JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Found on the internet.... lets see...
1) suppressor yup (or a fake one?)
2) red dot sight/tactical sight, yup
3) tactical handguard with rails, yup
4) tripod ok who puts a lever action on a tripod??
5) its a lever action??
6) hand carved skull on stock, yup
7) paracord wrapped lever loop, yup
8) its a marlin? Yup.
9) .30-30 caliber at the minimum? Yup.
10) hand stop on the handguard? Yup.
:confused::confused: I'm not sure if it was meant to troll people or not... I kinda like the idea but the execution leaves a lot to be desired :eek:View attachment 579939

What many of us would be shooting now if the bolt-action had never been invented...

Found on the internet.... lets see...
1) suppressor yup (or a fake one?)
2) red dot sight/tactical sight, yup
3) tactical handguard with rails, yup
4) tripod ok who puts a lever action on a tripod??
5) its a lever action??
6) hand carved skull on stock, yup
7) paracord wrapped lever loop, yup
8) its a marlin? Yup.
9) .30-30 caliber at the minimum? Yup.
10) hand stop on the handguard? Yup.
:confused::confused: I'm not sure if it was meant to troll people or not... I kinda like the idea but the execution leaves a lot to be desired :eek:View attachment 579939

Pshhh. Missing:
  1. Laser
  2. Rangefinder
  3. Flashlight
  4. IR emitter
  5. Flip-up 45* irons
  6. Extra ammo clipped to the side
  7. Dope chart
  8. Flip over magnifier for the optics
  9. Cerakote print job
  10. Gold shoulder strap
Back on topic it does have a "Suppressor" SO cool in my book.

Nice thread, lots of responses. To the original OP, then:

I've lived in WA >20 years (21 and change, to be exact). I came from CA, with increasingly bogus and BS firearms laws back then, to say nothing of now. When I lived there, even taking my SIG P226 to the range was a pain because the only convenient indoor range I found in the Bay Area was hell and gone far from me, with some fat stupid 'RO' who put himself in the way of just about every activity pretty much always hovering around with dumbass proclamations: "No more than one round in the magazine at a time!" sort of insanity, all obviously designed to drive EVERYONE away from handguns in CA. Didn't stop me from owning two. Did stop me from actually using them at the range. I bet they're tracking ammo numbers now, too.

So here in WA, I can own an NFA item. I was never interested until recently, since as you say some law changes make SBRs and suppressors "somewhat easier" to build and own. I read up on it and created a legal Trust, for modest money, and then went to a local WA favorite FFL to complete the purchase of (in my case) a Daniel Defense pistol with permanently pinned suppressor, for a total of 16", meaning only one tax stamp. It's well balanced, "integrally suppressed", and should not require much if any aim adjustments, sub to super, at short range anyway. But we'll see about that.

They walked me through the process the other day. If I did myself a favor with the Trust or now, who knows but that's on the paperwork now. We did it all at a computer kiosk, w/fingerprints too. Pretty slick, pretty fast. I uploaded a PDF of my notarized trust to them, too (later on), scanned by me. Seems I'll need to next DocuSign something, they just emailed me today. So, it's all electronic which saves tons of BS time with "papers" that are garbage/20th Century bureaucracy. Onerous/stupid paperwork will never go away, but if all on eForms it's a helluva lot easier to track and deal with.

So ...Why? Why not, yes it's expensive but it's something new to try, in 300 AAC Blackout in my case, a calibre that is NOT "flash in the pan" like a few others c. 30 cal for AR's past twenty years. The ammo isn't stupid expensive so will be fun to compare/contrast subs vs. supers, in the same magazine if I am so-inclined.

That's all. I have no other motive, other than "curious the process, and now that I'm waiting probably a year for that stamp found it straightforward enough with a little guidance provided by my knowledgeable (Silencer and FFL) dealer!"

Cheap? Exact opposite. Interesting? Oh yes. My right? Why, yes it is.

You've part explained it to an American audience, who might have some ideas about what a 'notarized trust' is, but can I ask you to explain what it is to a iggerunt furriner who hasn't the foggiest notion...?

You've part explained it to an American audience, who might have some ideas about what a 'notarized trust' is, but can I ask you to explain what it is to a iggerunt furriner who hasn't the foggiest notion...?
Trust or the notoriety part?

Trust is a business like entity that any American can create. That entity can own property and be ran or owned by one or multiple individuals. Since dead people can not own property, the trust owns it. Therefore it makes transferring property much easier to living individuals that survive others that are within the trust.

Notarization is a formal method of verification. It is similar to a witness at a trial. They are registered through the state to be a witness to you physically signing a document and other document related tasks. They stamp the document and sign it stating they have witnessed such act.

Trust or the notoriety part?

Trust is a business like entity that any American can create. That entity can own property and be ran or owned by one or multiple individuals. Since dead people can not own property, the trust owns it. Therefore it makes transferring property much easier to living individuals that survive others that are within the trust.

Notarization is a formal method of verification. It is similar to a witness at a trial. They are registered through the state to be a witness to you physically signing a document and other document related tasks. They stamp the document and sign it stating they have witnessed such act.

(What he said (wrote).)

I paid $150 for some fancy-schmancy legal-ese around said Trust, identified recipients in the event of my demise (property transfer), and etc. The notary verified, via DL in this case, that I am who I say I am and residing at so-and-so city state street, address of the Trust too.

Just went through DocuSign from the people who are issuing the Tax Stamp ($208), not sure forum rules if appropriate to plug them here, but basically eSignature Form 4 last details. I thought that very clever. They also have a PDF of my signed, notarized, and all recipients listed Trust. It seemed the easiest path to resolve all the malarkey, but "worth it" is totally subjective. I'm not an Operator, just some IT exec who plinks at the range and doesn't hesitate to try new and interesting ways to "exercise my rights", State level in this case.

Were I in OR, I'd find a way to go-through same to own a Class III (assuming that's what they're still called) on the same theory. Oh well.

Indeed, the Trust does not offer as many benefits post-41F, but there are some:

• Trustees can legally use the items without issue. My wife is a shooter, so this was important to us.
  • It spells out who gets what estate-wise.
  • You can use eForms to file Form 1s.
  • And a few other minor points.

Its simpler to get a Form 1 or 4 done going the "normal" individual route now since the LEO signoff was essentially eliminated. I won't do another on a trust.

I honestly don't care what happens to my stuff after I die. Ive said ths before and fully believe it. When I die my wife will throw most of it in the trash or sell it at a garage sale no matter what I "tell " (Ha!) her and point out in the trust I drafted that she also will throw in the trash says. The kids will come over and pick through whats left and no ones going to do paperwork.

Last Edited:
nc_oc=AQkp1KgSAnhiYDDqVhRvqmYy9mYl3lQqmT0SQ-66iYEHCqZVP7jWl53-BIEkVhYR6hw&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top