JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have been wanting a Ruger Mk IV since they came out, but could not see needing anything more than the Buckmark that I already owned. Well.....last night I came across the Sportsman's Warehouse 22/45 Lite in FDE and it broke me in more ways than one. I have thought the 22/45's were novel and the "Lite" version with their fancy colors interesting, but that FDE hit me like when I bought my first KTM MXC250 in 1984. Needless to say, I made it down to the store last night and came back with this:

22-45.jpg

Will shoot it like this for a bit, then swap the rail for an Outerimpact red dot mount with a FF3. :):):)

UPDATE 2/26: Went with the Burris

IMG_20200223_092117003.jpg

Last Edited:
I have been looking at getting one of these for a while now too, colors are great but I just found out about the FDE today and agreed it's gorgeous. I really like the back the the gold accents, usually not my style but for some reason it's the one that stands out to me. Although my daughter says I should go pink, so we'll see

Last Edited:
Wife bought me one for Christmas when they first hit and you could not lay hands on one. Was the first time either of us had tried on line ordering. I did LOVE it, just hated the design of the MKIII. When the MKIV hit then they had that mass recall all the shops around here were saying a year to get one. That was when I discovered Davidson's. Soon had one. It goes with me to the range weekly. Use a quick mount so I can slap a cheap Bushnell Dot on and off. They are just a ton of cheap damn fun. The weight makes them dandy for teaching new young shooters. Even kids enjoy them.

Very nice! I've got a couple other older 22/45's in the stable but just picked up a MKiv 22/45 lite last week too! I was able take it out on my birthday last week and was very impressed, although the trigger is a little heavy. I've ordered the Volquartsen kit for it. Congrats on your very nice pistola!

I've got one too with a vortex red dot and a can. Really fun to shoot. Just need someone to make a drum or mag that hold far more than 10rds.
I just started my wait for a can which is the reason for getting it. How does yours sound? I'm worried the action will be pretty loud but love the Ruger pistols and had to get a threaded one.

I wanted one for a while, but was never thrilled with Ruger's plastic frame or the LCI upper. The aftermarket is ripe though, so I decided to build one out of aftermarket parts instead.

The result is a Volqs lower and a PacLite upper. The only Ruger parts are the bolt and the mainspring assembly.

The Volqs trigger is easily the best I've ever felt- breaks like a glass rod.

withsight.png

Nothing wrong with a 22/45. Darn good gun. Had 2 at one point. Honestly, besides the horrible take down, I preferred the Gen 3. The safety on the 4 got in the way and no one makes a smaller aftermarket safety.

So I have been wanting a Ruger Mk IV since they came out, but could not see needing anything more than the Buckmark that I already owned. Well.....last night I came across the Sportsman's Warehouse 22/45 Lite in FDE and it broke me in more ways than one. I have thought the 22/45's were novel and the "Lite" version with their fancy colors interesting, but that FDE hit me like when I bought my first KTM MXC250 in 1984. Needless to say, I made it down to the store last night and came back with this:

View attachment 660583

Will shoot it like this for a bit, then swap the rail for an Outerimpact red dot mount with a FF3. :):):)

UPDATE 2/26: Went with the Burris

View attachment 663672
I want one of those bad! Besides, I buy anything that color.