JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you are smart, you'll try the Fried Rice variety. In the water used to simmer the rice and vermicelli mix either 1/4 cup of lemon juice or stir in a small amount of Teriyaki to taste.

Believe me, it makes the flavor of this side dish come alive.

You must take into consideration that I cook for one. This limits my cooking large amounts of food. (Too much tends to putrefy and go to waste).

Wisdom and practicality dictate my menu choices.

Rice-a-Roni, a can of diced tomatoes (drained), some sliced black olives and a # of ground beef or chicken or turkey (fried).

Freeze the remainder in a plastic bag, no muss, no waste! :D

What's wrong with Rice-A-Roni? We have kids and buy it at every Winco outing. Makes a decent side dish and some of the flavors are pretty good. We also buy 25lb bags of rice as my family eats it all the time!

Rice-a-Roni is "the San Francisco treat" (having been produced by Golden Grain since 1958). I wouldn't want to live there, but the product's "jingle" has been a catchy one since it's inception.

My parents taught me how to cook and eat frugally as a youth. This didn't mean live on carbohydrates, but to balance them with meats and vegetables, as well as fruits.

Believe it or not, "steak and eggs" in the morning are one of the most cost-effective (as well as nutritious) meals you can eat in the morning. You can run your body upon this meal for six hours and be ready for a healthful lunch.

Why did I read this? I ate one half cup of oatmeal for brunch at 9am as my wife is trying to help me diet. Been starving ever since. Came home hangry and as I'm on my "throne" this is the first new thread that comes up. I'm going to eat a 3000 calorie dinner right now. Peace.:cool:

Why did I read this? I ate one half cup of oatmeal for brunch at 9am as my wife is trying to help me diet. Been starving ever since. Came home hangry and as I'm on my "throne" this is the first new thread that comes up. I'm going to eat a 3000 calorie dinner right now. Peace.:cool:

Have you tried the liquid diet?

I find if make sure at least 75% of my calories come from alcohol... i usually don't really wanna eat much solid food anyway, going this route

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top