JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today I sent my paperwork to the CMP to purchase an M1 Garand! I ordered the .30-06 CMP Special Grade with new stock and Criterion barrel. I'm hoping to get into shooting some Garand matches once I learn up on how they're run!

Just keep your thumb out of where it doesn't belong! :)
It is impossible to happen while loading.
It usually happens while cleaning or dicking around with the bolt while unloaded.
When empty, don't put any appendage in front of the bolt unless the little finger edge of your right hand is stopping the charging handle from going forward. Read your booklet, and all the Armorers corner on the CMP site.
Do an M1 thumb search and read up. It CAN"T happen while loading or when there is a clip inserted.
Have fun!

I bought three 30 carbines [ Rock-Ola, IBM, M1A1 inland ] and a correct grade M1. Back then 30-06 was 24 cents a round or so. Still have about 2500 rounds on clips and in boxes. I was happy with all the guns. And the customer service is the best. It's a honor in a way to own a WWII CMP rifle. I think of the men who used them. The sacrafice these men and boys made. You get to own a piece of history. How cool is that!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top