Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I didn't know Tommy Chong was a native american

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IheartGUNS, Jul 15, 2013.

1. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;90U2IqXEvSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90U2IqXEvSM[/video]

2. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

Bahahahahahah. He did that that slurred speech to him. Hit the firewater a little hard methinks.

3. coastal steelheader

coastal steelheader Aberdeen Well-Known Member

He's right he didn't invite us. I bet it doesn't stop him from taking our money though.

4. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

Meh, the US government murdered 90% of his people then shoved the remaining 10% into concentration camps with rigid systems of dependency. His taking tax money isn't nearly as hypocritical as the modern-day nativists complaining about new immigrants when the original nativists barged in uninvited and committed mass genocide.

5. Blaylocke

Oh my God. You and them can all get over it. It happened quite some time ago. Nobody seeing their tax money squandered by these people has done a damn thing to any of them. And you can't tell me that now, in this country, they couldn't have lifted themselves out of squalor by now if they put in any effort.

But no. They are victims. And they will always be victims. Those that choose to will forever toil away, abusing alcohol on a reservation. See the Choctaw in Oklahoma if you'd like to see a tribe lift itself out of their tax payer funded ghettos.

Atleast when the government builds them houses, they don't have to knock them all down and start over again ten years later :laugh:

By the way, the immigrants we want and need are skilled and educated ones like the ones we seemingly don't allow now. Not unskilled work. We have enough unskilled morons in this country.

6. dmancornell

That's cute, telling people to "get over" genocide. Hey, maybe if the government indoctrination centers actually taught about the crimes of the US government people wouldn't be so ignorant about this country's history?

You can (rightfully) criticize native American welfare all you want, it doesn't change the fact that the US government is guilty of genocide, and that said genocide was largely supported by nativists, the ideological forbears of the current day xenophobes.

Gotta love how you are accusing the guy in the video of being a welfare parasite simply because of his race. Where's the proof? Also LOL @ the nativists demanding government protection of their jobs even as they criticize government welfare for non-white people. Hypocrites, all of them.

7. coyoteman5

coyoteman5 North south east west Active Member

Just like welfare or the immigration bill some have used it to better themselves and pull themselves up while others have just Leached off of it. Same with the American Indians some have use the government grants and income to better themselves some just leach off of it.
    If I remember right Hitler wrote or commented that he learned from the American government on genocide and used it in his plan. A World power does not become a powerful nation without destroying or crushing or Dominating other nations.

8. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Kennewick Man and his crowd may have been here first, anyway

orygun, OLDNEWBIE, trainsktg and 5 others like this.
  9. xlsbob

xlsbob coos county Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

10. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Try reading the Declaration of Independence to see who attacked who

11. dmancornell

LOL @ the US government complaining about savagery.

Also, why'd you think a lot of Native Americans sided with the Brits? Probably because the Crown treated them better than the colonists. After all, the American state has been practicing Lebensraum well before independence. Hitler was very impressed.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

So tell us Dman, how do we make reparations?
    Or do we just have to up and move away?

And what do the people that are mixed race/euro-native do?

13. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

None of my family on any side was here prior to about 1880 none of my family on any side lived on any ground not long under the control of the USA.

How long does my sentence of being guilty of slavery and genocide run? How many generations of my family who had nothing to do with either enterprise will have to have come and gone before we aren't guilty?

Just curious.

14. dmancornell

Nah, no reparations. No one alive is guilty of genocide against Native Americans.

If only the boobuses would take time to learn from history and stop with the hypocrisy, economic ignorance and racist lebensraum xenophobia. Perhaps that is too much to ask.

15. Jamie6.5

So what you're saying is that rants like yours are basically pointless and baseless and serve no purpose other than to elicit some form of "white guilt?"

And just exactly how long are we expected to have to endure these "pearls of wisdom" you spew?

Like a few others here, I have NO RELATION to anyone that killed or exploited native peoples of the Americas, on one side of my family, but I am related to a few on the other side, albeit about 5 generations ago.

So should I say a daily prayer or something?
    Or can I just move on and ask the natives to do the same?

16. dmancornell

Bwahahaha, white guilt? You said it, not me. In any case, it's not my fault you can't recognize the hypocrisy of descendants of past immigrants who arrived during the open borders era lobbying the government to close the borders, or the ignorance of one who would make fun of a Native American for supposedly being a tax parasite when the government committed mass genocide against his people and imposed those welfare systems onto the survivors to keep them docile.

I suggest you read about the nativist movement in the 19th century and compare their rhetoric with today's anti-immigration movement. Interesting tidbit: guess which political movement were the most fervent supporters of the Native American genocide?

17. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

I've got a little of that Native American blood in me and I say enough time has passed to quit being pissed off about it.

Caveman Jim, Blaylocke, SasNW and 5 others like this.
  18. Jamie6.5

While I firmly believe in learning from history, I tend to worry more about things I can do something about.
    As you said, no one alive today perpetrated genocide on Native Americans.
    Therefore, other than preventing a repeat of the mistake/atrocity that took place over a century ago, (that I've already studied on) I'm not going to worry about it.

And as far as "open borders" go, the very people that are out to keep them open are FAR more interested in exploiting immigrants than those that want immigration controlled.

So go ahead and rant.
    Go ahead and claim your moral superiority.
    Go ahead with your conspiracy theories.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to laugh at your expense, and poke holes in your ridiculous rants/arguments that, by your own admission, serve no purpose.

Have a nice day! :wave:

Blaylocke and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Blaylocke

I agree with some of the others in this thread; When does it end? I have spent years in school reading about the trail of tears, the American Indian Wars. I know how bad I'm supposed to think the United States is. But now what? We can't bubblegum about a tidal wave coming in from the southern border completely changing the demographics of our country because of something that happened to the Indians? I'd say, very very generously, we're a hundred years past the worst of it. Time to get over it. Nobody in this country is responsible for the plight of the Indians today other than the Indians.

20. Blaylocke

All we do in this country is remember. Salted, if I remember right, someone very close to you is Native American. In my response to Dman, I made a blanket statement. I lived in Texas, for example, where right across the OK border they had built up an incredible life for themselves. I don't think all Natives are welfare leaches. However, a lot of them are. I'm down with remembering the atrocities history teaches us. I'm not down with it being thrown in my face to this day.

I will disagree with you on this: "Unless you are part of a race that was enslaved, captured or wiped out you really can not speak with wisdom on the subject."

Every race on the planet has been subjected to slavery in history. White Christians were slaves along Africas Barbary Coast. Who decides where to place the goal posts of history?

There isn't a Native American or an African American alive today who has been subjected to slavery or genocide (it could be argues that blacks commit genocide on themselves. So the fact that they feel they are still owed something is absolutely idiotic and ignorant.