JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
background: family is from England. Here on work visa. 2 children both in college. Have been in country 12 years.
I have known this family for about 10 years.

Against his wife's wishes husband bought a shotgun.
Wife vents on Facebook that husband bought his Christmas present early.

Bad enough that wife posts the purchase online.
Here is the part that leaves me speechless.
One of wife's friend's commented back. (This person I assume lives in England)

"Glad I do not live in a country where I would have to make such decisions."

I originally signed up on facebook to see what family and close friends were up to.
I have 2 of 3 in college with the third kid a senior and college bound next year.

I am seriously considering closing my account do to all the people i know that appear to be just insane.

For the good 2-5 funny thought out posts there are 30-40 that just raise my blood pressure.

Sorry if I offend, but England is a lost cause. The Scots, Irish and Welsh should cut ties and absolve themselves with that nation ASAP. History for England is repeating itself for them as they are turning into England of 1938 when Hitler and his Third Reich about turned England into a smoldering pancake.

Sorry if I offend, but England is a lost cause. The Scots, Irish and Welsh should cut ties and absolve themselves with that nation ASAP. History for England is repeating itself for them as they are turning into England of 1938 when Hitler and his Third Reich about turned England into a smoldering pancake.

As a dog returns to its vomit,
so fools repeat their folly.

Proverbs 26:11

LOL!!

I can't speak for the Welsh, but many in Northern Ireland and Scotland, where my Dad was born, would like nothing better than being able to cut their ties with England.

The governments of England, Scotland and Wales share a common set of laws regarding firearms.

The government of Northern Ireland is different. There, although airguns have to be licensed, handguns of any kind are permitted, unlike the mainland, where a massacre of sixteen 1st grade schoolkids and their teacher in 1996 in Dunblane, Scotland, by a Scottish pedophile with a grudge and legally-owned handguns, brought about the handgun ban on ALL of mainland UK.

FYI - ANY person over the age of 18 can apply for a shotgun license. It is up to the police to prove that the applicant is not suitable, otherwise, the applicant, providing he/she does not have a police record, is not on leisure drugs and has an otherwise good character, may have his two or three shot shotgun. Anything more, such as the semi-auto or pump used in Practical Shotgun [a British invention, I bleeve] requires a full firearms licence.

Firearms with rifled barrels are a different matter. To own a firearm, one must have 'good reason'. In law, that means -

1. target shooting in a Home Office-approved gun club [there are none that are NOT approved].

2. game shooting on land deemed suitable by calibre and with the permission of the land-owner, inless, of course, you ARE the landowner [look up British Deer Society and BASC.]

3. professional necessity - game warden, pest controller and so on.

4. veterinarian of large animals, ie, a rural veterinarian.

There are about 6 million legally owned shotguns in the UK, excepting Northern Ireland, where there are about 300,000. Northern Ireland also has a CCW policy, with around 3000 citizens currently carrying on a daily basis. On mainland UK There are about 1.8 million licensed firearms holders, with around 8 million privately-owned firearms. I have eighteen - fifteen rifles and three handguns [two BP and one long-barrelled revolver].

A quick trawl of the internet will show you that shooting sports are the second most popular participation sport in the entire UK, and has the best safety record by far of ANY sporting activity. If you can spare a minute, look at my channel on Youtube - tac's guns - to see what we get up to. Many of the folks you see on those little movies have between thirty and fifty guns each, BTW. Much like all of you, of course. Our little club has recently spent almost half a million dollars on upgrading our facilities, with over half of it coming from the 300+ members themselves.

The world champion young shotgunners are all British - mostly girls. The world champion shotgunner is the British George Digweed, for about the tenth time.

So saying that shooting sports don't happen here is total baloney. Why do you imagine that you have a rifle match called 'The Wimbledon Match'?

tac

The governments of England, Scotland and Wales share a common set of laws regarding firearms.

The government of Northern Ireland is different. There, although airguns have to be licensed, handguns of any kind are permitted, unlike the mainland, where a massacre of sixteen 1st grade schoolkids and their teacher in 1996 in Dunblane, Scotland, by a Scottish pedophile with a grudge and legally-owned handguns, brought about the handgun ban on ALL of mainland UK.

FYI - ANY person over the age of 18 can apply for a shotgun license. It is up to the police to prove that the applicant is not suitable, otherwise, the applicant, providing he/she does not have a police record, is not on leisure drugs and has an otherwise good character, may have his two or three shot shotgun. Anything more, such as the semi-auto or pump used in Practical Shotgun [a British invention, I bleeve] requires a full firearms licence.

Firearms with rifled barrels are a different matter. To own a firearm, one must have 'good reason'. In law, that means -

1. target shooting in a Home Office-approved gun club [there are none that are NOT approved].

2. game shooting on land deemed suitable by calibre and with the permission of the land-owner, inless, of course, you ARE the landowner [look up British Deer Society and BASC.]

3. professional necessity - game warden, pest controller and so on.

4. veterinarian of large animals, ie, a rural veterinarian.

There are about 6 million legally owned shotguns in the UK, excepting Northern Ireland, where there are about 300,000. Northern Ireland also has a CCW policy, with around 3000 citizens currently carrying on a daily basis. On mainland UK There are about 1.8 million licensed firearms holders, with around 8 million privately-owned firearms. I have eighteen - fifteen rifles and three handguns [two BP and one long-barrelled revolver].

A quick trawl of the internet will show you that shooting sports are the second most popular participation sport in the entire UK, and has the best safety record by far of ANY sporting activity. If you can spare a minute, look at my channel on Youtube - tac's guns - to see what we get up to. Many of the folks you see on those little movies have between thirty and fifty guns each, BTW. Much like all of you, of course. Our little club has recently spent almost half a million dollars on upgrading our facilities, with over half of it coming from the 300+ members themselves.

The world champion young shotgunners are all British - mostly girls. The world champion shotgunner is the British George Digweed, for about the tenth time.

So saying that shooting sports don't happen here is total baloney. Why do you imagine that you have a rifle match called 'The Wimbledon Match'?

tac

The problem with the English view of firearms is that most people are not going to go through all of the trouble to own one, so you're left with a defenseless population, so much so that you have Islamic radicals chopping off soldiers heads in broad daylight. This is what happened in the 30's when England placed a ban on firearms after WW1, then after the Germans wanted to destroy England the commoners had to defend themselves with rolling pins and frying pans.....that is, until the NRA and US started shipping guns to the UK.

The Brits of 1940 were some of the bravest folks on the planet. My mom was a refugee from Belgium, retreating for 3-weeks under the blitz, through a panicky collapsing France. Her ship was the only vessel of 3 to make it to England. She always talked of the calm, order, and organization that she was greeted with when making it into Dover. This, at a time when the UK had lost much of its equipment and arms on the beaches of Dunkirk. England then was pretty much like today regarding firearms, remember that the police had a tradition of being unarmed. Ask the Nazis what they thought of the British soldier. I definitely owe my life to these people and would never down them.

tac

I really enjoy your posts tac!

I had to youtube "German Buzz Bombs" and watch. Horrendous, you'd think mankind would learn!

Mike

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top