JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Congrats! I'm originally from the upper midwest and it sure is a great place for the outdoorsman! Did you harvest the rice the old fashioned way, using two sticks. one to draw teh rice over the canoe/boat and the other to whack the stems to dislodge the rice? What a fun and relaxing way to obtain delicious food.
Only like my ancestors harvested it. We got 240 finished pounds for our storage.

240 lbs is substantial! Congrats and enjoy the new place. Sounds like heaven (and a lot of work too).

No sir, (although getting the wild rice was no doubt serious work) was speaking in reference to this " We bought a 93 acre off grid Amish ranch/farm/compound. Already set up with a huge barn, home and multiple workshops."

Best to you, the new place of 93 acres sounds fantastic (but a lot of work too:) .

I'll never leave this board. Is already good to go as far as being set up. We've made great friends with the Amish and are beginning to learn their ways and it's great. I've open field I can see from the back porch has deer coming through all winter.
The Amish are never affected by anything

Talking animals & there care here primarily, as to what not to take on too much of, too soon. Other " things" project wise can be built up towards without having immediate impact if missing the daily care. However stay realistic...

Be very sure to warn your family not to trust those talking animals, especially the sheep. It's well known that sheep lie.:s0030:

On another note: Sounds like you and your family will enjoy your new life, best wishes for your future endeavors. :s0062:

Thanks, we are excited. There is a section (about 6 acres) that is not fenced and I call it the kill zone because deer come through there all winter and eat.... Oh and I can see it from my bedroom deck...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top