JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just became an NRA instructor it is interesting to see how some people think.
When you can give people the facts about what o is really trying to do they have join the NRA and OFF.
It is really great to help people see the light out side what the media is feeding them.
A couple of people WILL NOT join the NRA, OFF or even sign up for emails because they don't want to be on a list.
I is amazing how scared they are of the government.
Has anyone found a way to get through to someone with this kind of mind set or am I just wasting my time.

I usually let them know if the government wants to know anything about you, they will know it. They can read match books from space, you are not hiding if you are in their cross hairs.

I am usually amazed at how these people seem to think the government gives even one C R AP about them. I dont know if it is ego to think the government is going to care about john smith and what he is doing. Most businesses keep records of what you are doing. That information in some ways is more valuable then the items you actually buy. If you are doing something that would get you on a list, you are already on one.

Tell them they are already on a list if they purchased a firearm. This isn't tin-foil hat stuff, it's just stupid-stuff.

Charger ask them or inform them.

1. Have you bought a firearm from a well known store in the last 10 years ? Then you are on a stores list.
2. Have you bought ammo or guns with a credit or debit card ? Then your bank has these records.
3. Do you have a drivers license, then your name, birth date and place , nationality, residence and on list.
4. Do you have a CHL. You are on all sorts of lists at that point.

These are small examples, the NRA and OFF do not do any more and do less then most do on their owns anyway.

All of what he said... But more...

Have you ever googled anything firearms related? Ever researched the Perfect Concealed Carry gun? Ever bought a sling off amazon? Ever read NorthWestFireArms?

There was an interesting article about Target and their ability to determine pregnancy in women. They can even tell you how far along in your pregnancy you are, and when your baby is due.

One Target employee I spoke to provided a hypothetical example. Take a fictional Target shopper named Jenny Ward, who is 23, lives in Atlanta and in March bought cocoa-butter lotion, a purse large enough to double as a diaper bag, zinc and magnesium supplements and a bright blue rug. There's, say, an 87 percent chance that she's pregnant and that her delivery date is sometime in late August.

And recently The Truth About Guns did an article about how, very soon, a national gun registry won't even be needed due to the data mining abilities.

My point is that if even Internet marketers like me have access to data that lets me know you like Jeeps, guns, and college football. I can't imagine it would be too difficult for our friends in the intelligence community to piece together — with the help of Google, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft, Verizon, AT&T and a new 1 million square foot data center — which guns in particular you own.

Now throw in Visa, Verizon, and any other mega corp that you use... add a dash of Patriot Act along with a search algorithm and they can compile any list they want.

And lastly... NYTimes.. How Companies learn your secrets

Also linked to your Guest ID is demographic information like your age, whether you are married and have kids, which part of town you live in, how long it takes you to drive to the store, your estimated salary, whether you've moved recently, what credit cards you carry in your wallet and what Web sites you visit. Target can buy data about your ethnicity, job history, the magazines you read, if you've ever declared bankruptcy or got divorced, the year you bought (or lost) your house, where you went to college, what kinds of topics you talk about online, whether you prefer certain brands of coffee, paper towels, cereal or applesauce, your political leanings, reading habits, charitable giving and the number of cars you own. (In a statement, Target declined to identify what demographic information it collects or purchases.) All that information is meaningless, however, without someone to analyze and make sense of it. That's where Andrew Pole and the dozens of other members of Target's Guest Marketing Analytics department come in.

There has been so much data collection going on that everything there is to know about you is already recorded. So far, the only thing protecting you is that these databases have not been connected, and the shear volume of data has been to large to be meaningfully analyzed. Note the past tense in my last sentence. Like Salted Weapon pointed out, you are already on the list. Stand up and be counted or lay down in chains. Your decision - choose wisely.

Why be concerned with trying to make someone think your way? Are you sure you are the one that is right and they are the one that is wrong? There are a lot of posts about people boycotting Comcast because their advertising branch decided to not allow firearms related advertising or people not shopping at retailers who raised firearms and accessory prices during the increased demand, etc. Are they wrong? I don't see anything that needs corrected because someone doesn't care to participate in a system they don't believe in. Some I don't agree with but I don't feel a need to change their minds.

You have a some sort of government record on you since birth... yes even you old farts BEFORE SSN's were automatically applied for from live birth. I'm an old fart becasue I never bothered to apply for my SSN until I was 15 or so. There is vital statistics info on everyone post victorian-age... period.

Its not ALWAYS a bad thing to be recorded somewhere becasue it can save your arse in certain circumstances... its the misuse of said vital statistics that needs to be wrangled under control and kept in a "3-lock box" with STRICT CONSTITUTIONAL PROTOCOLS for its use.

When applying for their Club Card, I told them my name was Abraham Lincoln.
Always got a kick out of the cashier saying "thanks for shopping Safeway, Mr. Lincoln."

I always use "Skip Towne" or "Ben Dover" especially when I'm waiting in line and they are going to call your name over an intercom.

I just became an NRA instructor it is interesting to see how some people think.
When you can give people the facts about what o is really trying to do they have join the NRA and OFF.
It is really great to help people see the light out side what the media is feeding them.
A couple of people WILL NOT join the NRA, OFF or even sign up for emails because they don't want to be on a list.
I is amazing how scared they are of the government.
Has anyone found a way to get through to someone with this kind of mind set or am I just wasting my time.

You're wasting your time.
These are the same boneheads who don't vote and then scream from the barstools that NRA, SAF, CCRKBA and the rest of us "didn't do anything to stop...." whatever.

Thanks for the input.
I never though about how Google, stores, banks, credit cards and debit cards all can build a profile on you.
So if the government wants to find out what you do, I'm sure they can.
What surprised me is the people I am talking about are not the tin foil hat kind of people.
I have some good points to have them think about.
I will try it and see if I can get them see the light.
Thanks Charger

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top