JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@leadcounsel, I pointed out earlier in this thread that so-called fudds are not really the problem in WA for losing I594 and I1639. It is the initiative system itself. I will say it again for some clarity.

Only an estimated 28% of WA residents own firearms. Only a pitifully stupid majority vote is needed to pass an initiative in WA. 72% of WA residents DO NOT OWN GUNS.

As long as the deep war chest of the antis fund ridiculous gun control initiatives, which seem to be able to be added to ballots no matter how illegal they are or how crookedly they were misrepresented, they will pretty much succeed. Even if it loses, the National Anti groups still win. Even if it is challenged in court and overturned later, they STILL win. They have a winning formula, now. Just convince most of the unarmed WA populace that 1) guns are dangerous 2) only this law will keep you and/or your children safe and 3) lives will be saved - easy victory. The anti backers don't care about the legal challenges, it won't be THEIR MONEY. The state, by way of taxpayers, funds their defense and pro 2A citizens or organizations fund the other side, using our limited resources. Its bloody genius, like on a Dr. Evil level of genius. This is not an accident. And this explanation is just the "simplified" version.

Antis play local-initiative chess on a national level, while local 2A plays only checkers defense, running to put out one fire at a time. We need to either change the game, or punish the arsonist.

:s0025:

I'm leary of statistics and don't believe the 28% figure quoted. Regardless, many who don't own guns still live in rural areas of self sufficiency and or still presumably value the RIGHT. Look at the numbers. Enough didn't vote who would have made a difference if they had voted against it.

I digress. This state is not for me whether it's lack of ownership or stupidity or pure apathy or if they want to turn this into California and ruin it with dung in the streets and homeless camps everywhere, and destroy the Bill of Rights in the process.

@leadcounsel, I hear you and understand your frustration, believe me. We all do. My point is that getting all WA firearms owners to vote against these types of measures isn't enough. Depending on the NRA and other 2A groups and just donating to them isn't enough. They both can help, but we need to be a lot more aggressive and work towards strategic goals as a community if we are actually going to tip the scales. We need to learn and fully understand the framework of how these laws happen so it can be changed or countered - in a coordinated effort. Antis across the country sre demonizing the NRA. That is just part of their plan. Yet, we are not effectively countering that (in my opinion) by reciprocating the demonizion and harrassment of Everytown, Moms Demand Action, Brady Campaign, CSGV, Violence Prevention Center et al. Waiting decades for SCOTUS to finally rule in our favor isn't a replacement for organized resistance. These groups need to lose their funding and publicly be reduced to PNG (persona non grata) status. In the spirit of full disclosure, I am planning to move to MT in a few months for a variety of reasons. But, the anti plan can happen anywhere simple majority citizen initiatives are available.

Gee, it seems almost a shame to get back to the original topic at hand. BUT. I finally got the newly-acquired Bushmaster out to the range to try it out. Twice, in fact. Round count fired about 250, three different loads. No issues, it never once gagged. Accuracy was about what you'd expect for one like this with a handle and open sights. No dime-sized groups. But part of that is eyesight. I am plenty happy with it for as long as I'm allowed to retain it.

I'm used to the Colt aluminum mags. When shooting this rifle, strictly at random I grabbed a steel aftermarket type. I didn't like the feel of it as much for some reason as the aluminum.

My impressions about Hodgdon CFE 223 powder have been reinforced. Very dirty. And that's a funny thing. This has been my experience with this propellant in .223 before. But I've read comments online both ways. Some say very clean, others say very dirty. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the charge level. Maybe the powder burns cleaner at higher pressure loads. I don't load hot. I load in the middle or even on the light side. Although previously I've had some loads that felt hotter than I like when using it. I've discovered that Hodgdon data for CFE 223, at least in the three rifles I've fired it in, seems understated. So I advise starting low when using it. Cheers.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top