JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Help me out. At the RNC convention this summer in the protest area you can carry concealed but don't you dare bring a piece of wood bigger than a ruler, squirt gun, or any string longer than 6" long. Dont get me wrong. Florida state law says municipalities can't impose their own ordinances that conflict with the state law (which I agree with) but going after these other items seems absolutely ludicrous to me.

<broken link removed>

Kind of like when I flew to LV and in first class I was given a real glass and metal silverware. It is all BS. To keep the sheep paranoid and terrified.

Well lets see if I can help you Florida Law clearly states that cities and the people who run cities can't make their own gun laws or restrictions. The law says nothing about Squirt guns or lead pipes along with the paragraph long list of other crap that don't want every tom, dick and hippy walking around looking for trouble to have at their disposal. So they have banned those items. Since the Secret Service has control of the actual convention site there will be no firearms not approved by them at the convention.

Yeah,secret service kinda trumps your local laws
Don't like it?
When you finally get out of Guantanamo Bay,you can file charges against them......if they allow you to:s0155:

hey good luck with all this!;)

Well lets see if I can help you Florida Law clearly states that cities and the people who run cities can't make their own gun laws or restrictions. The law says nothing about Squirt guns or lead pipes along with the paragraph long list of other crap that don't want every tom, dick and hippy walking around looking for trouble to have at their disposal. So they have banned those items. Since the Secret Service has control of the actual convention site there will be no firearms not approved by them at the convention.

The Secret Service has control of a certain area right in the immediate area of the convention. It's the outer area where a squirt gun will get you jailed but your (insert favorite carry gun here) isn't a problem ... as per state law. So basically within in a certain small area of Tampa a 6 inch piece of string and a bright pink squirt gun will land your fanny in the clink. I wish the Florida Tea Party would come out and say this is ridiculousness of the highest order. I am betting they will stay quiet on the issue knowing that it won't affect them but will affect those dastardly, heathen, no good lib's.

its because of the 2nd amendment... you have a right to carry a firearm, not a right to carry a 6 inch piece of string or a fake fire arm... silly, heck ya.

Help me out. At the RNC convention this summer in the protest area you can carry concealed but don't you dare bring a piece of wood bigger than a ruler, squirt gun, or any string longer than 6" long. Dont get me wrong. Florida state law says municipalities can't impose their own ordinances that conflict with the state law (which I agree with) but going after these other items seems absolutely ludicrous to me.

Protest groups nationwide target Republican National Convention in Tampa

Coincidence?

I can't wrap my mind around why anyone would want to go to either the Republican or Democratic convention in the first place. Don't people get enough of these gasbags bloviating about inane garbage they'll never change anyway from TV? Go for a hike. Spend an afternoon at the range. Don't waste time hero-worshipping idiot politicians that are just waiting their turn to pick your pocket while smiling the whole time.

It's kind of the same in Oregon as a whole. We are allowed to carry firearms with CHL in any shape or form, but not allowed to carry certain less than lethal tools.

It only comes across as ridiculous in context. When looked at from another angle, while a baseball bat or squirt gun can be banned, I am glad that laws are in place that don't allow the banning of concealed weapons. If we had a constitutional amendment allowing our right to carry Juicy Fuit gum, we would need another to allow the carry of Big Red. I understand it coming across silly that a .45 is OK, but squirt guns a crime, but thank the Dear Lord that the .45 is protected in the first place. Kip.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top