JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My 26 year old son lives in Seattle and his girlfriend and her family are lefties. I was just talking to him about the riots and he said there was only one bad night in Seattle and was all for the protesting and started going down the list of typical leftist talking points.

I told him that a white person has a higher chance of being killed by the police than a black person. I said it was a fact and if he didn't believe me, he could look up the actual facts regarding the police and black Americans. He didn't believe me and refused to look up facts. So I asked him why he wanted to be angry. I said he obviously doesn't want to learn the truth and wants to be purposefully ignorant of facts. Why? He said because his girlfriend is and his friends are and it's easier.

Sad that a boy raised in a good conservative home could turn out so stupid.

Last night I was watching a live feed of the Portland Protests and the lady said, "we are being peaceful but they are using violence against us, they are using tear gas against us". Seattle banned tear gas and the portland mayor is expected to today. The mayor also asked police to stop using stun devices, rubber bullets, and just recently their sound canon. Just the other day the city council asked police to stop using tear gas.

So if rioters are trying to set fire to the justice center (which has inmates inside of it) for a second time, what exactly are police supposed to do? Their job is to keep order and protect the prisoners. It seems like these folks will only be happy if the police sit back and watch and do nothing else. I mean nothing else. They have painted "kill cops", "kill all cops" all over downtown. Every night they chant, "all cops are bast&rds" and "quit your job" over and over. The mayor seems to only echo what the mob is saying. What tools do police have left? They already say "Please stop throwing projectiles", "please stay off the fence" (to the justice center) at least 100 times before they do anything. And they only do something when it is actually needed (such as attacks on them via projectiles or breaking down the fence), not on peaceful protesters (speaking of portland only, I don't know about other locations because I haven't watched their live feeds).
Dude it's Seattle/ West side. Imagine the most stupid things and things that make no sense. Seattle will do it. That unfortunately is the same mentality that runs this state in Olympia with that imbecile Inslee. It's why my family will be leaving this state as soon as our daughter finishes college. It's Montana or Wyoming. The california like stupidity is already in places in Montana. It's a shame. They leave Californistan because they hate it but bring that stupidity with them and ruin the new place they moved to. That's how you know liberalism is a disease, or mental illness. No one can truly be that stupid, can they????

My 26 year old son lives in Seattle and his girlfriend and her family are lefties. I was just talking to him about the riots and he said there was only one bad night in Seattle and was all for the protesting and started going down the list of typical leftist talking points.

I told him that a white person has a higher chance of being killed by the police than a black person. I said it was a fact and if he didn't believe me, he could look up the actual facts regarding the police and black Americans. He didn't believe me and refused to look up facts. So I asked him why he wanted to be angry. I said he obviously doesn't want to learn the truth and wants to be purposefully ignorant of facts. Why? He said because his girlfriend is and his friends are and it's easier.

Does your kid know you're taking potshots at him on the internet?

It's a shame but I have a brother just like him. He refuses to look into all the crap he hears on cnn and msnbc. He truly is what we refer to as a democratic sheep. Unfortunately I think they are lost.

Last night I was watching a live feed of the Portland Protests and the lady said, "we are being peaceful but they are using violence against us, they are using tear gas against us". Seattle banned tear gas and the portland mayor is expected to today. The mayor also asked police to stop using stun devices, rubber bullets, and just recently their sound canon. Just the other day the city council asked police to stop using tear gas.

So if rioters are trying to set fire to the justice center (which has inmates inside of it) for a second time, what exactly are police supposed to do? Their job is to keep order and protect the prisoners. It seems like these folks will only be happy if the police sit back and watch and do nothing else. I mean nothing else. They have painted "kill cops", "kill all cops" all over downtown. Every night they chant, "all cops are bast&rds" and "quit your job" over and over. The mayor seems to only echo what the mob is saying. What tools do police have left? They already say "Please stop throwing projectiles", "please stay off the fence" (to the justice center) at least 100 times before they do anything. And they only do something when it is actually needed (such as attacks on them via projectiles or breaking down the fence), not on peaceful protesters (speaking of portland only, I don't know about other locations because I haven't watched their live feeds).

If you disagree with ANYTHING they say, you are a violent, racist, binary, homophobic, sexist, white privileged, rapist, science denier, who eats newborn babies alive.

There, that just about covers all the current slurs they use to shut up dissent today... :rolleyes:

Portland bans the use of LRAD.

I told him that a white person has a higher chance of being killed by the police than a black person.

According to Snopes there are more white people killed by police than black people because there are far more whites than blacks in America. However, black Americans are several times more likely to be killed in police shootings than white Americans are. When a disproportionate segment of a population has a larger percentage of their people killed by police, they get cranky and protest. There is a distinction between protest and riot that seems lost to some here; protest is a Constitutional right (First Amendment), rioting is a criminal act that should be dealt with accordingly. Tom

Because tear gas is hateful.

IMG_6228.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

According to Snopes there are more white people killed by police than black people because there are far more whites than blacks in America. However, black Americans are several times more likely to be killed in police shootings than white Americans are. When a disproportionate segment of a population has a larger percentage of their people killed by police, they get cranky and protest. There is a distinction between protest and riot that seems lost to some here; protest is a Constitutional right (First Amendment), rioting is a criminal act that should be dealt with accordingly. Tom

Can we all agree that comparing population numbers is irrelevant if you don't control for population size?

1591553644121.jpeg

What you're saying is not true. In 2019 alone, Black people were more than 2.5x more likely to be killed by police than white folks. They were also 1.5x more likely to be unarmed when police kill them.

Why would you lie to your son and the people of this forum about the murder rates of black people by police?

Why would you go on a gun forum and trash your son behind his back?

Isn't raising a boy in a good conservative home about leading by example?

Proverbs 22:6 — Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

I remember back in the day when defacing public property and trashing your city were crimes. Now it seems to be virtue signaling. Disgusting.

I support people's rights for peaceful protest but poeple who attempt to burn buildings (especially with poeple locked inside), looting, and senseless vandalism they should be locked up and made to pay all clean up costs.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top