JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just really don't. When folks complain about Glocks and blame "grip" angle it makes me think they maybe just can't adapt to any gun that isn't a 1911. I mean, I own Glocks, M&P's, several revolvers and even 1911's. I have NEVER considered grip angle to be an issue. Use a combat grip (modified for revolvers of course), point it, line up the sights and shoot. The small angle difference between them all doesn't slow me down.

What about the Ruger MK series. Not the 22/45 but the MK? Nobody complains about the atrocious grip angle. Why not?

This isn't a Glock fanboy thread. Think what you want but I've been more into M&P's lately regardless of my avatar. Oh, and I've considered a liquidation of some hardware to put an STI DVC in the safe, so there's that.

For a lot of people Glocks just aren't comfortable I don't like glocks because I have to cant my wrist too far forward to be comfortable for me. I much prefer a median grip angle that is more than a 1911 but less than a Glock like a CZ or EAA.

For a lot of people Glocks just aren't comfortable I don't like glocks because I have to cant my wrist too far forward to be comfortable for me. I much prefer a median grip angle that is more than a 1911 but less than a Glock like a CZ or EAA.

I made this thread to learn and try to understand. What do you mean you have to cant your wrist forward? Where does it naturally point when you present one?

I made this thread to learn and try to understand. What do you mean you have to cant your wrist forward? Where does it naturally point when you present one?
generally I end up pointing higher than I normally do like the front sight is high because on a draw I am not used to the grip angle so under duress I might end up pointing high when I need it.

generally I end up pointing higher than I normally do like the front sight is high because on a draw I am not used to the grip angle so under duress I might end up pointing high when I need it.

Hmm, interesting.

Hey, I don't get it either. Unless it is a real dumpster-fire, a piece is a piece, and I've adapted to all kinds of pistolas over the years.

That's what I mean. How many pistols have been created over the last 100+ years that didn't utilize the 1911 grip angle? Too many to count. Were they all just too hard to hit a target with?

Loved.
upload_2019-5-6_19-58-22.jpeg
Hated.
upload_2019-5-6_19-59-35.jpeg

Does it make any sense, nope.

I like all guns equally. Even those that others don't. I've always liked the mechanics of them. They are pretty unique things once you nerd out on them.

Yeah. I just read all the time how people can't shoot a Glock because of the grip angle. I never understand it. I EDC a Glock because they are stupid reliable and I can hit what I aim at. Are they my favorite handgun? Nope. Some might be shocked at this, but they actually aren't at all. They work when needed, and that's what I ask for in a tool I rely on to save my life. Do I like shooting them more than anything else? Not even close.

That's what I mean. How many pistols have been created over the last 100+ years that didn't utilize the 1911 grip angle? Too many to count. Were they all just too hard to hit a target with?
not really just under speed I have issues lining up my sights on time I shot a USPSA style training course with a glock and noticed I had to force my sights down or I would end up shooting high. I have a lot of training with CZ's and other guns with less grip angle and it definitely affects shooting.

Loved.
View attachment 577001
Hated.
View attachment 577002

Does it make any sense, nope.

I like all guns equally. Even those that others don't. I've always liked the mechanics of them. They are pretty unique things once you nerd out on them.

Yeah, same for me. The mechanics of what it actually takes to spit a projectile at blinding speeds and hit what was intended always fascinates me.

In my research I found this post over on AR15.com.......

My favorite is when a guy in a gunstore picks up a Glock, places his hand ultra-low on the grip, tea-cups with his support hand and strikes his best T.J. Hooker Weaver Stance while squinting through one eye and then pronounces that the "grip angle doesn't point naturally". He'll often then follow this up by placing the gun back on the counter with a look of disgust.

This gunstore cowboy performance art is occasionally taken to it's apex when said practitioner of dumbassadry picks up a Taurus Judge and comments on how you get "three shots for one". icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

:p

Grip angle doesn't matter much to me if I'm using the sights. As I draw and begin to acquire the sights, my hands automatically adjust to line the sights up regardless of the angle. When shooting close range, I might be a smidge off when shooting something other than my duty weapon, but its not enough to matter.

Put your arm at your side, now make a gun with your hand(index finger pointing out and thumb up) Now quickly raise your arm and point at something, that is your natural point. Now you can adjust the point by bending your wrist but why do it if you don"t have to.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top