JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought another. Cabela's had a rack of Bushmaster XM-15E2S police trade-ins for sale, $500 each. They had the "restriction" stamps on the right side of the lower, I guess made during the Clinton ban era. Some were scratched up a bit from police handling, but a few were pretty nice. I selected one that looked pretty good. Bbl. is marked 5.56 and 1-9. Windham, Maine marked. This is the carbine version, 16 in. bbl. A2 stock, carrying handle on the upper both of which are features I prefer. My own interpretation of the use of this cartridge is not one for long range shooting. Not knowing what the future holds for these, I am placing a bet. But at $500, it isn't a very big bet.

My money hasn't been paid yet, when I asked, I was told that Cabela's has reinstated the veteran discount of 5%.

I used my I-1639 training certificate, kindly provided online by Sporting Systems of Vancouver, Wash. Many thanks, guys. I asked the so-called "outfitters" (retail sales lackeys) at Cabela's how I-1639 had affected their sales of such rifles. They said most people who come in asking about them have never heard of I-1639, much less the requirement for a training certificate.

Oh, I don't have the rifle in my possession yet. Courtesy of I-1639, I am waiting while they investigate me. I will be notified when a "proceed" is granted.

Considering their history I'd have found one with lots of wear. I'd like to have one at some point with 'history' other than just me owning it.

Good find though!

I asked the so-called "outfitters" (retail sales lackeys) at Cabela's how I-1639 had affected their sales of such rifles. They said most people who come in asking about them have never heard of I-1639, much less the requirement for a training certificate.

Passage of I-1639......

It's probably because they didn't care enough to vote or to read what the initiative actually said. But then, the anti-I-1639 folks, were sort of doomed......by the complicity of the media and spending of the pro-gun controls crowd. Either way..... SAD, Sad, sad.......

Aloha, Mark

PS.....not to mention, maybe this.

WA-I-1635-Rural-vs-Urban.gif

Last Edited:
Courtesy of I-1639, I am waiting while they investigate me. I will be notified when a "proceed" is granted.

OMG!! I feel so much SAFER. Never mind that you already own another AR.

So, progressive of WA and waiting periods are just so.......NOT an INFRINGEMENT.

Aloha, Mark

Lowers, you should invest in

A couple of things going on here

(1) Economics. Seems to me that I could buy parts to build my own lower receiver into a whole rifle. And likely spend between $400 and $500? Maybe less if I got some deals on parts. But I prefer having the factory made rifle, usually commands a little more respect than a parts gun. I have one parts gun that I assembled, works fine, I've never really liked it much because it's just a parts gun. One of the few guns I own that I don't care when it gets scratched.

(2) Legal issues. Correct me if I'm wrong, a lower receiver by itself is not considered a semi auto rifle for purposes of I-1639. So by buying the complete rifle, I'm putting myself on a list somewhere. I'm already on a list at the DOL from buying pistols. So I don't worry about such things overly. I'm old, they can't hurt me all that much and don't have that much time left to do it.

Serialized AR lower receivers are traceable, it just takes authorities longer to do it. Also subject to a background check as are complete firearms.

When the ruling establishment changes laws, you just have to figure out how to deal with it each in his own way.

Picked it up today. Came home and took it apart, looks very little fired. The bolt cam pin shows only minor wear. The plum color on the lower only shows in photoflash, looks black in person. I've read that this coloring is indicative of pre- Freedom Arms production Bushmasters. It has a 1-9 HBAR barrel. With military discount and taxes, came to $517 and change.

2WYhDm8.jpg

ia4D1U9.jpg

Unlike most used guns sold at Cabela's, this one had a clean barrel that had been oiled. That has driven me crazy, used guns offered for sale with dirty, cruddy, verdigris-growing, copper fouled barrels. It's been Cabela's policy, takes too much labor to clean them all. Several times, I've asked them to run a patch or bore snake through so I can get a better look which they will do.

The 30 round mag that came with it had been modified to accept only 5 rounds.

"They said most people who come in asking about them have never heard of I-1639, much less the requirement for a training certificate."

This is what shocks me more than anything. These people who sat at home and probably didn't even vote allowed one of the stupidest law ever created get passed. And now are out trying to purchase one of the "forbidden" rifles. I have no sympathy for these people.

I bought another. Cabela's had a rack of Bushmaster XM-15E2S police trade-ins for sale, $500 each. They had the "restriction" stamps on the right side of the lower, I guess made during the Clinton ban era. Some were scratched up a bit from police handling, but a few were pretty nice. I selected one that looked pretty good. Bbl. is marked 5.56 and 1-9. Windham, Maine marked. This is the carbine version, 16 in. bbl. A2 stock, carrying handle on the upper both of which are features I prefer. My own interpretation of the use of this cartridge is not one for long range shooting. Not knowing what the future holds for these, I am placing a bet. But at $500, it isn't a very big bet.

My money hasn't been paid yet, when I asked, I was told that Cabela's has reinstated the veteran discount of 5%.

I used my I-1639 training certificate, kindly provided online by Sporting Systems of Vancouver, Wash. Many thanks, guys. I asked the so-called "outfitters" (retail sales lackeys) at Cabela's how I-1639 had affected their sales of such rifles. They said most people who come in asking about them have never heard of I-1639, much less the requirement for a training certificate.

Oh, I don't have the rifle in my possession yet. Courtesy of I-1639, I am waiting while they investigate me. I will be notified when a "proceed" is granted.
WAIT A MINUTE!!!! Are you saying that to buy and AR in Wa, one is required to have training prior to purchase? :eek:

I am new to WA and am definitely not aware.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!! Are you saying that to buy and AR in Wa, one is required to have training prior to purchase? :eek:

I am new to WA and am definitely not aware.
STOP RIGHT HERE, DON'T PASS GO!
We Gotta get you up to speed here Rikky Tick!:eek:
Better check the new state laws, lots of infringements in front of you!
@Sporting Systems is your #1 resource for info on all of this and they offer an on line "training Option" you can take to get your state sanctioned Training, free of charge! God help us, I hope we caught you before you run afoul and get in trouble!

Better have a once through the threads here, lots of good info on all this!
This should get you started!

Last Edited:
STOP RIGHT HERE, DON'T PASS GO!
We Gotta get you up to speed here Rikky Tick!:eek:
Better check the new state laws, lots of infringements in front of you!
@Sporting Systems is your #1 resource for info on all of this and they offer an on line "training Option" you can take to get your state sanctioned Training, free of charge! God help us, I hope we caught you before you run afoul and get in trouble!

Better have a once through the threads here, lots of good info on all this!
This should get you started!
Holy moley.
Fortunately I got all my good stuff before coming here. I will be sure to read on.
Thanks.

"They said most people who come in asking about them have never heard of I-1639, much less the requirement for a training certificate."

This is what shocks me more than anything. These people who sat at home and probably didn't even vote allowed one of the stupidest law ever created get passed. And now are out trying to purchase one of the "forbidden" rifles. I have no sympathy for these people.

Sadly I said this when this passed. Many other gun owners got real mad when I said this law was NOT the result of "us being outnumbered". I said this is gun owners who can not be bothered with voting. Many gun owners do not like to hear this. Well now I keep hearing it over and over again. Gun owners who had no idea this law went in. Which means they could not be bothered to stay even slightly informed and vote. Many who find out about the law will then blame everyone else, like the NRA.

Sadly I said this when this passed. Many other gun owners got real mad when I said this law was NOT the result of "us being outnumbered". I said this is gun owners who can not be bothered with voting. Many gun owners do not like to hear this. Well now I keep hearing it over and over again. Gun owners who had no idea this law went in. Which means they could not be bothered to stay even slightly informed and vote. Many who find out about the law will then blame everyone else, like the NRA.
It makes me wonder, Did fellow gun owners even know any of this was staring down the barrel at them? I wonder if any of them even knew any of this is coming at them? I mean, we here knew all about it, but were a pretty small group here, and outside of here, I bet this was intentionally kept quiet, much like all the Bullsh!t that they tried to sneak through here in OryGun with I.P. 43 and 44 last go around! Remember the MSM owns the message and controlls what folks see and hear, so if a bunch of normally conservative folks who are fed up with all the political crap simply didn't know any of this was happening? Scary, but if it were not for this sight, I wouldn't know 90% of the crap that goes on in the anti gun politics!

It makes me wonder, Did fellow gun owners even know any of this was staring down the barrel at them? I wonder if any of them even knew any of this is coming at them? I mean, we here knew all about it, but were a pretty small group here, and outside of here, I bet this was intentionally kept quiet, much like all the Bullsh!t that they tried to sneak through here in OryGun with I.P. 43 and 44 last go around! Remember the MSM owns the message and controlls what folks see and hear, so if a bunch of normally conservative folks who are fed up with all the political crap simply didn't know any of this was happening? Scary, but if it were not for this sight, I wouldn't know 90% of the crap that goes on in the anti gun politics!
Remember when the Mandatory Federal "insta check" on all firearms sales went in couple decades back? That was all over the news. Yet that first Christmas I had family working at a couple stores that still sold guns like .22's back then. All day they heard the frustrated employee's who had to deal with this. People walk in want to buy Junior a .22. shocked to find they could not just fill out the paper and walk away. That they had to wait for the store to get on the phone and get a Gov agency to say it was OK. When the system did not work and they were told sorry, not now, these people were always shocked. None had any idea this new law had went in. Nothing has changed.

@Sporting Systems is your #1 resource for info on all of this and they offer an on line "training Option" you can take to get your state sanctioned Training, free of charge!

This is how I got the "training."

Sadly I said this when this passed. Many other gun owners got real mad when I said this law was NOT the result of "us being outnumbered". I said this is gun owners who can not be bothered with voting.

With respect, I still disagree with the idea that if every gun owner had known about this, and every gun owner voted against it, I-1639 wouldn't have passed. The very large group of middle ground voters believing it to be "reasonable" would've still carried the "for" vote. I completely agree that it's pretty pathetic that a good many gun owners still don't seem to know about this. It's my opinion that gun owners should all be continuously aware of the many dangers to their 2A rights and it's difficult not to see it happening on a daily basis.

It makes me wonder, Did fellow gun owners even know any of this was staring down the barrel at them? I wonder if any of them even knew any of this is coming at them? I mean, we here knew all about it, but were a pretty small group here, and outside of here, I bet this was intentionally kept quiet,

I can't say that there was a conspiracy of silence surrounding this issue with regard to the media. I just don't have the dirt. But there's news and there's news and editorial control can cause that which makes it and which doesn't. The proponents of I-1639 had plenty of billionaire money to do with as they pleased. Advertising, or whatever. Whatever might include "greasing the skids" with media, who will ever know for sure? With mainstream media, it doesn't take all that much grease anyway.

This is how I got the "training."

With respect, I still disagree with the idea that if every gun owner had known about this, and every gun owner voted against it, I-1639 wouldn't have passed. The very large group of middle ground voters believing it to be "reasonable" would've still carried the "for" vote. I completely agree that it's pretty pathetic that a good many gun owners still don't seem to know about this. It's my opinion that gun owners should all be continuously aware of the many dangers to their 2A rights and it's difficult not to see it happening on a daily basis.
I never say every gun owner, there is a lot of gun owners here and 99% or more of them knew all about this. Many don't ever get their heads around that we here are a small fraction of the people who own firearms. Many of the ones who are not here or some other "gun groups" never hear of stuff like this. Many deny it because they want the "problem" to be we are hopelessly outnumbered. All you have to do is talk to ANY large gun shop. Ask them how many customers are still coming in with no clue this law went in. Really believe any of those gun owners bothered to vote?
People can deny it all they want but the real problem is gun owners are their own worst enemies. Many of them either do not vote at all, or worse yet actually vote for the people who are passing laws against them. Even here many gun owners wish Hilary had won. Many, and I do mean MANY gun owners are all in on every new compromise that is suggested. The idea being "I don't own an AR so if they will leave me alone I will support more laws." This all works fine until some new law finally hits them. Then they scream about how did this happen. Over and over again. I have been watching this now for decades as I watch many gun owners say it's not a happening :s0054::s0054::s0054:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top