JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting. Must have skated through QC. I imagine they QC every part before it goes out, but humans do make mistakes from time to time. Thankfully not a safety related issue. I probably would have still reported it to them to see if they would consider replacing one or both components, I imagine they just may have done that for you - if your buyer didn't mind waiting.

The spec for a AR-15 gas port hole location from the shoulder should be 295 -.300 for a barrel designed for a hand guard cap.

I don't have the prints in front of me, but I also remember a .275 for some barrels. Maybe that was free float only ..gas block location. The extra .025 is the thickness of the hand guard cap. Floated barrels don't use it.

It ran across a few small issues such as this over the years. Aero always takes good care of me! :)

Common issue. Especially when designed for the hand guard piece and if there isn't one there. I had that issue when I earn free float but I shimmed it out by cutting down the cap for shim only.

Good eye btw...

Ive always left a gap the thickness of a business card between the shoulder on the barrel and the gas block. This is to account for the thickness off the front cap that holds on the hand guard. Without some kind of shim or space, you will not align properly and have a single shot AR.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top