JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Saw this on another site."

This should be interesting....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBfpXXRTXQ

A group of Sheriff´s deputies and a local Bail Bondsman entering a woman's home without warrant!

<broken link removed>

7 News discovered a youtube video of Kern County Sheriff's Deputies and a bail bonds enforcement officer entering a local woman's home after she told them they couldn't come in without a warrant and her consent. With the evidence she caught on tape, the law seems to be on her side.

"I don't need a warrant," the bondsman said as he appeared to enter on his own into the home from a back door on the youtube video.

There were also sheriff's deputies at the front door. Deputies and bail bond enforcement officials have different laws but a local bail bondsman not affiliate with this case said what happened in this case was against the law.

"If you see the person go in, you can go in," Glenn Pierce, the owner of Gotta Go Bail Bonds said. "But you just can't go in randomly."

The woman who lived at the home told 17 News her name is Star. She said she is in hiding because threats were made against her. She also said deputies and the bail bondsman violated her rights by forcing entry into her home after she stated she was the only one there.

Attorney H.A. Sala says based on the video evidence, the Sheriff's Department could have a lawsuit on its hands because of the way they forced into the home without any knowledge of the wanted person being in the home. "They have to knock, state a purpose, say they have a warrant and give time for the person to surrender," Sala said.

Authorities were looking for Joseph Baker who was arrested for battery on a peace officer in September. They were also looking for a man named Alan Gjurovich because he co-signed on Baker's bail bond which Baker forfeited by not showing up in court. Gjurovich is in hiding but spoke to 17 News by phone. He said the sheriff's department is trying to stop him from filing a lawsuit against the county that could damage county judge and clerks' credibility.

"They're trying to scare us out of town and out of the county," Gjurovich said. "The message I was getting, they were giving us a 48 hour ultimatum--give them what they want on Joe Baker or they will personally come down and arrest me."

Sheriff Donny Youngblood confirmed the deputies in the video are from the Kern County Sheriff's Department, but he said he can't comment because an internal affairs investigation is being launched.

"barring restrictions applicable state by state, a bounty hunter can enter the fugitive's private property without a warrant in order to execute a re-arrest. They cannot, however, enter the property of anyone other than the fugitive without a warrant or the owner's permission."

That means if either of the dirtbags they're looking for used that address for anything they don't need a warrant, which seems to be what the bondsman was saying. I usually don't feel too bad for criminals, or those who harbor them.

LOL! "I could buy one of those at Disney Land".

...So, what is the law here in Washington?
Do police need a physical piece of paper to enter?
Can the bail bondsman just enter in as well?
Did she surrender her rights by opening the door?
Does she have legal recourse?

Sounds like a bunch of idiot deputies taking legal advice from a bondsman dumb enough to make "Dog The Bounty Hunter" look like Clarence Darrow. :s0114:

I hope they all the the pants sued off them.

I have no love for the criminals, but this time I am on this lady side. I dont care if she hidden the criminals or not but the cops and the bailbond should not freely walk right into her house. If they have the search then that's fine, if they need to surround the whole neighborhood to arrest the scumbagg then that fine too... But they can't just walk right into another person home, this is America...we are not in Mexico. What happen if I am decide to become a bailbond and decide to walk into your house and tell you in a threating tone tell you get away from me?

The cops and the bailbonds in this video acting exactly the Northern Vietnamese (Communist), I was a kid when the communists came into my house and rob everything. Watching this women loosing her right raising my temper at those LEs. &&(*&*(^%

Interesting..... the lady said "no he does not live here". Without a SEARCH warrant, nobody can enter without her permission, which she decidedly did NOT give. Seems these clowns thought they were above the law... "I don't need a warrant". Indeed.... I hope she does sue. IF she gets a fair hearing, she'll win. We have no clue why they went to HER house.... what grounds they had for thinking they might find their man there.
That bail guy was a trip, too... thinks he owns the planet or something. HE should also be charged with tresspass, breaking and entering, some such. Make it criminal. Without him actually SEEING his man enter, or inside, the house, he has no right to enter. That cop in her living room was a real piece of work, too.... disrespectful, arrogant...

Funny, but my first tangle with any sort of court was in Kern County Calif.... I left that place thinking the whole legal system was crooked. Didn't involve the sherrifs, though.

Somewhere it mentioned that she has gone into hiding, as the cops seem to be making threats against her..... maybe someone's afraid he'll lose his job, of there will be a big scene at the Kern County Sherrif's office.....
clowns... abiding by the law isn't THAT hard.....

Hmm... Medford last month, Kern County this month......

I would love for this to happen at my house, I would have killed them as they came through the door. Any bondsman out there wanna give it a try?

There was a well known case in Arizona where bail bondsmen broke into a home, got into a shoot out with a guy in the back bedroom...he died..the bondsmen were wearing vests....Wrong house...bondsmen faced some serious charges...

It's my understanding that a guy wanting bail, signs a release from the bail bondsmen that they can come get him, ect ect..he's signing his rights away in effect..so it makes it legal.

Where is get's sloppy, if the guy on bail is living at your house as a roommate, ect...which is pretty common...because not too many criminals own propery...so the the bounty hunters bust in on you, thinking you might be harbouring this guy....as that was his address...this happens all the time to the brothers, sisters, mom and day, who put up the bail....

Now cops have long been able to get around needing a warrant......if they 'smell marijuana'...or 'see a felony in progress' or my favorite 'the guy behind the screen door might have been going for a gun' ect ect....

I have personaly witnesed in Ca, LEOs coming to the door to serve a bench warrant for BS divorce civil stuff, and if the guy at the door had said 'fine, will head right down to deal with his' cops would have had to leave...but his kid opened the door, let the cops in..once in...they arrested the guy took him away, because they had crossed the door threashold..

I am told in similar circumstances...all the cops have to see is a hand resting on the door jamb, just crossing the threashold ect...they pull the guy out, usually a warrant thing....

Have also witnessed a cop coming to a domestic dispute call, like child abuse...requires cops to do a 'welfare status' on the 'victim', which means your either bringing them out, or they are coming in...one time one cop was called to a total bS domestic dispute, cop on the other side of a fence, told the owner to call off his barking dog...as the owner approaced to ask the police officer what it was about..the cop, shot the dog dead, from the other side of the fence, came through the fence, cuffed up the owner, went into the house, to check on things...nothing was wrong, uncuffed the owner, ...sorry I shot your dog, have a nice day..

What is the chance that the home was that of a person on prole or probation.......you think you need a warrant for that?
Likely the homeowners or the resident of the home "Allen" signed away their privacy to get said bail jumper out on bail.

Not everything is as it may appear in a video......

More of this to come indeed...

The more people arm themselves with cameras and/or camcorders to keep LEO's on their toes and honest, the better.

Remember folks: Pics or it didn't happen.

I hope she, as well as the people SSG discussed, fight them tooth and nail. If this keeps happening without the victims raising a stink and publicizing the matters, it will set precedent and soon we will have given up a little more freedom.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top