JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never did, never will. The victor's histories taught by government daycare is the real revisionist history.

You're the one pretending one atrocity justifies another. Same BS, different day. Native Americans massacred colonists so their genocide is justified. al-Qaeda bombed the Twin Towers so mass murder in Iraq and Afghanistan is justified. The criminal state continues its rampage, no lessons learned.
I never said one justified another.
I said both sides committed them. Big difference,... HUGE!

Kinda like the Bataan death march, and the A-bomb.
The atrocities of Hitler's concentration camps and the firebombing of Dresden.
I have before, and will always give a sincere apology for the misdeeds of my countrymen. Even in times of war.

But I'm not so blind, ignorant, or misguided to believe that my government, or military, or individuals therein is/are the only one(s) culpable during war.

When you arrive at an adult perspective, you'll learn there are things one can do something about, and many that you can't.
And when you're busy trying to fix what's wrong, you don't have time, or can spare the energy to continue looking back, other than as a guide.
And certainly not for the sake of assuaging your sense of guilt, or misguided idea of "fair play."

Life is real. And complicated. Simplistic ideas fit will into an adolescent framework of ideals, but not so much in the real world.

So tell me Dman, did you dive voluntarily into that bucket-o-horsepoo you're wallowing in, or did you fall in by accident?
You come off here like you think you're justified in your uber-judgemental Ghandi like posturing, and offer little, other than a defeatist attitude and a Gingrich-esque bombastic delivery.

GTFU!

I never said one justified another.
I said both sides committed them. Big difference,... HUGE!

Kinda like the Bataan death march, and the A-bomb.
The atrocities of Hitler's concentration camps and the firebombing of Dresden.
I have before, and will always give a sincere apology for the misdeeds of my countrymen. Even in times of war.

But I'm not so blind, ignorant, or misguided to believe that my government, or military, or individuals therein is/are the only one(s) culpable during war.

When you arrive at an adult perspective, you'll learn there are things one can do something about, and many that you can't.
And when you're busy trying to fix what's wrong, you don't have time, or can spare the energy to continue looking back, other than as a guide.
And certainly not for the sake of assuaging your sense of guilt, or misguided idea of "fair play."

Life is real. And complicated. Simplistic ideas fit will into an adolescent framework of ideals, but not so much in the real world.

So tell me Dman, did you dive voluntarily into that bucket-o-horsepoo you're wallowing in, or did you fall in by accident?
You come off here like you think you're justified in your some uber-judgemental Ghandi like posturing, and offer little, other than a defeatist attitude and a Gingrich-esque bombastic delivery.

GTFU!

You mad bro?

I love your total contempt for adolescent ideas like "don't murder people to satiate government lust for power". Your apologies for past crimes don't mean much if you support current and future crimes. Perhaps your "grown-up" realpolitik is nothing more than a cover for power madness and moral delinquency.

LOL @ posturing, because calling a spade a spade is now somehow "defeatist". Sorry I enjoy highlighting uncomfortable truths about *all* governments and their vast litany of crimes. :D

What is the write way Dman? How do you go about fixing the world problems? Not a easy task with so many religions,cultures, and points of view of what is right. There is no simple way to go about it and I believe great men have battled to figure out the "right way." If it was only so simple.

Some nations have gone centuries without starting wars with others or attempting genocide. It would be nice if we could go maybe ten years without doing either. Maybe that is too much to ask nowadays.

Funny thing is Burt, usually those nations are protected by other nations or they are so poor that they could not go to war if they wanted. You cannot just stick your head in the ground and ignore what is going on around you, pretty soon someone comes along and cuts it off. One of these days maybe just maybe mankind will get it, but i am not going to hold my breath that that will happen anytime soon. Believe it or not mankind is still in its relatively primal stages, if we manage to live another million years or so we might get a clue.

Funny thing is Burt, usually those nations are protected by other nations or they are so poor that they could not go to war if they wanted. You cannot just stick your head in the ground and ignore what is going on around you, pretty soon someone comes along and cuts it off. One of these days maybe just maybe mankind will get it, but i am not going to hold my breath that that will happen anytime soon. Believe it or not mankind is still in its relatively primal stages, if we manage to live another million years or so we might get a clue.

People don't fight wars because they can't afford to, not because they don't want to murder people? Makes perfect sense. Better watch out, Emmanual Goldstein is coming to cut off your head. :s0114:

By the way, you might want to read about trading empires in history who managed to accumulate great wealth without mass murder and genocide.

Dman that is not what I said, taking a small part of ones comment and twisting for your own agenda is one of the reasons mankind is in the position we are in today.

You said peaceful peoples are either poor or under the protection of some warlike society. That is plainly ludicrous. Read about the Carthiginians, Greeks, Persians, Indians, Hanseatic League, Italian city-states, or the Swiss.

Also, if you can explain how exactly the Vietnamese, Panamanians or Afghans were trying to cut our heads off, I'd appreciate that. Thanks.

They all went to war at sometime in their past. Mankind has been trying to expand and occupy lands from the very beginning. Believe me if the U.S. just ignored every thing around us, someone would be knocking on our front door to get our land and resources, that is the way of the world as of right now. Will it ever change? Hopefully but not soon, too much poverty and lack of resources almost assure that.

LOL @ the US government complaining about savagery.

Also, why'd you think a lot of Native Americans sided with the Brits? Probably because the Crown treated them better than the colonists. After all, the American state has been practicing Lebensraum well before independence. Hitler was very impressed.

Native Americans.. who were they? Your fantasy is that Amerindians were, but they may have only been in control of North America by genociding Kennewick Man and his race. Amerindians raided, massacred, enslaved and tortured other tribes, great folks you are defending here. Territory and resources are held by those willing to fight for it.. PERIOD

I find it illuminating that you mock the Declaration of Independence and the bloody terrors the colonists faced at the hands of primitive stone age tribes

They all went to war at sometime in their past. Mankind has been trying to expand and occupy lands from the very beginning. Believe me if the U.S. just ignored every thing around us, someone would be knocking on our front door to get our land and resources, that is the way of the world as of right now. Will it ever change? Hopefully but not soon, too much poverty and lack of resources almost assure that.

There's a difference between defensive war of self-preservation and offensive wars of conquest. I'd even argue that the Macedonian destruction of the Persian Empire can be viewed as a defensive operation, considering the history. But none of the US wars today are defensive.

Back before WW1 when the US had no army to speak of and was already the richest country in the world, nobody invaded. Nobody invades the Swiss either. Your claim has no backing evidence.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top