JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went out there today around 7:00 (left from my house at 5:50). WOW.. folks really don't clean hardly any of the shotgun shell hulls..or brass, or steel cases or scrap metal they'd been shooting..or much of anything really.

I went to my shooting spot (A ways out there) cleaned before I shot
(Actually found some .223, 5.56, 9mm, 7.62x39, .40s&w and .45acp brass) along with a ton of live .22 brass, and shotgun shell hulls.
Now I cleaned my area collecting everything I could find, I also cleaned the 2nd area I went to just as well (Lots of 9mm brass)

Lastly the 3rd spot and also the 4th shooting area off the road with the tallest backstop was just littered with 12 and 20g hulls.. now my back was getting pretty darn sore after cleaning the first two spots and maybe only a 1/4 if that of the last. I should have had 3 fellow NWFA shooters out there with me to get the place looking nice. If I didn't have to work tomorrow I would have cleaned all I could or until the truck was full.

And to the fella and his son (I think) Thank you for the .357 brass. It was nice pay for my clean up of part of that area. I was the guy in the Pest Control Truck. Hope I didn't encroach on your shooting session. Hence why I drove further down the road.
(They left as I was cleaning a spot further down the road.)

Wish they would have rolled up the sleves and picked up a little even if they didn't make a mess.
..You know if they put just a little bit of gold in the base of all the shotgun shell hulls and steel cased ammo.. people might just pick up all the spent cases.

Also, why shoot the trees? I can't tell if its red necks or city folks who think they're Weekend Rambos (Hence all the nice brass laying around in my first spot..) I feel a true seasoned shooter might have picked up a little as well as collected most of the brass. I don't reload but I'm thinking I just might now. Perhaps go out once a month after the weekend when all the city folks have shot all that real nice brass cased ammo and just make a clean sweep and dial in my new toy of the month.
Anyhow, thats just my tale of the day. I wish you guys safe and happy shooting. :s0155:

its really annoying to me with all those shotgun shells laying around. A while back at the main quarry pit in browns camp. It was so bad it looked like I stepped inside a huge bag of skittles :(

I just don,t understand why people leave there trash. It reflects bad on the rest of us who use the woods to shoot. Thanks for your service in helping to keep things clean,wish there were more willing to do the same. Most of the brass I use is what I have picked up over the years.

I'm going shooting today, and part of my regimen is to bring garbage bags with me to pick up what other buttholes have left behind. I truly hate those people.

When me and my roomies go out, we bring a trash bag dedicated to picking up crap (mostly shotgun shells). We toss all the brass that we can find in a bucket (.22 included if we can pick up large piles of it), and we shoot over a tarp so that we pick up our own .22 easily enough.

We spend more of our day picking up than we do pulling triggers.

Our first shooting spots have been closed off (probably due to trash), so we have been left with Browns Camp for our casual outings... Which is again, always littered with crap.

At my regular spot in the hills, I decided to drive in a little further than usual. I found a secluded former yarder platform, and proceeded to pick up two kitchen garbage bags full of other people's crap, which is pretty minimal by comparison to other sites in the area. At any rate, I left the place way cleaner than when I got there.

If only everyone would do this, we'd never have to worry about getting places shut down, and we could all enjoy the sport we love without having to shoot in an area that looks like a damned landfill.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top