JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you are picking the stuff up it is really nice to have a huge can like Doc shows in his pic. Cannot walk around with it but having it under the seat in the car is good as the small cans are done and out in 20 seconds or less...Really hard to judge time when you are emptying it on a bad guy. Still not that much in there and nice to have a oversize back up can.

If you are picking the stuff up it is really nice to have a huge can like Doc shows in his pic. Cannot walk around with it but having it under the seat in the car is good as the small cans are done and out in 20 seconds or less...Really hard to judge time when you are emptying it on a bad guy. Still not that much in there and nice to have a oversize back up can.

I'm late to the thread, but I have to root for the "Mace Pepper Gun!" It's in the Cabela's catalog. I never leave home without it. It is the size and shape of a snubby revolver for an instant grab and instinctive aiming. It is VERY powerful: a "fat" high-velocity, narrow-cone spray, with an honest-to-gawd effective range of TWENTY FEET! The spray is so fast and hard hitting that there is no back-spray, no fog to get back on you. It also incorporates a blinding narrow-beam high intensity flashlight that acts like a laser sight---the spray impacts on the oval of projected light---if the perp is squinting from the light than you are very likely to hit him. You can even find it in "hot pink" if you are worried about being seen with it. Mace also sells holsters for the Pepper Gun, but I like how it rides in my pocket, where I can casually grip it without anyone knowing.

Also, for those of us who are "too old to fight and too busted-up to run" I found the best deal on a heavy, solid hickory wood cane. It is a "stockman's cane" for guiding balky steers in the feedlot, from Lehmans.com It is probably unbreakable, very hard and heavy, beautiful, and the least expensive cane available anywhere. No prosecuting attorney can challenge you over it, it's not a "fighting cane" which could get you in trouble, it's just an inexpensive, old-fashi0ned cane.

I'm late to the thread, but I have to root for the "Mace Pepper Gun!" It's in the Cabela's catalog. I never leave home without it. It is the size and shape of a snubby revolver for an instant grab and instinctive aiming..
One thing I'd be leery of, personally, would be something like that. I know the coppers carry a taser pistol and all but I remember a couple or so years ago, just a few blocks south of downtown Portland, a bum was in a park scaring people (I think he had a knife but didn't attack anyone) and a cop intending to pop him a few times with a dedicated beanbag pump gun, shot him four times (four payloads) with 00 buck at about the perfect killing/spread distance.. he got hit plenty and somehow lived.. as a cripple.
It's not the same thing but I like my "gun" to be a gun.. always.
Oh, and good on you about the cane.. those can be some serious medicine.

I witnessed an elderly Korean War vet take down a rather big loudmouth drunk in the Sandy Mountain Days beer hall a few summers ago.
I think half the guys there were ready to jump the lout, but when a greyed hair gent with a limp politely
asked the jerk to shut his foul mouth and leave, the guy turned around and started to poke him in the chest saying "What are you going to do about, you sawed off little @#*& hole".
The man calmly looked up to the jerk and said "Something your pa should have done a long time ago" and then he kicked him hard and swift with his prosthetic leg right across his shin.
As the jerk bent over in pain, he took his wood cane and calmly clocked him hard right across the shoulder next to the neck.
Down he went and as he was struggling to get back up, the vet asked him if he would like to apologize to the lady that he had insulted.
His response was "Go to He11 you old basterd".
Two strokes with his cane later, he changed his tune and shut up.
The vet calmly limped out of the beer garden and left before anyone could thank him.
Funny thing was that none of the drunks friends came to his rescue, they beat feet out there in a big hurry.

A can of pepper spray might have been appropriate, I know it worked for me in a similar situation.

As I continue my self defense training and education, I came to the decision to carry less than lethal weapons as well. As an older person at 57, I do not want to go hands on if I can avoid it. But sometimes situations may not call for lethal force or even the presentation of lethal force. A good asp deployed properly can really put the hurt on somebody, and the use of pepper spray in conjunction with the asp is very effective. I really want to run away from any confrontation, but if pushed, I want several options. Again, training, training and training.

You have to understand what to do after using non lethal force and make sure you can control and secure the situation properly. Most times leaving the scene and contacting LE is the thing to do.

I once used a CO2 fire extinguisher on 2 guys trying to come through my car window in a bar parking lot one night. Hosed them down good. Gave me enough time to start the car and get the hell out of there. Something I said to one of their girlfriends inside set them off. :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top