Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I could no longer stand the giant hole in our home and my heart...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PlayboyPenguin, Aug 5, 2010.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

...so allow me to introduce our newest family member, Mavis. She is our brand new 9 week old English Bulldog. She comes from a very reputable breeder and has a distinguished heritage. The vet today says she used to do exams for the English Bulldog Club in New York and that Mavis is a very fine example of a dog.

Her full name is "Lady Mavis Faye of Maybel" which roughly translates to "a spring song as feminine and beautiful as Maybel." That was our attempt at honoring our lost love, Mabel.

I finally could not take it anymore the other night and began looking up respected breeders in our area. The closest I could find with pups available was almost two hours away. This was at 9pm at night but they agreed to stay up and show her to us that night. So after a long late night road trip we have our new little girl.

So far all I know for sure that she likes to do is sleep (while snooring loudly), eat, and chew...and that she is as cute as a bug and very stubborn. She will never be able to replace mabel, but with time she should win her own place in our hearts.

We considered getting another Pug but we were afraid we would be trying to replace Maybe...or worse we would end up comparing the new baby to her. Saying things like "You are not as cute as maybel." "You are not as well behaved as Maybel." "You are not as loveable as Maybel." We dicided it best to get something totally different. We will hopefully be ready for another Pu by the time Sam passes (12 year old MinPin).

Pardon the low rent cell phone pics. I cannot find my camera again.

Relaxing on the couch

Mavis11.jpg

Mavis10.jpg

Relaxing in the yard

Mavis8.jpg

Mavis7.jpg

Mavis5.jpg

Eating some grub...and a landscaping

Mavis4.jpg

Mavis12.jpg

2. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Awesome pup! It's great to see you doing something positive and constructive out of such a rough event.

3. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

She is adorable.

I hope to God that the lousy person that was so cruel to Mabel, does not do the same to this new love.

Good luck with your new puppy. :)

4. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

AWESOME!!!

I love EBDs...........Boxers also.

5. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

Aweeeee loook at teh puppy!!!!

6. Carpenter98312

Carpenter98312 Washington Member

YUPPIES!!!! Good For You.....

7. macdougall29

macdougall29 Newberg, Oregon, United States Active Member

Totally Awesome Dog!!!:thumbup:

8. CJ49er

CJ49er Lake Oswego Member

What a cutie!!

grats on the new pup:thumbup:

9. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Congrads on the new family members. Now do like I have to do with my step daughters and tell her to go wash all that eyeliner off! :p

10. theflyguy

theflyguy Beaverton, Oregon Member

Good looking pup....take care of her, make sure she gets plenty of excercise and see the vet on a regular basis

Great addition to the family.

11. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Great looking pup! Already chewing on the garden light. :laugh: Just remember when you find the heels gnawed out of your favorite pair of shoes that God made puppies cute so you won't kill them. I say this as someone who has raised 4 labrador pups and just gave up on buying house slippers years ago. :laugh:

12. JennyC

JennyC Portland, Oregon Member

I love that bottom picture of her! She is soo adorable!

I'm happy you have a new pup to love :)