JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I made the jump. Paid for my first suppressor today. In for the wait...not sure if I want to do a trust. Figure I'll be filing paperwork in a month or so...any advice is appreciated.

Picking up a silencerco saker 7.62. The intended use will be the AR, my 30-06 and 22-250. Debating muzzle devices...especially for the 22-250.

If you buy it without a trust, and later decide to go the trust route, it will cost
you another $200 to get it transferred to the trust.

I've thought a lot about that. Problem with it is the fact I don't share my firearms. I'm not married, my daughter is 8, and besides my parents (who aren't really into guns), there is nobody I'd include...

I have wondered about building an SBR from a parts kit. Suomi and sten 9mm being the preferred kits...not sure I could live with myself if I left them with mom and dad even if they were in a trust. Lol

I had a very good friend pass away from cancer and his will said "Wife gets guns"
He left behind a full auto Thompson and suppressed Mac 11.
The ATF wanted to destroy them, but $15,000 worth of lawyer fee's and a year long state probate over them, finally got them secured into a family gun trust.

Don't you have a favorite nephew or best friend that you could leave your gun collection to in case something happens to you expectantly.
The best part of transferring ownership of a form 1-4 item in a gun trust is that it only costs $5.00 per tax stamp.

I have a lot of cousins, a few aunts/uncles...no nephews or nieces. I wouldn't claim any close friends close enough to include in a trust. My two closest friends are felons...who screwed up young and have yet to have their records expunged. In my position, I see little to no benefit from a trust. The one I do see, is shorter wait times.

What's up with the having to resubmit every two years stuff?

Do the trust. It's a pretty simple process and once it's done you can edit/modify at any time. Even if you don't have family to pass them down to, maybe you have a couple friends that you trust that you would like them to go to if anything ever happened. Plus, it doesn't require your CLEO sig for each item.

Well, you all pushed the buttons. Lol. Looking into a trust. In doing so, how does the liability fall when/if items are stolen? Co-trustees able to purchase items thru the trust too? How many states will a trust be legal? Many more questions that seem to have answers going every direction.

As an FYI, I have guberment lingo...I had my fill while active duty.

I put mine into a trust and put my wife, and best friends onto the trust so we can share it, you can always add people in the future to the trust. Mainly for me the trust allows friends to borrow the suppressor and use it if they want and its not a fed offense..

Do you have a personal will made out. If you don't and you drop dead expectantly, then somebody is going to be messing with your form 4 tax stamp possessions and it will probably be a court appointed probate lawyer.

I figure if its this way... I can create a trust and put ones self onto it as the main, and then down the road if I want to add someone, I just have to have them notarized on the document and boom.. all done.. so really its not about if you have multiple people now.. as much as it is future proofing yourself and your investments.. because really.. suppressors are investments..

For those in the know; who or what trust is the best one to go with for Oregon state? Im hoping for something iron clad, protective and possibly the use as a living will. Been talking with my father about adding him as a co-trustee. Are the co-trustees able to purchase NFA items thru the trust or just the main trust holder?

Also curious where the liability lies with all members of the trust if an item is stolen. Who or how does the trust protect member or items if legal issues arise?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top