but a legitimate business man, I was quite disgusted with the attitude of Ifish.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them on Ifish?

I-Fish used to have a link on their home page called "Doing business on I-Fish." If you have a business and want to run ads in their classifieds you have to clear it with Jenny (the owner) first.
I am sure it involves support/donation/sponsorship of some kind.

This may help: http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=228903

There are some scary-liberal-progressive types over there, but the site itself isn't anti-2ndA as far as I know.

I got banned off of ifish a few years back for a small thing. I disagreed with a mod and it went to the queen and I was history. Don't sweat it! There are a lot of good people on the site though.

ifish is not like McDonalds - "You will get it our way." :s0112:

they will be the first to tell you that since it is privately owned there is no free speech there, they dont care or want to hear your side of any story.. If you arent in the "in crowd" then you should assume you aren't welcome to express yourself or your ideas. It's how they've ran that site for years.

It is however NOT Jennie, its her moderation team that is so dramatically out of control. She is a super nice little old lady that has bad eyes and breast cancer. She is not the one sending the emails.

There are more than a couple other NW fishing and hunting forums that have much better atmospheres, just take a look around the web for a minute and you'll find some.

It would be odd for a forum that revolves around fishing and hunting to be against the 2nd amendment.

I think the point that they are making is that IFISH is based on hunting and fishing. The classified section is just a small service for members that are active in the forum as a whole. The point is that your activity and interest on the forum seems only based on the buying/selling/trading of firearms. That is why they have a 50 post min and member min time, to be able to post item in the hunting classified section. I don't know if this is a good way to treat members, and I would think that a person could enjoy the forum and never make any type of post in the hunting/fishing sections. I enjoy all of IFISH as I am a outdoors based person. But I love to sell/buy/trade firearms too. So, I really don't know what to think of this action.

John

they will be the first to tell you that since it is privately owned there is no free speech there, they dont care or want to hear your side of any story.. If you arent in the "in crowd" then you should assume you aren't welcome to express yourself or your ideas. It's how they've ran that site for years.

Sounds a lot like BArfkom.

I think the point that they are making is that IFISH is based on hunting and fishing. The classified section is just a small service for members that are active in the forum as a whole. The point is that your activity and interest on the forum seems only based on the buying/selling/trading of firearms. That is why they have a 50 post min and member min time, to be able to post item in the hunting classified section. I don't know if this is a good way to treat members, and I would think that a person could enjoy the forum and never make any type of post in the hunting/fishing sections. I enjoy all of IFISH as I am a outdoors based person. But I love to sell/buy/trade firearms too. So, I really don't know what to think of this action.

John

I agree with John as well. Been a member on there since its infancy. It really started as a fishing only chat group with just a handful of members. I really miss those days.

As with a lot of sites it grew and grew. More things were asked to be added and when they added the classifieds it was what we considered a "safe" area to buy and trade goods. We knew each other and did face to face transactions. It was a good feeling to be trading with a small group of "friends". With growth, issues started to surface.....kinda' like Craiglists problems. They were loosing the "safety" that this site offered us and they tried to control it with the 50 posts and other requirements. If you really only made 3 LIG posts and everything else was in the classifieds then it is apparent to me what your intentions were. There are other sites better suited to your dealings.

The Ifish site was created solely for the sharing of fishing tips, tricks and areas to go.....everything else was an after thought. To pay for the growth they had to take on sponsors.....just like this site. You have to take it for what it is. Just like this site there are great people on that one as well and I enjoy both sites because they both offer me something based on my interests.

I wouldn't be mad at them for it....they are trying to protect us. I think that site has over 30,000 registered members and can you imagine how hard it is to control that?

The following is a PM I recieved on another internet forum:

Dear Member,

After an initial review of your account and account history, we have determined that you are offering nothing substantial to the Ifish community. You have only posted in the Life in General section three times in three years, all of your other postings, close to 200 of them, are related to the firearm classifieds.
We will be performing a thourough review of your account to determine whether to either disipline or suspend your account.

The Ifish team.

Are you sure they don't have you mixed up with someone else? Very few of your posts are in the classifieds and most of your posts are just general stuff in the LIG board. You haven't been on the board for three years....about 2

Immediately after getting this I wrote back and told them to close my account as I wanted nothing to do with a community that looked down on someone who is legally buying, selling and trading firearms.
Those of you who know me on here know I'm nothing but a legitimate business man, I was quite disgusted with the attitude of Ifish.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them on Ifish?

I think they have you confused with someone else. You have not been on the board for three years (about 2 1/2). Almost all of your 147 posts are general things on the LIG forum. They have something screwed up on there. I wouldn't just quit, have them explain it to you. Just doesn't seem to match up with what they told you?
:(

Well, can we talk about fishing here? I think would like to give it a try, but know absolutely nothing about it. I inherited some old reels that my Dad used in and before the 50s. One is a fly casting reel. Are such items considered collectors pieces?

Any site that bans members for joining/starting another site doesn't sound like one I would wish to join.

I was going to wait until after the upgrade to add a specific section on fishing, but I might as well just add it now :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top