JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cuz they would also come down in price to probably the $150-200 area;)
That or everyone would be strapping there own home brews on the end of everything using supplies from the Home Depot.

I've got a bunch of them. On one end there's my single shot 22 rifle that only shoots shorts and on the other end a full auto Thompson.
Nobody asks to take off the suppressors, just like nobody asks to shoot the full auto's on single shot.
Once you've got them, you won't shoot without them.

Once you've got them, you won't shoot without them.

59291167.jpg
:D

I have been running them for some time, and I find they DO affect accuracy in a positive way as they dampen/change barrel harmonics! Average group sizes shrunk by almost 1/3 with out changing load, and especially running hyper sonic loads. Subs once developed specifically for the Rifle AND it's Can do not change P.O.I. for me at normal ranges!
Sound attenuation varies by type of suppressor core design and construction, this is where the most heated discussion comes, but mine will significantly cut the BOOM from Hyper sonics, and almost completely eliminate sound from Subs, the only thing you hear is the over pressure escaping the Can long after the bullet! I can shoot Hyper Sonics with out hearing protection with no ill effect, the sonic crack of the bullet is much louder then the BOOM behind it!:D:D:D

I go shooting once in awhile with my foster son. He has three, or four cans now, I think. I was shooting his AR and what got me was all the gas coming back in my face. I would think that if you put 2-3 hundred rounds through that in a range visit you'd have to have black dirty stuff all over your face. That's not saying that if the price to own several came down to something reasonable I wouldn't be buying into it though. :D

I won't have one as long as they are an NFA item. If they were suddenly deregulated and untaxed, I'd have one (or 5) tomorrow.

For the same reason that I have more firearms than I need for any application. Because they are FUN. Yep, me likes my toy's.
For a practical use, my bedside handgun is suppressed. If I ever have to fire off a shot inside my house, I want to still be able to hear the intruder or maybe a second intruder moving around.
I don't hunt, but if I did, I would also like to be able hear after a shot. My 308 scout rifle is really loud. I forgot to put my muffs on once. Ouch, I won't forget again.

I own one and it lives on my SBR. The whole point for me was to get while the getting was good. Like mentioned before turning 18 while the Brady Bill was in effect impacted my decision making process for life.

I think I'm in the don't quite get it camp. I don't hate them, not at all; I just don't think they're really my thing. I've shot a few that other people own, from .22lr to .300BO. They're neat and all that, just not something I really see myself investing in.

I'm primarily a recreational shooter, and I enjoy collecting and shooting an eclectic variety of mostly old guns. I'd have to get a bunch of different cans and threaded barrels if I wanted to enjoy the benefits very often.

That's not to knock other's interest in and use of them. They just don't seem to be for me. Honestly even if they only cost a couple hundred dollars and no restrictions, I doubt I'd have one. Well maybe one, just because. :)

And you won't get it until you actually use one. Shooting without one is uncivilized,,,;)

I wondered if suppressors affected accuracy since the crown on a barrel is so vital; not a factor?

I've seen them tighten up groups, with wolf crap ammo. If anything, they do help accuracy,,,

Seems to me the best real-world use for them is for home defense. Sure, you won't carry a suppressed pistol with you, but keeping one handy by the bed is a different story. Then if you ever need to shoot it in the house, you're at a much lower risk of deafening yourself and the rest of the family.

And you won't get it until you actually use one.

Indeed. Over the years, I've noticed that those that poo-poo them often, with few exception, have little to no trigger time with suppressed firearms.

Beyond that, as to the cost, the market is skewed to the upper-end because of the legal category they are in. Simply put, someone willing to go through the hoops wants quality that lasts. If they were as easy to buy as a Title I firearm or an unregulated accessory (which they should be, frankly), we'd likely see the same market dynamic as other firearm items: absolute garbage on the low-end to insanely overpriced "Gucci" on the high-end, and a lot in between.

At the end of the day, at least from where I sit, the investment was worth it, one only lives once, and having gear that will last decades is not a bad thing. To each their own.

Those who complain regarding the cost of items they have no interest in puzzles me.

Me, I don't get those big trucks with V-8 engines when you could have a 4 cylinder smart car, wait, I have a big truck with a V-8 engine...never mind...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top